Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Ended What Are You Thankful For? 2017

Discussion in 'Contests, Events & Activities' started by Sporadic, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    In the spirit of American Thanksgiving approaching we're doing another edition of what are you thankful for?

For this event we tag people from the forum and say why you are thankful for knowing them, what you appreciate about them, like about them or why you are thankful they are on this site. It can be simple stuff like, "I enjoy reading your posts" to "I'm thankful for all your support as a friend." Or we just say what we are thankful for in general, friends, family etc.

The holidays are the time of year to appreciate what we have and the people in our lives that we share those things with. There is no exception to why sharing that on this site is any different considering the bonds we have made here with each other.

Simply post in this thread to start. I'll post mine soon.

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm thankful for @Sporadic in keeping the original JustDubs alive, even after his life became more busier than before.
    I'm thankful for @Kiri in setting up the server so that the JustDubs community and it's websites could continue on during it's transition from Dubtopia to JustDubs Online.
    I'm thankful for @Crazy Potato during his tenure as a Web Developer, experiments with CSS, and all those images he made.
    I'm thankful for @Jaysp656 for his work in the background in the coding of different parts of the site, including making it easier for Content Managers to manage the content of the JustDubs site.
    I'm thankful for @Laximus for her tremendous work in uploading content and fixing content on the JustDubs site.
    Also, shout out to a former staff member that probably isn't even registered on these forums since her departure from Dubtopia, Bedheadred, without whom, I would not have joined the JustDubs community before it's closure and followed the community after it's resurrection.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    It's an American tradition and i'm not American, i might have said this last year too but i apoligize if i do it wrong :p I do like a tradition where you appreciate the things you have once a year. Holland lacks a thing like this.

@Sporadic for being friends for 9 years now and we still talk quite alot about things we both enjoy. And ofcourse for saving this site and forum from falling. @Ovyda for the same reason, still one of the 2 gunz friends that stuck around after the game died. I know you left this site a long time ago but i still wanted to say it. We watched some great animes together :D

@Supernatural-Knight for all the fun talks we've been having for like 4 or 5 years now. You really are one of my best friends on JD.

@Vladnyx for helping me with the elimination games and occassionally hosting them. We haven't talked in a while but i'm hoping you're doing well, mate.

Those are the people i want to thank in particular, but i also want to thank every person playing the elimination games with me. It's been in a quite critical time for a long time now and a few people are keeping it alive.
    I hope i didn't forget anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Batosai hey it worked! I’m here to say thanks for the mention. I had a thought about you today as well because I decided to finish Canaan. Talk about timing!

5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Haha i still need to finish that too. Well good to hear from you mate :)

6. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Gotta live up to my title :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Hate doing a blanket thanks buy the days of me tagging a ton of people here are done. It's not that each and everyone of you aren't important it's just that I have such little free time right now it's ridicilous. Ella and I have another baby on the way that is due in April. We're trying to move into a new place by March and we're both working a ton. My days off usually consist of running errands and just generally doing stuff I don't like. `

But I want everyone here to know that I appreciate and chrish all of you. Each person here has done tremendous amounts of work (some more than others thank you @Laximus)

• Like Like x 1
  8. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'm thankful for this forums apparent stability and I hope it progresses into the online place to be for all anime nerds out there.

Also thanks to my two other fellow ecchi club mods / brothers in arms, @Dylanar and senpai @SkeLo, you guys give this forum a friendly touch for me personally. Brothers... know that you are well appreciated.

[​IMG]

And it goes without saying thank you guys running the show for your continued work maintining the site.

(What you all look like in my mind)
    [​IMG]

#8 AngeloDaniele, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2