Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Are Your Favorite Fight Scenes In Anime?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Vladnyx, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    This question popped into my head earlier today while discussing anime with a friend.
    Just what is or are some of your favorite fight scenes in anime?

Feel free to share as many as you like along with why they are your favorite.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Most Shounens have pretty dank fighting sequences, albeit most of them have predictable outcomes -- my favorite mainstream shounens being Bleach and Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Of the aforementioned, the fights between Ichigo and White are my favorites.

The Emiya Kiritsugu and Kotomine Kirei fight in Fate Zero was quite entertaining, as was that absolutely phenomenal bit at the end of the Cowboy Bebop movie.

Even the anime was pretty 'eh', the Akame and Esdeth fight at the end of Akame ga Kill was really quite splendid.

The Irregular at Magic Highschool has a real big hype fight between MC and the Crimson Prince.

Anything and everything from ecchi/action series, they all have dank fights for obvious reasons, particularly DxD and Queens Blade.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Everything from Kill la Kill (I know, it's technically an ecchi, and is therefore encompassed by the prior listing, but I don't care).

A more recent one being the fight between Saitama and Boros -- or even Saitama and Genos.

As you can see, it's difficult for me to pick just one.

What're yours?

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    All great mentions @Ddos_Dragon. Your totally right in the fact most Shounens showcase fantastic fighting sequences. My favorite mainstream shounen would likely have to be Naruto Shippuden & Yu Yu Hakusho. From NS my favorite fights had to be between Sasuke an Itachi or Naruto vs Sasuke. Mostly due to the hype and sheer anticipation that mounted before the fights. As for Yu Yu Hakusho my favorite from that has to be Yusuke vs Togoru. For some reason I'm a total sucker for long drawn out highly anticipated fights. Especially when it's a rematch your forced into.

Since you mentioned Cowboy Bebop with Spike vs Vincent I can't help but agree. A sheer masterpiece of work by the man Yutaka Nakamura. It was choreographed & executed in such a seamlessly smooth animated fashion. You can almost feel Bruce Lee's essence pouring out of Spike since Spike's fighting style was derived from Bruce Lee. I'd go so far as to say that they studied and tried to replicate action sequences from Asia/Chinese fight films. It really felt reminiscent in comparison. Honestly you could adapt this film into a live-action Hong Kong film and if done correctly it would be bloody fantastic.

Transitioning to my favorite sword fighting scenes falls to only two and Bleach doesn't fall into this. One of those two are Kenshin Himura vs Hajime Saito in Rorouni Kenshin. This particular fight displayed two master swordsman from the Revolution Era. For the first time Kenshin's oath to never kill was pushed right to the very edge. From it's dark atmosphere, where the fight held place, the characters history and relation to each other helped add to this pivotal fight. And to add to it there was literally no means to which the supporting characters could stop this fight. They used ever means at their disposal to kill each other and you felt that every single step of the way.

The second has to be No Name vs Lou from Sword of the Stranger. It takes so much from old classic Samurai movies and showcases it beautifully. From the fierce swings of exchanging blows, acrobatics, fluid motion sequences, it's simply stunning. This fight rates higher on my list than even Spike vs Vincent simply due to how much better of a job it does taking advantage of the environment. It was always changing which kept the action flowing and added to the fight. To me it showcased them using their wits to gain advantages to ultimately claim the win over the other. Be it flinging snow in the others face, going for the high-ground, cornering the other on the edge of a building, and more.

Now I watched Akami ga Kill and yes that fight was excellent at the end. Sadly though that anime killed my favorite characters in sequence from least to favorite.In that exact order... and to this day I haven't watched it since. Those two really went at it and not a single movement was wasted. Each move they made only played into the next string of attacks. And as the fight carried on the action only mounted. It would be the equivalent of a what if Ichigo fought against Hitsugaya before he surpassed Bankai.

