Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Who Is Your Favorite Dragon Ball Universe Character?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by jmriz, May 27, 2016.

1. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    This thread is for people to post their favorite characters from the Dragon Ball universe from any of the shows.

Mine would have to be a toss-up between Piccolo and Broly from DBZ.

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Well lets start with the Dragonball Universe first. For starters i'd have to say Bulma. To begin with her encounter lead to all of Goku's adventures and progressing into becoming a savior of the Earth. Also not to mention becoming a better martial-artist through encountering Master Roshi and strong foes alike. Even the invention of the Dragon-radar centralized a very large part of the overall story. Just simply due to her influence over the show and how it kicked things off she is certainly my favorite female character from the series as a whole. Next in line from the Dragonball Universe for me would have to be Master Roshi. Sure he was a pervy old man, but his knowledge of martial-arts lead to not only Goku's growth and development but also Yamcha & Krillin's. He even swayed over Tien and Chiaotzu. Now to progress to Dragonball Z Universe.

For me it's easily Vegeta and for several reasons. Vegeta was the first foe aside from Piccolo that Goku faced that overwhelmed him. This was the first time Goku had faced anybody with that kind of strength and after the fight lead him to train intensely to surpass him. This caused Goku to realize he still had new plateaus he could obtain. From there we start to learn of Vegeta's past which only built up a connection to his character. What more can be said of the Proud Sayian Prince. It's only until later after Cell is defeated that his character undergoes a change of heart. His development from the time he was introduced till now makes him the clear cut winner I feel unless you take into account Goku's adventures as a child in Dragonball. Just really nobody comes close. Sure you have Piccolo, but his change of character took root within a little over a years time. Sure some could argue Gohan yet we all know he feel off after the battle with Cell. From there on he hasn't really progressed or changed.

The other character from Z for me would have to be Future Trunks. His actions saved a time-line. He even softened the heart of his own father. His character was so well motivated and driven to succeed in making a world free of the androids. For that he earns a spot as my second favorite. From there my next favorite has to be Piccolo followed by Goku. After them I can't say as I have a favorite that follows. Maybe Krillin I guess. And as for Dragonball Super so far I don't have a favorite. Haven't been enjoying Super much at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you about Vegeta, he really turns out to be a great father!!

4. Blastarolla Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Vegeta all the way baby, oh yes!

Makes me so bummed out :/ Even though my favourite is Vegeta by far I feel like they could have done so, so much with Gohan having pretty much built up all this fuss from pretty much the start of DBZ all the way up until the end of the Cell Saga and then what? Nothing. Really, really disappointing.

5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    To be honest iv'e never been that big a Gohan fan. He has always been forced to fight by default. It's always been a friend in harms way or his father not being able to handle the given threat. He has always had this great power and potential that far surpasses everyone else yet he doesn't tap into it. To me that just infuriates me to the point I don't have words to describe it. Now dealing with DBS and this new arc there going into with Future Trunks I'm hoping something will be done with Gohan's character. If not then at the very least make his daughter Pan not be as big a let down as her Pa.

6. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Majin Buu!

But that's because I saw this when I was little.

The other characters are nice. Not one in particular I dislike. I was hoping Gohan would get crazy powerful, but I guess he hit his climax as a child. Well, his progression rate dropped after he got older, I should say. He did manage to hold off Buu for awhile.
    Wonder what happened with Goten (I still have to finish DBZ).

7. Blastarolla Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I feel like he could have turned out to be more in tune with his powers if he were more involved (obsessed) with the training aspect of growing up. Those influences of every day life and Chichi's obsession with Gohans study suppressed a lot of that, and I guess its most likely why he remained more on the sidelines than anything else.

Its been a long time since i finished it and the fact that I don't remember much about what happens to Trunks and Goten says to me that not a lot happened, haha. Guess they remained goofy side characters.

8. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
  9. TheRailgunSpark Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Mine would be Vegeta and Trunks cause there both bad ass fighters and proud saiyans. Vegeta I feel like had the most character development from his feud with Goku to his past and proud heritage to his change of heart after the Cell saga, but through these changes he always remained true to himself and was always Vegeta and was still such a bad ass character and he was in my opinion the most relatable character besides Trunks. Vegeta became a pretty good well rounded character and in the end you rooted for him. He just trains so hard all the time I really respect him for his pride and how hard he works at training to get even stronger constantly. He's a no none sense kind of guy he's not goofy like Goku I just like and prefer how Vegeta handles himself.

Trunks same thing another bad ass character and was very driven and motivated similar to Vegeta and he even managed to change a whole timeline for the better and he also got the job done he didn't waste anytime he just flat out destroyed everyone with his sword Trunks never messed around. He even got Vegeta to eventually warm up to him which is also quite a feat knowing Vegeta. And again I just like how Trunks was portrayed and just how he wanted to handle things and the serious approach he took about things as well, but could also be relaxed and calm to he was a good kid and smart to.

If I had to give honorable mention to anyone it would be Tien and I always felt like there's more potential with him yet, but never really got the full attention he deserved. He's a good fighter and we know he disappears to train wherever and just kind of goes to the beat of his own drum. I always thought he was an interesting character and just the sort of mysterious vibe you get from him at times and again I thought there would be more to him then there has been always and he would be much stronger than he is, but oh well I guess I still think he's pretty decent and like him as a fighter.

Gohan i've always been so disappointed about it cause he was so bad ass as a kid especially during the Cell saga, but then when he grew up he basically became nothing except the dorky Sayaman. Heck Gohan rarely trains at all anymore and isn't anything like he used to be when he was younger. He had so much potential as well and nothing came of any of it well he did beat Bojack, but that's about it otherwise. I will give him props for getting Videl though since I always liked her and thought she was both cute and tough, but after getting married she also seems to have calmed down and isn't quite the same anymore. At least we still got Bulma.

Anyway Vegeta and Trunks are my favorites and i'll give a honorable mention shout out to Tien.

#9 TheRailgunSpark, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  10. Risa0402 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My favorite character is Vegeta. Yes, he used to be a bad guy, but he went through a drastic transformation fighting Freiza, and formed a friendship/rivalry with Goku. Got involved with Bulma, eventually married her and they had two children together, Trunks and Bulla.
    My second favorite is Future Trunks, who rewrote the past so Goku lived to help the Z fighters fight against the Androids, Dr, Gero and Cell.

11. Tachiuk I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Krillin for me. He swaps between being a total goofball and a hero character so seamlessly and has some really tragic moments. Plus, for such a little chap he kicks butt :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    And takes home the android girl who was their enemy. That some deep psychological warfare right there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    My favorite has always been Piccolo. He's so badass cool and green. No offense to anyone who isn't green though.
    He was the strongest enemy in Dragon Ball, through out Dragon Ball Z he always stayed strong enough to be helpful enough, unlike many other characters and i just really love the mysterious thing about him. Another thing he kept throughout the entire series.

I wouldn't have thought of Tien, just because he was almost entirely forgotten about at the end of Z and in GT. I completely agree with everything you said about him. He had more potential than they ever gave him. I loved his attack where he put his hands in a triangle. Can't remember what it was called. Also his full name Tenshinhan sounds awesome.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget that Piccolo is a witness to the ascendance of Vegeta to god tier. It's because of Piccolo we know that Vegeta ascended to heaven and saved the world through his selfless sacrifice.

Oh wait...that didn't work :/

15. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Easily Vegeta.

• Like Like x 1