Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What's your anime length preference?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lince, Dec 18, 2014.

?

What's your preference?

1. Shorter Anime

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Longer Anime

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Doesn't matter to me

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    So I was talking to my friends yesterday who also watch anime [although they watch more current releases] and I came across an interesting conversation topic.

We were discussing our preferences about anime length, and pretty much all of my friends said that if an anime had more than 26 episodes, they were less likely to want to watch it.

I've always been a fan of longer anime series. I feel like since they have more episodes, they have more chances to perfect their story or character development. I feel like shorter series' [12 episodes or less] are too hit and miss for me, and I especially feel cheated watching a setup season. Also, longer series gives me something to do in my spare time that lasts a while, which is probably the biggest reason I enjoy them.

I thought this could be a good question to ask you guys. Do you prefer shorter anime or longer anime? Or does length not matter to you?

2. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I like when it's 24-26 episodes long, but if it's more than that I may not watch it.

I also like when it's 12-13, but it sometimes feels too short depending whether or not the ending seems rushed.

In the end, as long as it's good, I don't mind the number of episodes.

3. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I would have to say that the sweet spot for me is 24-26 episodes but I don't mind going all the way to 50 since a lot of anime have a second seasons. I have to think about it if its past 50, unless I get a lot of recommendations or I start it from the beginning without knowing the episode count lol. I haven't had a lot of experience with 12-13 or shorter episode anime but so far I've liked them but some do feel rushed.

4. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a great deal of time to watch anime these days, so I tend to gravitate towards watching shorter series. That said, as long as the length of an anime is appropriate to the story they are telling, I don't really take issue with watching a longer series that I am enjoying.

5. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    24 eps. 23 min per ep. Decent amount of legroom for progression and character development. Longer is good too, for shows like Nisekoi. Shows that I need more of.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I really prefer shorter series. I like finishing anime as fast as possible when I am really into something so a length of 10-13 eps is usually what i like to watch. Yeah the characters aren't as fleshed out but at least with a shorter episode count it becomes much harder for it to feel drawn out.
    I don't easily consider watching something with a larger episode count. I will watch them when I want to but it has taken me 6 years of anime watching to finally start Naruto [just over 100 eps until I catch up now]. Seeing as they have that many eps I can't see myself starting them without having a really good reason. Sometimes it works out like Hajime no Ippo which was that amazing I want more eps, and Gintama which is getting yet another season and I couldn't be happier, but then I've watched others where the duration feels that slow that I'm falling to sleep and I have to put up with it for another 60+ eps.

So I'll basically watch anything I think I'll enjoy but if it is a long series then I am pretty hesitant to begin it. I still haven't begun Fist of the North Star, Lupin III, Prince of Tennis or Detective Conan yet. Hell even FMA's 50 eps seems too large for me to want to watch it willingly without someone to discuss it with.