For now I'll end things here. I'm sure more great fight scenes will come to mind given a little more time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Every Vegata fighting scene up to episode 222 of DBZ. And if you don't know what episode 222 is then let me tell you it's where the whole thing should have ended :cool:

If I had to pick then the Majin Vegeta battle with Goku. It's one of the few fights that didn't get interrupted a whole lot of times with talking (still remembers Frieza telling Goku he has 5 minutes until Namek blows up. 20 episodes later...)

#4 Doomguy, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Every fight with Ascheriit in Übel Blatt.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes, those fights that are hyped up and are anticipated for 20+ episodes are by FAR the best, mostly due to the satisfaction of FINALLY witnessing the battle. After all that build up, any reaction aside from an awe-filled one is either impossible or sheer disappointment. It's really quite difficult to find fights 'better' than the aforementioned types; as such, I can wholeheartedly say, "YOU ARE NOT ALONE, BROTHER!"

I agree beyond one-hundred percent. The smooth sequence is jaw dropping, and is almost beyond the scope of my puny comprehension. Also, while it would be wonderful to see Cowboy Bebop as a live action flick, I cower at the prospect. I cannot name a decent live action adaption of anime -- it's almost as if they're trying to capitalize on foreign box offices to turn an easy profit, just as video game movies do. Moreover, I hadn't realized Spike had a fighting style based around anyone -- that's an interesting tidbit, and I'm happy you included it.

I understand, Bleach only holds a place in my heart as I've sunk the most hours into it than any other series -- most episode 52 episodes+ scare me off, as I don't think I can be dedicated enough to watch it all the way through. Hence my attachment to it, given that I've completed all 360+ episodes, and much of the manga. In fact, I only got to episode 22~ of Naruto before worming out and placing it to the side for later.

Oh my yes, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that. I can't help but agree, everything from the soundtrack to the concept is absolutely perfect. It's such a touchy moment. Also, since you brought up the concept of breaking oaths to not kill, I think Vash's killing of Legato in Trigun was very impactful. It wasn't much of a fight, but coming to that moral cross road really shook of Vash's ideologies and mind, almost shattering his entire character and facade full of naivete. While we're on the subject, the battle between Vash and Knives was pretty dank.

I don't recall all of the details, so I think I should probably rewatch that fight sometime soon, if it's as good as you say. As you put it, it sounds ten time better than I can think of. Usage of the environment isn't typically used in anime fights, as it is just that.. environment, or background. Splendid retelling, dear Vlad.

Really? That's actually somewhat of a light and humorous note on such a 'dark' series. Although, Sheele was one of my favorites, and she was the first(..? or second) to die q.q. Honestly, I couldn't give two sh!ts about Bulat, as twisted as that sounds. Also, I'm not to fond of Mine -- it's an unpopular opinion, I know, but she's just another Tsundere, albeit with amazing character development. I feel like she overshadowed better characters. I've had hoped Esdeth would've joined Night Raid and continued pursuing Tatsumi romantically. Oh, but, they felt it necessary to shatter my ideals. But, yes, the smooth transitions and passing of blows was incredible. Yes, I'd have loved to see that fight.

Oh, don't worry -- I had some troubles thinking of fight scenes, myself. Your post helped, however.

Also, I'm going to take to using center alignment, because it looks good.
    A fight uninterrupted in DB?
    WHAT IS THIS TREACHERY? DB IS DEFINED BY IT'S FLASHBACKS, CONSTIPATION, AND MID-BATTLE CONVERSATIONS.
    No, but, I haven't gotten very far in any DB series, unfortunately.
    This.

This guy gets me.

Although, I didn't think Ubel Blatt was animated.​

#6 Ddos_Dragon, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    You read that manga? And here I thought I was the only person reading it :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I had thought the same way.

Look at us, breaking walls and tearing apart misconceptions.​

9. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Dang this thread is filling up with posted text quickly. I like it :D
    @Ddos_Dragon Glad I'm not alone in the narrative of fights that you know are bound to happen, but the story adds meaning and emphasis as to what ultimately leads to the fight.

