Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Who are you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zak-B, May 18, 2013.

1. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I am Shogun. I've been here for about 6 years now I think.... I know I joined in July, but I can't remember if it was 2008 or 2009.... Here being JD to JD refuge to DTR and now to DT proper. I've been almost all of the hats in my time, starting as uploader then becoming content manager then review admin then review admin of a completely different site. Always moderated forums during that time. Hell if I wasn't such a coward about the big bad authorities coming, I might've been an admin at some point. That and the fact that I'm notoriously bad at accepting new duties sometimes. Especially if those duties involve code. My mortal enemy is code, and it always shall be.
    Irl I'm applying to med schools after getting a bachelor's in science in biology. Also applying for jobs so I can save up some money for that time, pay down student loans, etc.
    I stay here because the community is the best community, though over my history we've always had some problems. It's more an ethos than anything else as I think no one other than myself has been completely contiguous through the community throughout.
    Super internet best friend is still Colme and I'm not accepting new applications quite yet.

2. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    My username is MrLincecum, but some people call me Lince [Either works]. I've been a member of the community since July 2011, and have always been grateful to it for helping me grow up a little bit. I became a Groups Admin/Moderator this year and I'm glad to have the opportunity to give back ^_^

Some of my hobbies include Video Games [I'm a Pokemon fanboy], watching baseball, running, and loafing around on the internet. My favorite anime is a tie between Hatsukoi Limited and Kodocha, and my favorite visual novel is Kara no Shoujo [Can't wait for the sequel to get translated!].

I'm a senior in high school, and today is my last full day of school. I have no real plans after high school, but I plan to take anywhere from a half a year to a year off in order to pursue some of my interests. I'm typically told that I'm a pretty chill guy on the internet, but sometimes I can't help but rant because some days I have a really bad temper.

I'm also a part-time reviewer here, and I plan to start getting more reviews out as soon as the review pages are finished. Ask me my opinions of your favorite anime at your own risk ;)

3. The Banjo Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am The Banjo. I've been coming to this site since its original incarnation was called narutoengdubs and it was run by a girl named Jenna. I don't think they even had a dozen shows on it at the time. Her original idea was just for a Naruto only site, but ended up doing more shows and eventually getting more help. I used to use the chat a lot. Eventually they had a vote for a new name giving all the new anime that were being added and the winner was justdubs. At that time I became an avid forum poster having at one point the most posts for the original justdubs forums. Then those got changed to a better forum and everyone lost their posts. I've only really lurked on the forums since then when I am not watching anime on the site.

Now for myself outside of this website is another story. I am 22 years old currently. I think I was 14 or 15 when I first was using this site in its first form. I am at that weird part of my life where I don't know what I am doing or what exactly what I am going to do. I have been drawing for as long as I could remember and wanted to go to school for animation. Unfortunately the last few years have left me in a very depressing slump with little will to put a pencil to paper given the price on going to school for animation on top of a number of unfortunate events that have occurred since graduating high school. Currently I am somewhat happy with just helping my elderly grandma out and my aunt who has a hole in her stomach where her belly button used to be due to lots of surgery. Soon enough though I think I will go out and try to be in the world again.

Beyond anime and drawing I am into a number of other things. Reading if a big one. I love new books. I just try to hold off reading them, because if I start to read a book I tend to not stop until it is finished. Favorite book will have to be the Forever War. Another thing is video games. Really big into scifi anything for the most part in and out of video games. Favorite genre is going to have to be rts though. I love playing Starcraft, Age of Empires, Command and Conquer, and Dawn of War. Fantasy side of this I love Dragon Age to hell. Especially number 2. People give it so much crap, but I swear I didn't change clothes for a week straight playing it. There's also World of Warcraft. That was my first mmo. Been playing that since april 05. Outside activities I enjoy are rollerblading and going out with my friends. Not a whole lot of that though since I broke my rollerblades and most of my friends have moved elsewhere to find work.

