1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our site at justdubs.org is temporarily down while we work on our new site. Join us on Discord if you have any questions: CLICK HERE TO JOIN DISCORD
    Dismiss Notice

What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Phi., Apr 12, 2013.

1. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I finished Nier Automata finally last night and obtained the Platinum trophy. Hm? What's that? Did I use the in-game trophy shop? lolnope. Completely legit. I didn't buy a single trophy. I honestly wasn't expecting to get, go for, or obtain this Platinum but am so happy I did. :D

So... overall... the moral is... HOW IN THE HELL DID I KNOW NOT ABOUT THIS GAME SOONER?! SERIOUSLY?! HOW?!

I mean it's moot now I suppose. Technically. But this keeps happening to me lol. I always find out about AMAZING games/series way late. But better late than never? I guess?

ALL OF IT. JUST ALL OF IT. ALL OF IT WAS GOOD. WAY TOO GOOD. WAY TOO AMAZING. Story, Gameplay, SOUNDTRACK, just ALL OF IT. ABSOLUTELY ALL OF IT. I never found myself not enjoying myself when I played this game (except near the end when I had to do the annoying as hell farming for the last remaining trophies but even that didn't really ruin my overall experience)

So... yeah... new favorite to win my personal GOTY for this year. RIP Ni No Kuni II. I mean 2nd place is good too I guess (really probably 3rd place with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 close to beginning for me)

Up next for me... is the replacement for Hollow Knight due to dropping and getting rid of it due to it's way-to-high difficulty for me. It's still a Switch game though. Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition on Switch. Hopefully it'll give me a good enough 'break' before IT'LL FINALLY BE TIME FOR IT. Final. Fantasy. 7. Remake. Part. 1. (PS5 Upgrade too no less thanks to me finally having one) :eek:

2. Mafiacow Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 1 / -0
    I KNOW right? I played it a couple years ago but still after the initial hype and wow did it live up to it. I've been meaning to 100% it but I don't own it, was only playing on a friend's PS4 (though I did get A through E). My main question, why can't Toobee and Nines be happy??

3. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I finished Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition on Switch Friday night. I mean... it was very pretty, cutesy, and admittedly fun. At times anyway. Other than that though... I can't really say much else about it. Except that it was overly and unnecessarily difficult most of the time. Ridiculously so during some instances.

I guess getting 'breaks' just isn't something I ever get anymore :rolleyes: (unless I'm playing a Life is Strange game)

So it's pretty god damn clear that it was good thing I got rid of/dropped Hollow Knight without even trying to play it. Because if I got annoyed with the Ori difficulty... I most certainly would have outright ragequit Hollow Knight.

I started playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 1 PS5 Upgrade (Intergrade) last night. I've only completed chapter one so far but... GOD. DAMN. This is probably the best graphics I've seen in a video game... ever? Potentially? The best since FFXV I guess. Plus... IT WAS EXTREME FUN. :D

I'm going to enjoy every moment of this. I just know I am :cool:

Wait a minute.....................

SOMEONE HELP. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DECIDE WHAT I LIKED MORE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR FOR MY PERSONAL GOTY?! Nier Automata or this?! :eek:

4. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have Pokemon Unite pre-loaded on my Switch and will be trying it out whenever it becomes playable. It looks fun from all the videos I watched about it. I only plan on playing it for fun/casual. Is that doable? Who knows. I hope so. But I'd be lying if I said I still wasn't expecting to end up eventually dropping it, just like I did with Pokken, due to getting to frustrated with it. Because I am.

But I still don't see a problem in at least trying it. I'll do my best to not let stuff bother me though and just have fun. If you want to co-op/squad with me... contact me either on Discord or through PM on the forums and we'll see what we can do. Just keep what I said in this post in mind. Also I've never played a MOBA. EVER.

5. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well... Sunday night I finally finished Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Part 1). Overall... I'd say the game was an 8/10. I had a lot of fun with it at times but also struggled with it a bit more than I was really expecting to (in a bad way). Also... this so-called 'controversial' ending seemed completely fine to me. So... yeah... I'm not going to really say much else. You should all know by now that when it comes to me and Final Fantasy... I have the minority opinion on these sorts of things. Or just in general when it comes to so-called 'controversial' video game topics.

I started playing Trails of Cold Steel 1 last night. I'm playing the first 2 games in the frachise back-to-back. It's pretty fun admittedly so far. Gives me MAJOR Persona vibes (except without Personas lol)

6. enemy2 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played Alien Isolation on the PS3 a few years ago (so, not in 4K), and I found it very enjoyable overall, despite a bunch of obvious shortcomings. Not to mention that it's a pretty long game: on a couple occasions I thought I was close to finishing it, only to realize there was a lot more coming. Also play drift hunter for quick fun:)

7. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I finished Trails of Cold Steel 1 last night. Overall I did enjoy this game. I really did. The story was what kept me going for the most part. Plus it's just so much like the Persona series it's scary lol.

I struggled way too much with this game but I was told, repeatedly, that the first game in this franchise is the hardest so we'll see if that's true or not. Regardless I always ended up persevering eventually. The final couple of bosses in the game were a breeze. Which was nice considering the almost-impossible BS I ended up dealing with for the final Old Schoolhouse boss. Hopefully this won't happen with any of the other games. But again we'll see.

Either way I hate cliffhanger endings and I was planning on doing this anyway (because I already knew the first game had a cliffhanger ending beforehand). I'll be playing the next game in the series, Trails of Cold Steel II (2) as soon as possibly tonight. I'm hoping I won't struggle as much with this one and it'll be a lot easier. I guess I'll find out.