Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What are your character preferences?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lince, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    We all have our own little nooks and crannies that make certain characters appeal more to us than others. What are some of those nooks and crannies that you look for? It differs by gender, so i'll do one for each.

Male: I prefer male characters to be logical thinkers. I really enjoy watching male characters that can use their brain to figure things out. Some examples are Ayumu Narumi from Spiral and Light and L from Death Note. I also enjoy watching male characters that can make their own decisions and do the right [or wrong] thing without having to be guided.

Female: I guess when it comes to female characters it's all about how much they're willing to open up. I can tolerate tsunderes, but as long as they don't stay in that shell the entire fricking time. I enjoy watching female characters that are honest with themselves and others. Also, side female characters tend to appeal more to me than main female characters because I feel like if I were in an anime, I would be one of those side characters. I might also have a soft spot for a sweet voice...

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I have an overall preference with what I like when it come to characters. I have more of a preference with what I dislike though.

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    The gruff fatherly figure characters. Bonus points if they see traits of a son\daughter in the main character.

Things change though in a comedy. In that case I actually like the NON perverted main character, something which I'm starting to find harder and harder to find. A comedy is just more funny to me if the guy is put in a situation that he wouldn't normally put himself into.

As for females... anything goes!