4. Drewzer123 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm Drewzer I'm not really well known around the forums but I've been with JD/DT for a while and I never got "the chance" to be a refugee because I never knew it existed but now I'm here. In my spare time I enjoy playing video games, watching anime, and sometimes reading manga. anime I like is all except hentai (if that is "anime") I like ecchi anime as long as it doesn't really get in the way of the story (for these reasons I like heaven's lost property as one of my favs) and I generally enjoy rom-coms.

5. The-Gunney Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I am The Gunney I am currently 22 years young(though I don't feel young anymore) from Iowa and before you ask no I was never in the service I got the name from School from the way I yelled at others and generally carried myself. I like to read primarily Tom Clancy books and Military Non-Fiction. I occupy my time primarily with playing games and filling job apps wait for my family's financial to get better so I can get into collage without worrying about them. I've decided to go to college for a major in meteorology and minor engineering. My dream job would be at the National Weather Service. I watch different stuff depending on my mood.

6. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My name is Erick, identity on the inter-webs being "Shanarox" for my addicting attraction with Shana<3 Occupation you ask? I serve the United States Army working as MP(Military Police)

Just an average person really... nothing special about me (or at least i haven't discovered anything yet) but simply looking forward to what Fate has in store for me later on within life, so if what you've read sparked some sort of interest for me or maybe a slight chuckle even then feel free to get in contact with me if you'd like; however... I personally don't just add "randoms" and by that I mean that I have to get to know you somewhat well enough for me to accept you as a friend in the same manner like if we've met outside in-person instead (no hard feelings) but that is how I am with socializing amongst others.

I forgot to mention that my hobbies apart from playing video games are being an Otaku (love anime), collecting/framing things of interest, and enjoy music while doing chores or something else relevant - I dislike those who waste my time and disrespect my right to have an opinion on subjects of matter so if you fit into any of the two categories... leave me be

I enjoy daily exercise and look into the media when there is something on that catches my attention (news, special event, weather, etc.) Not much of a book reader but I can easily pickup a magazine and gaze at it for a couple of minutes (mainly when boredom hits me in head) Like all sorts of cultures/foods/places and much much more but I'll be more than happily to go in-depth (detail) if you so desire to know.

7. Nocturnal Death Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone Im Nocturnal Death friends call me Noc but you can call me what ever you want.

Im 13 years old (yes really young) and i have been watching anime since i was 8, gaming is also in my criteria i have been a gamer since i was 6. (yes very young) Not that much to say here so yea, Hi everyone!

8. verisater23 It's my Birthday!

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Well, even though I already introduced myself over at the other thread, might as well do it here as well. I'm verisater23, although in RL my name is Ryan. I live in central NY, about an hour east of Syracuse, NY. I have graduated from college with an A.A.S. in Veterinary Science Technology, I love working with animals, and I hope to go into animal research. I am an anime addict, as well as some of Japanese culture. Although the weird part is that I still consider myself different in the fact that I don't listen to or watch mainstream things, I don't listen to pop, and I don't really watch things that other people watch. I love listening to rock, blues, and metal. I am also a huge gamer, although one that I'm kinda getting into is LoL, haven't really been on it in a while.

9. b1azinchaosMc Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Im Wayne I just graduated high school and im really into
    video games, anime, and computers.
    [​IMG]

10. Paladine321 Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hello and thank you. My name is Paladine, and I feel like an old man compared to most of you. I am 40 years old and have been watching anime way before some of you were born. From the original Harlock, through Bebop, to Assassination Classroom, I have been a long time anime watcher and love pretty much all of the genres. I work at home building computers for people (can't wait until q4 when Zen hits the market), and I love cooking more than I love eating. It's a kind of hobby for me, I guess. I was born and raised in Texas, and for that I blame my parents.

