Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Who are you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zak-B, May 18, 2013.

1. Zak-B Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unlike the "Welcome new members", which is more for sharing "welcomes"'s, I would like this thread to be used as a more personal record of who you are. Something someone new to the group can read and get an idea of the people contained within this community. Your name, your hobbies, how you got here, your music tastes, what country you live in. Whatever you deem important. I'll start.

I'm Zak. I live in Scotland, in the UK, and I came to Dubtopian Review (with many other members) after our previous forum was closed down. I joined that previous forum way back in February of 2011, and I've stuck with the community since. My reason for joining was tied to my strong interest in anime at the time, and while I don't watch nearly as much today, I hung around for all the friends I had made. Of course the people who were on the forum back in 2011 is pretty different to now, but I don't feel the welcoming vibe has been lost over the years.

Speaking more specifically about my tastes in things, I should start with my preferences in anime. While I don't think there's a particular genre of anime I prefer, there are a few that I generally avoid. I'm very rarely a fan of ecchi in an anime, and so I don't really like harems either. Other than anime, I'm very much into video-games and art-y things like drawing and more recently editing images on photoshop. I'm actually going into a Graphic Design course later this year, and I hope in the future I can get a degree in an art and design area, so that I may work as an artist in the video-game industry. When I'm not playing video-games, watching anime or doing something related to art, I'm either sleeping or finding another excuse to stare at a screen. :p

That about sums up me. I may add stuff later, but until then, I ask the other members of this group: Who are you?

2. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Hi, I'm BK-201 but most just call me BK (No, it doesn't stand for Burger King!) I am a Psychology graduate and I am from London, England. I became a member of Dubtopian Review, like Zak, when our previous forum was closed. I followed this community as it is the most friendly and fun online community I have had the pleasure of being a part of. I joined the previous forum back in September 2012 after becoming a huge anime fan and wanting people to discuss what I have seen.

My other interests include non-anime films (I run the film club here), playing video games and learning how to do graphicy things. I also manage the Dubtopian Review Youtube Channel which will host a variety of community user created content, so if have something you want on there feel free to message me.

3. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm Karma.
    I am Walrus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'm Red. I've made somewhat of a career of working for anime sites. I started at Uber-Anime and moved to Dubbinz. Then Dubbinz merged with JustDubs. Now I'm here :)

I am not a weeaboo, but I do have an interest in Japanese culture. My minor in college was Japanese studies (every course available--arts, history, religion--except the language.) I am interested in the differences between the West and the East as the civilizations developed and how the free exchange of information and technology effect the regions now. I read both anime and cultural news from Japan daily.

In college, I also was introduced to anime. Back in the day, I had to rent anime on VHS from a comic book store. The advent of online streaming changed my life. I am now a full-blown otaku with several hundred anime under my belt. I will watch any genre, but prefer horror, ecchi, psychological and action.

I've made it my mission, both on the sites and the Facebook page, to inspire users to expand their anime repertoire beyond that of the big three Shounen anime. There are lots of hidden dubbed gems out there if you will take a chance.

I also want to create sanctuaries where users feel that they are safe to express their opinions and feel valued. So often otaku feel isolated and unpopular. I want everyone to realize that they are not alone and there are many, many others who empathize with their feelings. Big internet hug time!

5. Kyochan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First i would like to say hello everyone, ^.^
    Alright now i will start, my name is Joshua Mansur,21, my hobbies are watching anime, playing games, hanging out with friends, that's about it for right now lol. I didn't join the forum back when it was jd, i just watched online, so when dtr came online i was like i gotta join the forum this time and here i am and all i can say is i am glad i did, XD.
    I live in Alabama of USA. I was originally from Connecticut tho XD, gosh i miss the north. My music taste is a wide range, from all types of music, from all across to world, except i'm not a big fan of rap of any kind. Also for now i'm not in school, i had to drop out of college due to financial reason :(, but i'm in the process of trying to get back in, but i'm going to change my major since the school i'm going to go to this time doesn't have anything in the major i was going for. (which was forensic psychologist) as for right now i just work at a grocery store, which to be honest i don't reccomend it, it really sucks but cant complain to much.
    It's great to meet all of you and great chatting with all of you.

p.s. Nyaing!

