Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

who still plays the orignal yugi oh card game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bloody Gamer, Jul 28, 2017.

?

who still plays the orignal yugioh card game

1. i do

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. i use to

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. i never have

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bloody Gamer I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    who still plays the original yugioh card game? I still do.

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    The actual card game no. I did dabble a lot in the DS games and the GBA games. There was a humorous PSP translation of one of the later games which was up to date to Pendulums.

I tend to fallback to a mixture of Gustos and Psychics. However it seems they brought a nerf hammer to one of the more important psychic cards. Forgot the name of it, but it let you swarm the field pretty good. That makes using both a little harder since going solo Gusto is easy to counter. (Stop sending them to the graveyard since that activates it's effects)

My favorite card, aside from the staples is probably Ultimate Axon Kicker. It's easy to summon by the use of a spell card whose only use is for that card. Normally it's a waste of deck space but the spell card makes for nice baiting of backfield destruction. If it's destroyed like that it lets me draw another card. Ultimate Axon Kicker is easy to bring out with my deck set up where otherwise it's difficult to run.

It's can't be destroyed by destruction effects and has a pretty good 2900 att. Inflicts piercing that lets me regain health points too. In conjunction with the level 8 psychic archfiend syncro (forgot the name), any psychic monster card becomes immune to single card targeting effects. For a paltry sum of a thousand lifepoints, this is easily made up by the effects of the two cards themselves.

I just like this deck, although I suppose it's not as fast as some of the more fancy setups now. I like the options it gives me though.

3. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I still play. I only use a bullshit deck which isn't competitive at all because I honestly hate everything synchros +

I liked it better when you had to had to work for your good monsters and then had to work on protecting them. Nowadays good monsters are so expendable that there's literally no reason to even play. Might as well just draw your cards, and if you dont draw what you want, just forfeit.

4. Bloody Gamer I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    agreed I love the original I don't even get the new platum or whatever cards

5. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I still have my dragon deck that I use from time to time. As well as my dark fiend deck that has one of the saint beasts.

6. Bloody Gamer I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I got some god cards in one deck and a noble knight deck and my love has the rest of the decks that's made plus the cards that's not in decks they cover most the binder lol

7. PhantomBrat Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tend to play the video games since I don't have anyone to Duel. I have a fair amount of cards in my collection...at least 3,250 between four binders, not counting the ones in my Sale/Trade binder. I actually beat a modified Marik Starter with an unmodified Marik Starter deck. Twice in a row no less!

I tend to lean more towards Spellcasters and Dragons, but have a pretty good combo planned with Spirit Barrier, and Astral Barrier, Marshmallon, and Marshmallon Glasses.