Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Your first Ghost Hunt experience

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Supernatural-Knight, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    This show is definitely a must watch for any supernatural fan, lets face it why else would you be checking it out in the first place, but the unique aspect is that it is only lowly rated in the age appropriate category. So how is it that a supernatural horror mystery that is suitable for a younger audience to be scary or creepy and keep a horror classification?
    The answer lies in the time of day in which you watch this series, this makes all the difference.

So the questions are what time of day did you watch it for the first time, what were the weather conditions like and  how did it affect your viewing experience?

I first watched this show of a night around 10-12 in the instalments of its arcs during a rainy period of time in winter. Of course the house was dead quiet except for the noises outside and there was minimal lighting apart from the monitor.
    This greatly effected the level of enjoyment I had while watching it, during ghostly activity the trees outside would scratch the window from being blown around, which even managed to sync with a part of the arc where the characters were concerned about a window. Also living in an older house there are a lot of creaks for no apparent reason and when they match up to yet another paranormally active scene it really makes all the difference, it actually made me jump by doing so as it was so unexpected and well timed and it occurred all by chance.
    Since then Ive rewatched this show time and again and still found it just as enjoyable regardless of time viewed and prior knowledge to what is happening. So to make it a better experience watch it of a night in the dark and quiet void that is your house.

Who else has had this kind of scenario happen to them for this series?

2. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think I watched this probably during college in the Spring 2011 semester. Not very quiet seeing I was in one of the dining areas for a 2 hour break (where I watched a lot of anime).

3. PureEbil Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    After reading your experiences with this show I find myself compelled to agree and relate.  As with my first time watching Ghost Hunt, I was living with a friend in a tiny little house that was subject to all forms of strange noises due to weak structure and strong reactions to the weather. It was also the dead of night and my friend, my brother, and me were all watching it for the first time.  The synchronicity with the strange noises was unparalleled unlike anything I've ever experienced including watching shows like Paranormal Activity.  There was even one time when the glass shattering on the show synced with a glass in the sink falling over for no reason it definitely added a sense of spooky to the viewing. As far as addressing the idea that this could be considered for a younger audience, while I am always young at heart, I am 24 years of age now I still find as much joy and sense of wonder watching Ghost Hunt. I've watched the series at least 9 times. I should also express that I do not believe in the existence or presence of ghosts in any way shape or form and have found no enjoyment in watching any RL instances of ghost related shows. Despite this, I found Ghost Hunt to be the perfect show to enjoy on regular occasion, it ranks as one of my top 5 anime of all time and would recommend it to any regular viewer of anime or people who enjoy a good ghost story. One of the best aspects of the story is that, while being fiction and anime, it addresses all the possible angles of a ghost haunting from a realistic stand point. Most if not all of the stories told within could be related to actual occurrences in RL or even personal experiences.