6. Sinister Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I’m a Deviljho!
    I be from the UK. More precisely, ex-England, now Scotland.

I’m very, very fond of gaming, watching anime, and drawing. Not to mention eating.
    I hope to one day be able to draw amazing art containing things like anime, because right now I’m a pretty awful artist, to be frank, which I’m not, because I’m Ryan, not Frank, even though I was being frank.

I came here from the Facebook page after JustDubs was taken down, but it’s nice to be back in a community.

I look forward to making friends, even if this reply was late.

7. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Konnichiwa everyone~!

I'm Hikikomori, though most call me Kiri. My real name is Nicola. You can see a few of my nicknames here. I'm the administrator of the Weekly AVI/Sig Group here on DTR. I joined JustDubs in October of 2012 and got to witness its shut down and decided to stay with the community as I felt "at home" with everyone. Like many others, I made an account here as soon as the site was up. I'm now an official Dubtopian~!

I'm a real life techy, otaku, hikikomori. My hobbies include watching anime, reading mangas, cooking/baking, image editing/graphic design, and computers. I haven't watched as much anime as I'd like to due to my old internet service provider (ISP) limiting the amount of things I could download. I know have a slightly better ISP, and I'm watching more at the pace that I like. I also try to cook/bake at least once a week to try new foods.

I plan to go to a tech school this fall for a degree in Computer and Networking Administration. In high school, I took every computer class they had to offer, ranging from Photoshop to CAD. Due to these classes, I'm well rounded in the field of computers. I also like to spent time editing images making AVI's (avatars) and Signatures for myself and others to use. I'm also fluent in HTML, CSS, JAVA, and PHP.

As for my personality, I'm very shy and find it hard to talk to people face-to-face. Once I do get to know someone though, I'm kind, cheerful, and very loyal. I cherish with all my heart those that I call my friends. My hopes are to get to know as many of you as possible and maybe even make some life-long friends.

8. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Hey I'm Aizengard. I live in America in the state of Florida (God I hate this state). I'm a freelancer who is trying to make a carer in writing. Once I get a full time job I'm going to go to a trade school and go into theater and creative writing. I write Fantasy and Parody in my spare time. I'm a big gamer and I watch anime. I don't watch nearly as much as I use to and don't play nearly as many games.

My friends see me as an ass and a very sarcastic person (which I am BTW). I hurt my leg a few years back and it still bugs me a bit every once in a while. I also tend to limp a bit.

9. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My name is Prince Joseph Allen Miller the 2nd (royalty). Im kind of a butt backwards guy, and i make a point to keep and enhance that. by looking at me, you would think alot of things about me, all of which are probably wrong.

My Hobbys and interests are Computers, games, Photoshop, desktop customization, fiddling, Learning about things no one else cares about, Japanese Music, Vocaloid, Weight lifting, working out, Reading, Driving, Space, Sea, Tech updates, doing things the "hard way".

another thing that makes me kind of ass backwards is my ADHD, i was diagnosed with a severe case of it at an early age, this is annoying. its even now, when my greatest love is video games, i cant play them for long or i get fidgety. i also over-use commas in my sentences. My ADHD kind of makes me bi-polar as well. i love being down and calm, staring at the sky, but i have the most fun hanging out with the guys from work and just letting loose.

Im also quite shy, iv grown quite capeable of putting on a mask to allow myself to be more open, one day, i hope i wont have to wear that mask.

so youve read all this and you wonder, what makes me so backwards?

well, otakus dont usually lift weights, or hang out at brewerys with a bunch of people who have no interest in japanese culture/whatever, while not even drinking himself.
    Computer geeks dont normally detail vehicles for a living.
    Calm people dont normally have ADHD
    Althought its not uncommon, i love the Sky, and the sea

basicly, i like to portray myself as your average Joe, when in fact, im an geeky otaku, who does it all.

im a jack of all trades, i can learn and do anything, but i dont think ill ever be the best at any of those things.

i like women, i live in Chesterfield, Virginia....hi

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Hello. I'm Sporadic. I'm admin and content director on a certain website. I'm also the creator/manager of our communities skype chat. I live in Las Vegas Nevada. I'm a certified secure programmer by trade. In my spare time I enjoy watching anime, reading manga and comics and hanging out with friends.

11. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello there, I'm better known as plantkingman back on the original site and the temp forums. I'm currently working at Penney Farms Retirement Community in Florida. I work at night so I'm here in the afternoon after I get up. On to other things, I like action, sci-fi, adventure as well as some fantasy anime. I like to read the Ring of Fire series the most prominent being 1632 series by Eric Flint and the Destroyermen series by Taylor Anderson. I like carnivorous plants what can I say they eat insects!  I currently have a Nintendo Wii and like the Resident Evil series. Enjoy the Star Wars movies and a lot of action/adeventure, fantasy movies anyhow.

12. ItsKatt Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone i'm Katt! I was never a 'real member' of the old forums, I may have posted 6 things..but out of the years and years of using the site I was never active. After stalking DTs facebook page since it was created, last week I decided to make an account an actually be active. I love anime and I would like to meet new people who do as well, because honestly.. there aren't too many people in my circle who do x)

I'm pretty open to different types of animes but..I have those that I try to stay away from. I try to stay away from animes that have Mecha, Horror, Scarryness, Vampires, or lots of blood as geners. Although, Full Metal Panic is pure awesomeness in my book! I'm a fan of drama and romance and whatever else comes with it =P I watch Subs or Dubs.
    Lately i've been reading more manga than anything and anything with some romance in it and i'm all gravy!
    I love playing video games. (PC and PS3) On my PC mainly MMORPGs,well really thats all i play. Perfect World for an example. I like my characters to look fancy even if I never see their faces after I customize them. PS3..I don't have a preference..FPS,Arcade,Racing,FIghting,GTAing..i'm pretty open ^-^
    I enjoy making random whatnots on Photoshop && After Effects. I got into Yugioh during college so although i'm not all that great, I do play it. I like the blast music after I shower and have a mini concert in my room. (music choices usually involves..Maroon 5, Micheal Buble && random Anime OP/ending) I love apple juice,chicken, and cheesecake just as much as I love anime xD. I am currently in my third year of college in Michigan studying Film and Japanese. && thats all I can think of to share ^-^

13. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Nice to meet everyone.

14. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone i’m Katt! I was never a ‘real member’ of the old forums, I may have posted 6 things..but out of the years and years of using the site I was never active. After stalking DTs facebook page since it was created, last week I decided to make an account an actually be active. I love anime and I would like to meet new people who do as well, because honestly.. there aren’t too many people in my circle who do x)

I’m pretty open to different types of animes but..I have those that I try to stay away from. I try to stay away from animes that have Mecha, Horror, Scarryness, Vampires, or lots of blood as geners. Although, Full Metal Panic is pure awesomeness in my book! I’m a fan of drama and romance and whatever else comes with it =P I watch Subs or Dubs.
    Lately i’ve been reading more manga than anything and anything with some romance in it and i’m all gravy!
    I love playing video games. (PC and PS3) On my PC mainly MMORPGs,well really thats all i play. Perfect World for an example. I like my characters to look fancy even if I never see their faces after I customize them. PS3..I don’t have a preference..FPS,Arcade,Racing,FIghting,GTAing..i’m pretty open ^-^
    I enjoy making random whatnots on Photoshop && After Effects. I got into Yugioh during college so although i’m not all that great, I do play it. I like the blast music after I shower and have a mini concert in my room. (music choices usually involves..Maroon 5, Micheal Buble && random Anime OP/ending) I love apple juice,chicken, and cheesecake just as much as I love anime xD. I am currently in my third year of college in Michigan studying Film and Japanese. && thats all I can think of to share ^-^

Nice to meet you!