"Chuckles" I couldn't help laughing at the scope of how right you are about the prospect of a Live-Action Cowboy Bebop film. Thus far nearly every single Live-Action adaptation has flopped and fallen straight on it's face. Among the best Live-Action adaptations Iv'e watched have to be of Deathnote, Rorouni Kenshin, and possibly Initial D (poor cgi usage at times) or Wangan Midnight which I liked over the Initial D Live-Action. Both of those last two are racing themed so I doubt there your cup of tea. As for that extra tidbit about Spike your welcome. The fighting style from which it's named is called Jeet Kune-Do which Bruce Lee founded himself back in the late 60s. It's a real shame Lee passed away at such a early age. He held some extraordinary feats which normal people like you or I could only dream of.

For long series I know the feeling. Unless your committed and actually enjoying the series it's very hard to maintain watching. I consider myself to be on the side that isn't concerned by this being nearly all caught up with Detective Conan (800+ eps), Naruto (Literally all of it), Inuyasha (all of it), Yu Yu Hakusho, Rorouni Kenshin, Monster, and of course the Dragonball Z franchise which for the love of me can't figure out why. There are just to many plot holes and rehashed material for me to enjoy DBZ any longer.

You know it's funny you brought up Trigun because I asked my younger brother what his favorite anime fight scenes were and he brought that one up. No doubt about it that fight changed Vash. Sometimes it isn't just a fight of strength. At some point down the road I'll have to include some of my favorite mental fights of using one's wits. As for rewatching the Sword of the Stranger fight again you should. As for my splendid retelling of it I blame that due to how many times I have watched it. I kid you not I must have seen this film at least 30 times if not more. For any reason it should air on the Midnight Channel that'll be a night I'll opt out unless I got nothing better to do.

Now for Akami ga Kill is it really a light & humorous note on such a dark series? For me the last person to die in the show had me livid. So so so thought they were going to make it and then only to be betrayed at the end. And where they died made it that much worse. Just the way it came full-circle to lead to that angered me beyond my own comprehension. Was praying for that one person's survival for over 20 episodes only to be cut down in the end of it all. Still remember watching with my friend TJ and thinking this isn't so bad. Heck maybe all my favorites will make it. Nope each week with the newly aired episode one of them usually died. Well enough of my heartache.

You wouldn't be the first to wish that about Esdeath & Tatsumi. I heard the manga doesn't follow the anime though I'm not sure. It's only what I have heard. Haven't read the manga myself yet. Well I'm glad my post helped and have fun using the center alignment. For whatever reason I seem to have a centralized alignment issue with doing everything. As you have likely already taken notice I center align everything I post on the forums. I just prefer it that way. If I don't center align something send help ;). And lastly I'm beyond shocked that I'm not alone in reading Ubel Blatt. Volume 8 needs to get here soon. Sadly it won't be released until March 21st :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I haven't read it in some time, but I have volumes 0-11 sitting on my shelves, I'll eventually buy the remaining volumes and finish the series.

And by eventually, I mean when I'll get a job, this summer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely, hence my telling of you not being alone. The thought lies in the back of your head, and if the series is any good, the dread of having completed said series persists, as well.
    RUNNING IN THE NINETIES.
    Funny you bring up Initial D, as it's probably the only racing anime I enjoyed. As you might imagine, I dodged that live action film, as well.. and since I have avoided watching Death Note (I know, I'm bad -- how could I ignore such a highly rated and influential series? I don't know), I haven't seen the live action film for that. As for the topic of my favorite live action adaptions of anime, Rorouni Kenshin takes the cake -- It's one of the only live action adaptations I was into.​

Way to crush my hopes and dreams.

When I was in my anime and manga 'prime', I completed hundreds of series. However, I also started and never completed hundreds of series -- I 'dropped' them, and since I refuse to not complete a series I've started, they all started to pile up. For the past three months, I've been chipping this list down smaller, and smaller. It is for this reason that I squirm at watching larger series, I've hundreds of series that I intend on watching. My disliking of large series stems from my wanting to complete that list as soon as I can -- to free myself from the shackles of watching what I have dropped, so that I may keep up with the seasons, again.

Ye, Vash falls into a stupor like no other. I will give it a check, thank you.

