Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Writers: The Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Design' started by Lince, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I just figured we could use a thread like this. If you have an idea for a story or anime, but want another opinion, go ahead and post it here if you want.

I came up with this today. I'm not sure if it makes sense, or if this has already been done before, but it sounds wicked.

Title: Te Deum

The story takes place within a computer simulation, set to imitate life on Earth in a futuristic society. Each person, or “program” in this simulation, has their own set of codes that can be changed at any moment and for any reason. Thus, life in the simulation is constantly changing. However, the only one who notices this within the simulation is a high school student named Lewis Wolfe. But he doesn't know how or why he’s the only one not affected by the changing environment, and the thought soon drives him to shut himself out from the simulation around him. But one day on his computer, Lewis accidentally discovers the console command program that is running the simulation. Motivated by the chance to improve his life, he begins to change the coding…

Genre: Action, Technology, Psychological, Battle of Wits.

2. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Alright, so I was listening to some music and I came up with this idea. I don't have that much time, but basically the outline of the idea falls around a high school guidance counselor named Greg [Subject to change, and probably will] whose best friend committed suicide when they were in high school. Because of this, he takes his job very seriously and the chapters/episodes would be about him going out of his way to help the students at the school with their problems so nobody would feel the pain he felt.

Edit: His school has also taken a turn for the worse lately when it comes to reputation, so he's trying to get to the bottom of things while helping the students who are struggling with themselves.

3. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    @MrLincecum I was wondering if you had given this idea anymore thought? I know it was almost a year ago but. It sounds like it would be a fun read.

4. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I actually bounced this idea off of my brother a year ago, and we came up with a bunch of stuff that would make the idea cooler. This idea is Death Note inspired, so it'd basically be about Lewis trying to figure out why he's immune to the changes in the coding, while at the same time trying to defend against the "gods" [or people who control the simulation in the outside world] from eliminating him. We also thought of a cool ending, but just in case I actually write/make this in the future, I'm keeping it to myself.

I honestly haven't given writing this any thought. I really like the idea, but all I'm really good at doing is coming up with ideas. I can make a good beginning and end, but I'm horrible at the middle. The last thing I want to do is butcher one of my ideas into a bad story just because I wasn't skilled [or patient] enough to write it. I take a lot of pride in my ideas because I personally think that some of them have potential, so I'd rather wait until I have the time and skills to make it good.

5. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I know how you feel. I don't know how many times I have went back and read something when I was done with it or the part I was writing and seeing how much I butchered it.