15. ItsKatt Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Jesse && @Sporadic nice to meet you as well ^_^

16. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Well here it goes.
    My name is Randy Fisher, im 22 i live in Louisa, Virginia, USA. I live on a Dairy farm and i previously went to college in engineering, failed out of Chemical engineering and currently out of school due to the piledriver that did on my gpa even though i moved to Agricultural sciences. i'd love to return as a Biological systems engineer, but that may take some years till the outdated credit rule takes effect and I build up money again.

In the meantime I am currently working full time on the farm which normally wouldn't be bad, but everything BREAKS ALL THE TIME. I would work part time somewhere else but we had an injury and I feel obligated to help out the family.

My interests are mostly video games, anime, books, and wrestling. I was a 4 year varsity wrestler with 96 career wins. I like reading science fiction, thrillers, and anything that is a series. I enjoy Star Wars since I've read over 100 books from the extended universe. I enjoy James Rollins, Dan Brown, and Micheal Cricton. I enjoy a wide variety of video games across all platforms. My anime interests are fairly wide in shounen and seinen, but i tend to avoid slice of life and shoujo.

As a person im a little eccentric and after trying to write something for a while I decided it would be a disaster of an attempt to try to describe myself.

17. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Just got an invite to the group today, so may as well talk a bit about myself :3

Hi, I'm BaconMan8910.  The username comes from a joke in middle school regarding bacon flavored toothpaste :p  I'm 20 years old, a Sophomore in college, and I major in Electrical and Computer Engineering.  I live off campus, I'm married, and I have a cute little white cat with an orange tail named Peaches :3  I am from the United States, I live in KY.  I enjoy traveling, especially outside of the country.  I've been to Canada and the United Kingdom.

My tastes in anime vary.  I really don't define my tastes by genre, but by individual series.  My favorite anime is Code Geass.  Some of my other favorites include: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Hellsing, Elfen Lied, Mobile Suit Gundam: 00 (and others), Fairy Tail, and more.

Aside from anime, in my free time I love to play video games.  My favorite series is The Legend of Zelda.  I don't play many multiplayer games, except for StarCraft 2.  Feel free to PM me if you have the game and want to play sometime.  I also play guitar, listen to music, repair computers, and go hiking.  Some of my favorite bands include: Snow Patrol, Keane, Coldplay, The Beatles, Demon Hunter, Arch Enemy, Heaven Shall Burn, Rise Against, Breaking Benjamin, Wolves At The Gate, The Reindeer Section, and others.

I originally joined JD after watching anime on there for the longest time.  Not long after I joined, the site went down.  When I heard about DTR I made an account and wasn't really active for a while.  A month or two ago I decided to become active in the community and absolutely love it here :3  I've loved getting to know everyone and look forward to hanging out with everyone and meeting new members in the future ^-^

18. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    welcome :D

If there's anyone else you'd know of who would like to join feel free to send them an invite.

19. Roguecamo Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I go by Camo, have adopted it from my xboxlive days to the point where i actually answer to it with certain people who I met through online and now hang out with when I get the time. I am 21 years of age and Currently live in Okinawa, Japan and plan on relocating within the beginning of next year sometime. Have been here for the last 15 months and have enjoyed the island, have also spent time in Korea and Australia for work. Grew up watching anime with my older sister and have been hooked ever since. I try to look for old series that I saw when I was younger and stray from most of the main stream anime, the closest I get is Bleach.I am a collector of knives and weapons of all kinds and When it comes to Music; I will listen to anything that has a good beat or that gets my blood pumping, especially techno(jumpstlye,dubstep,trance, and hardcore) usually stray from most rap due to being burned out and disgusted with it at a young age. I have been told I am hard to read and a very complex person. I am the type of person that when I set my mind to a task, that task will get accomplished, sometimes to the point of overkill.

Well that is pretty much me in a nutshell, if you have any questions don't hesitate to seek me out and ask, that is if you are up to the challenge.

20. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0