Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Closed We Need New Admins (Please Read)

Discussion in 'Job Postings' started by Sporadic, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    We need to fill some essential admin roles on this site. We have been unfortunate and lost some vital admin roles over the course of a year, ones we have not replaced. These roles are essential and when they are not filled it presents a burden on the rest of the admins. We end up having to pick up their work and it will eventually become too much to manage.

There is a slight problem with this situation, however. When I took over DT I gave existing members admin roles because I trusted them. People like Jay went from chat mod to web admin, Kiri went from forum moderator to server admin and Severus went from no staff role to a network admin position. But this was because we have all known each other for years and I knew their job experience. I can not willfully give out important positions to people I do not know, I'd rather take on all of that burden myself and know the community is safe from sabotage.

I am willing to reinstate our former "assistant admin" roles in an attempt to finally have these admin positions filled, because we do need it. An assistant admin will assist our current admins in certain roles around our sites. They will have limited privileges around our sites but they will still assist in the work load. Assistant admins are in every way recognized as normal staff and their work will also be accredited to them and not their staff director. After an appropriate amount of time has passed and I feel more comfortable with these people they may be promoted to one of the following fields.

Forum Admin
    Server Admin
    Network Admin
    Network Security Admin

If you are interested in any of the above fields please read the requirements below. Some people are already in the running to become assistant admins but all fields are still open for application, we just want the best person for the job.

Forum Admin
    * Experience with Xenforo administration preferred.
    * Experience using FTP
    * Configure, install, support, and maintain plugins, mods, addons and scripts

Server Admin
    * Server administration, management and development
    * Server related technical issues
    * Configure, install, support, and maintain plugins, mods, addons and scripts
    * Delegates implementation of tasks as approved by senior staff
    * Assist relevant staff in assigned duties

Network Admin
    * Network administration, management and development
    * Network related technical issues
    * Maintains network environment by identifying requirements and installing upgrades
    * Monitors network performance
    * Evaluates network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency
    * Assist relevant staff in assigned duties

Network Security Admin

* Design, configure, deploy, and maintain security infrastructure
    * Analyze problems, recommend solutions, products, and technologies to meet objectives
    * Actively protect information and infrastructure from external or internal threats
    * Implement firewall solutions to properly secure data and provide consultation
    * Assist the end-users

If one of these roles interest you send me a PM with the following

Title: Position You Are interested in
    Any experience in that field
    Any past job experience

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Samet Chan Altair-imperial

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -1
    I'll waiting for request :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    The spirit is willing, but the mind is weak.
    I wish I could, but I just don't know any of that stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Many of the requirements I fill -- however, there is a hole in each one of the roles.

Sorry, Spor.

Also, nice pun, @Core.

5. Samet Chan Altair-imperial

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -1
    It's not possible, i have to request justanimeforum, I've support this site help of server. Until january.

6. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm curious which hole it is for Forum Admin. The FTP experience or the install/updating/support of mods, addons, and scripts.

7. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    The experience -- I understand it's simple, and I could probably pick it up rather easily by playing around, but I still don't have it.

8. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

Everyone puts Experience when looking for someone but you should apply anyways....... cause that's how you would get experience .... :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zeenjayli The Breakfast Club Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    here's hoping everything goes good and I get assistant admin to prove that I can handle the load of server or network admin! look forward to seeing the new admin staff roll out and help keep this a stable, safe and fun experience for everyone!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Samet Chan Altair-imperial

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -1
    That would be awesome! ^^

I've application staff in pm @Sporadic ,

If i think can one pick network security admin or server admin, to looking for new security latest and etc more.

11. NeekoWolfie Floofy Wolfie/CM

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Im on the site all most everyday so maybe forum admin and cm would be nice but if not ill be just a cm
    if i become one that is XD

12. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I have some experience in managing forums but I don't have any experience in scripts. I'm just familiar with trashing old stuff, pushing new stuff, moderating language, etc. The regular kind of thing.