SPOILERS IN THE BELOW PARAGRAPH -- AKAME GA KILL --
    It is. If you're the pictured normal viewer, they did exactly what they tried for. The deaths of characters left and right builds up anxiety, the moment you notice a pattern of deaths, you can identify who might die next. Seeing the MC dying is always being denied, as it's an uncommon occurrence. But, your mind shakes the less people there are on the list. Anyhow, I entirely agree. It was unnecessary to say the least, and it only pushed Akame ga Kill to 'wannabe edgy asf' zone. Just by killing off all of your characters you're made into a dark and dank anime? Nonononono.

I project. I know I can't be with the dank females on screen, so I just pair them up with a male that's most like me ;). It's sad, I know, but it's what I do. I sure hope that that's the case. I want to give the manga a check, but am avoiding it for a reason listed to paragraphs above.

After some deliberation, I've decided to use Center Alignment sparsely. I like the look of both Left and Center alignment.
    That's unfortunate -- or is it fortunate? Eh.

Just read the damn manga.​

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    All you guys take all the ideas out of my head. But one that I think was overlooked (I say that I think, because I couldn't read all ya'll's wall-o-text posts because it hurts my brain) was the final fight between Simon and the Anti-Spirals in Gurren Lagan. Great fight. It had everything. The explosive beginning, the depressive middle because of the potential defeat, and then finally the rekindling of hope. It was fantastic.

Bleach: Full Hollow Ichigo vs Ulquiorra was dope
    Naruto: Naruto vs Sasuke (1st fight) was dope too
    Akame ga Kill : Everything is dope

13. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Ah, 'tis a task most honorable.

I didn't get to that part in Gurren Lagan. >.>

Fufufufu, how could I have forgotten? Hichigo/White's take overs were wondrous, and I truly miss them -- damn him and his character development! I wish he'd have remained weaker.

Eh, I don't remember that one.

I concur.

14. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    This is a really good question. Unfortunately, I don't have really good answer. I'll have to think about it an get back to y'all.

15. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    This post contains major spoilers for Fairy Tail and Akame ga Kill so if you haven't watched them I don't suggest clicking the spoilers.

Fairy Tail - Lucy vs Jackal (Tartaros Arc) -
    Possibly my favorite episode of any tv show ever. Very emotional and tons of character development for Lucy and relationship development between Lucy and Aquarius. The choice between summoning the Celestial Spirit King to save Fairy Tail or staying with Aquarius and not being able to save Fairy Tail would have been impossible for Lucy to make earlier in the series . When she broke Aquarius' celestial spirit key I cried almost as much as Lucy did. Then I was really proud of Lucy when she stopped crying, went Aquarius form, and finally successfully used Urano Metria to defeat Jackal. While I hate how long it took for Lucy to finally get a big victory in an arc I have to admit the payoff was insanely good. I legitimately felt proud of an anime character. Next we need to see Lucy win the final battle of a major arc.

Losing Aquarius clearly deeply hurt Lucy, which is one of the reasons I really can't wait for the next season. I want to see how much this changed Lucy and made her stronger. I think there was a big missed opportunity at the end of Fairy Tail (2014) to have Lucy kick Natsu's ass in the last episode for ditching her for a year when she was already heart broken over Aquarius (the line "did you even think of what this would do to me!!!" was perfectly delivered by Cherami Leigh in one of my favorite anime moments which they unfortunately failed to capitalize on so far), which would of established how much stronger Lucy is now and that she hasn't just been looking for Fairy Tail members in the past year but Aquarius as well, after all Aquarius is her first and arguably best friend. I think the reason they didn't go that route is they only had two episodes left and they wanted to end the season on a somewhat happy note. So hopefully eventually we'll see some moments from between Fairy Tail's disbanding and the 1 year time skip, showing Lucy desperately searching the globe for Aquarius.

Akame ga Kill - Mine vs Seryu -
    this somehow managed to top the excellent Mine & Sheele vs Seryu fight from earlier in the show. I loved pretty much all of Mine's fights but this one had the most emotion after Seryu killed Sheele. It was nice to see Mine get revenge for her friend and Seryu's over the top antics even in her death.