11. dadygoble Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi I am Goble I found my passion for Anime wile deployed to afganistan. I was away from my brand new wife and needed to keep my mind off of what could happen to me and a friend offered to let me use his portable hard drive for entertainment and anime was what the largest amount of the content was and I was hooked that was 5 years ago and now I'm an anime junkie. I served 6 years in the US Air Force as a c-130 chref chief (cool name for mechanic) then at the rank of Staff Seargent (e-5) in 2013 I transphered to the North Carolina Air National Guard and left the active duty Air force. Now I'm an industrial maintenance and machining tech for a textiles coumpany. I have a wife and 1 daughter who are my reason for living. I am a private pilot and fly in my free time as well as race NASCAR late model stock cars for a local amiture race team. Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, jmriz here, also known as John Rizzio. I will start my Senior year of HS in the fall and plan on going to TX A&M to Major in Clinical Psychology and Asian Studies as well as Minor in Japanese Language. I love anime!!!! The first couple series I saw were Pokemon and DBZ as a little kid and anime sort of never got back on my radar until I turned 13 and found Clannad....and the rest is history!!

13. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I've been asking myself this question. And this was the best answer I could come up with:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Just your friendly neighborhood pleb.

15. verisater23 It's my Birthday!

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, it has been forever since I've been on here. I used to be really active back in 2015, but because of school I've rarely had time to get on.

So some things about me:
    Verisater23, or veris for short
    24 years old, I'll be 25 in a month
    Currently going for a B.S. in animal science, which will then lead me into biomedical research with animals. I'm studying at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, a top research school
    I've been an anime addict for over 10 years, as well as a gamer
    Love metal guitar, and love symphonic metal

For other personal stuff, that's for my inbox

16. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    You can always PM @Sporadic for a name change ;)
    welcome to our forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Hey everyone, I'm J.B. (the initials of my real name). I just joined this club today and I'm glad to be here. Originally from Houston, now living in North Carolina. I'm a former repo man, tow truck operator, strip club bouncer, and night watchman at a auto storage yard. Now, I'm disabled, (and hating it), spending most of my time fishing, watching anime, and reading books. My other hobbies include video games, model building, and going to the Civil War sites around the state. My tastes in music is thrash and death metal, southern rock, power metal, classic rock, and blues guitar. I'm not a big movie watcher, or into t.v. much, but I do watch The Walking Dead, and pro wrestling. Anyway, as I said before, I'm glad to be here and as a member of the Justdubs community.

18. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    That means there is a hidden treasure burried somewhere at your old house!

Sorry for the bad joke.

19. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    While reading through this thread i found out i never introduced myself. Maybe i should.

My name is Maarten, i am 25 years old(nearly 26), i live in a little town called Nieuw-Lekkerland in The Netherlands, but will move to a nearby city called Dordrecht soon, which is one of the, possibly the most historic city in the country.

I signed up on this forum by request of Sporadic. He was content manager here at the time and i knew him and Ovyda from a gaming clan forum. I think that was in 2013. It was around the time JD went down and we moved to JustDubsRefuge forum. My first posts were probably on there.

In real life i do volunteer work at an animal shelter, which is like a second home for me. I have been arguing for minutes with myself if i should say this but i shouldn't be afraid of telling people. I have autism which makes it rather difficult to find a real paid job and hard to have many social contacts. It was diagnosed a little late at my 24th.
    I love sports, both to play them and watch them. I play darts and follow the professional game closely. I also like to watch football(soccer), Basketball, baseball and American Football. Sometimes Hockey when its on tv but the other sports take alot of time already.
    Tv shows i like are Family Guy and South Park, Dexter, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.
    My favorite animes are Uchuu Kyoudai(Space Brothers in english, it has no dub), Monster and Gintama. Gintama is slowly growing into my favorite of all time.
    I also like One Piece and Naruto from the big 3. Bleach was cool but not a huuuge fan.
    I'm a big fan of metal/hard rock music. I visit concerts a couple times a year and really enjoy doing that. My favorite bands are Iron Maiden and The Gaslight Anthem. After that probably Black Sabbath, Kamelot, ACDC, Guns n Roses.. stuff like that. Last concert i visited was Bullet For My Valentine in November.

That's all i guess.

20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Let's keep this simple:
    I am Core, y
    our worst nightmare.