Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Your Name's Animation Studio Made A Tourism Ad About Canada

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Japanese animation studio, CoMix Wave Films, has gained much acclaim for their beautiful animations and anime films. This of course, includes Makoto Shinkai’s hit movie, "your name". The studio recently made a new tourism ad anime, but it ain’t for Japan or any Japanese city… it’s for Canada.

From the beautiful Canadian Rockies to the bustling metropolis of Vancouver and Toronto, the new ad highlighted the beauty of Canada thanks to CoMix Wave Films’s signature animation style. Remember folks, this is the same studio behind "your name". And yes, I’ve been to Canada during the Winter and it’s really that cold up north, though the video calls the country a “warm” destination for Winter. I personally beg to differ. Regardless you can really appreciate the attention to detail and animation style used to capture the beauty of Canada.

Yeah, just imagine this same anime studio doing a commercial for your country… I wonder how they'd do one for Singapore? Or the Philippines? Maybe Malaysia or Indonesia? There are just so many wonderful countries from which you could chose from. For one thing though I think you'd be hard pressed to find a country as cold as Canada. ​

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Negi-Springfield I need to know if this CM is accurate, do you agree with its gorgeous depictions? An ice skating rink has never looked so good before, and that is even including all the effort put into them for Yuri on Ice.

Now all I need is a name for this project to search and to find it on MAL like every other CM that is done like this.

@BK-201 @Noobs another nice looking short to add to your collections.

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
  4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh thank you @Vladnyx I would have found it eventually when I grew bored enough to shift through all the recently added pages but that is much quicker. Although they currently list it as still ongoing, interesting. I wouldn't mind more of this though, I can't get enough of that style it is done in.
    Tourism shorts in general are usually nice little watches, I'm alway sup for checking them out, especially if animated like this.

5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Your welcome anytime @Supernatural-Knight, though I'll be honest. I just google translated the video. If that hadn't worked I would have done more web searing for a answer. It is odd that it's listed as still ongoing. Maybe they have plans for a part two. From their campaign site which is in the video's description it actually sounds like it's possible.
    https://www.canada.jp/winter2017/

You'll have to translate the page and even then it's not perfect but it's close I'd imagine. But damn though... that animation quality out of this world. What I'd personally like to know myself is who did the music backing for this. Well anyway check out the campaign page. It's chalk full of nooks and crannies about the destinations and places shown with descriptions about them. If I had spent more time I'd have included them in my post. Maybe I'll update it tomorrow with them.​

6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    it is strange that its tagged as ongoing and it does give the feeling that they might do these to other countries. when i think about it, it just makes me wonder which tourist spot they would use since we have many spots worth visiting.

@Negi-Springfield @Cpt_K3nny the canadians that i can think of right now. what do you guys think?

added and rated. now i added something from my anime hiatus thats thanks to you both.

7. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US!!!

8. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1

Yup, that's Canada for you.

I'm not from Toronto (although I was there this week), so I don't know for sure, but they might just be skating on a lake.

Ten years ago, outdoor ice rinks used to be awesome, but, thanks to global warming, they're hard to come by besides for February.

I also highly doubt Niagara falls freezes in winter (again, not from Toronto), but I really want to see it in February now (I won't, because F the six hour drive).

@Cpt_K3nny might be able to give more information than me about other provinces, mine wasn't depicted in this clip (his wasn't either though).

#8 Negi-Springfield, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017