Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Your favorite ways to make ramen

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sporadic, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Personally I like making it a dozen different ways. but I think the best is creamy chicken flavor. Boil the noodles in the regular amount of water and then once they're soft dump out about 1/4 of the water. Then crack one egg into the water, add chopped green onions, onion powder, garlic powder, light chile powder and salt. After two minutes take off heat and add flavor packet. Then I let it stand for maybe 3 mins so the noodles soak up all the juice and the egg gets over medium.

What are some of your favorite ways to make and eat ramen?

2. Znelson Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I normally just put some eggs in mine, occasionally I throw chili powder in it. Sometimes I like to cook meat separate from the ramen and add it in at the end.

@sporadic I'm gonna have to try your recipe, it sounds delicious. :)

3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    . @sporadic I’m gonna have to try your recipe, it sounds delicious. [​IMG]

Agreed. :D

I'm a tad lazy so I just boil them in water and add the flavor packet.  Sometimes add a few vegetables.

4. Znelson Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So I attempted Spors recipe.  It didn't turn out bad, but I couldn't get the flavor quite right (my spice balance was off). The broth was really flavorful but I couldn't seem to the noodles to absorb any of the flavor, side not the green onions were a great idea. Also question, Do you mix the egg in with the ramen or let it cook as a egg and remain whole?

I bought enough ingredients for 8 attempts So tomorrow I will try attempt no. 2!

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    So I attempted Spors recipe. It didn’t turn out bad, but I couldn’t get the flavor quite right (my spice balance was off). The broth was really flavorful but I couldn’t seem to the noodles to absorb any of the flavor, side not the green onions were a great idea. Also question, Do you mix the egg in with the ramen or let it cook as a egg and remain whole?

I bought enough ingredients for 8 attempts So tomorrow I will try attempt no. 2!

Yeah you have to go really low on the additional spices since theres already so much provided in the flavor packet.

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I usually do chicken ramen with chili power and green onions. I think I will try swirling a beaten egg in like Egg Drop soup.

7. M-theoria Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I usually like making it by paying someone to make it for me, because i can't cook for shizzles.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I usually do chicken ramen with chili power and green onions. I think I will try swirling a beaten egg in like Egg Drop soup.

I like doing that too. Sometimes I'll crack a whole yolk into it and then I'll whisk an egg in a bowl and pour it in to make the juice really thick.

9. Znelson Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    attempt number two turned out significantly better. Although I still didn't get the spice balance right, too much garlic. Lets see how attempt 3 goes!

When do you throw the spices in? The second it gets soft or after its gotten soft for awhile?

10. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Attempted making some ramen on Friday.  Took some chili flavored ramen and mixed it with chicken, carrots, green peppers, and an egg, fried in coconut oil and soy sauce.  It was pretty good, but I think that I cooked the egg a little too long.

EDIT:  So I attempted @Sporadic recipe.  It turned out pretty good.  I didn't add any onion powder though, because I don't have any.  Idk if I used too little water as it was mostly noodles with little to no broth after adding the egg.  Don't think I got the spices just right either.  Also, do you break the yolk of the egg after you drop it in?

11. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    No I don't break it but it's place in so close to taking it off the heat that it's either over eay or medium when i break into it.

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Today I made some ramen with fresh red pepper, crushed red pepper, caramelized white onions, shredded chicken and topped with hot sauce.

13. PureEbil Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    ... what is this place o.o I have never seen these types of ramen styles before. I feel super lazy now I microwave 2 crushed chicken ramen in a deep bowl, with just enough water to make it float about a half a centimeter and flavor packs dumped in, for 3 minute and half minutes stir then microwave another 3 minutes. Then I leave it sit out and stir occasionally until the water w/flavor has completely absorbed into the noodles or evaporated. I have once add brisket corn peas and carrots to this before.
    (I know this was a very old topic but I wanted to share)

14. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Guess ill post my ramen casserole here. simple ingredients, and you can make a large amount for a party dish and it cheap.

1st dish you need
    1 box stove top stuffing (whichever flavor prefrence)
    2-3 packs of ramen (I prefer the beef)
    french fried onions (optional but i find it adds more flavor)

Follow the instructions to make the stuffing and ramen. When i make the ramen after they soften I dump all but a little water out and then give the seasoning time to cook into the noodles (you can do it to you prefrence)

once the stiffing and noodles are done, put in a casserole dish, noodles at the bottom, stuffing on the top, then sprinkle french onion on the top of the stuffing (however much you like). Bake in the oven for about 10 min at about 300, just enough to give the stuffing some crispness (but make sure your not drying your noodles)
    enjoy

you can also do this same recipe but put mashed potatoes in the middle, I havent done the mashed potato part but i have heard its really good

15. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Favorite way to eat ramen:

[​IMG]

Actually i don't think i've ever eaten it, not even as a baby when i didn't have an own will yet.

16. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I'm not the creative when it comes to cooking but I like to make the creamy chicken ramen and add that and the spicy chicken flavor packet with only about half of the water it tells you to use.