Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Watermelon flavoured Fanta!

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Nejat, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Nejat Defender of the Morgue

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The new salty Fanta has been developed to help protect drinkers from summer heatstroke.

In Japan, nothing says summer like the taste of a plump red watermelon, and here the juicy fruit is often enjoyed with a sprinkling of salt. This tantalising flavour combination is now the highlight of Coca-Cola Japan’s next drink to be released as part of its Fanta line, with the new “Watermelon + Salt” variety coming to stores across the country on 4 July.

The 490-millilitre (16.6-ounce) bottle is set to retail for 140 yen (1.30 dollars), while the larger 1.5-litre bottle will be on sale for 320 yen (3 dollars).

In a first for the popular brand, the drink combines the fruity, refreshing flavour of watermelon with 460 milligrams (0.02 ounces) of salt, in order to protect drinkers from heat stroke, which typically peaks in July and August every year. The consumption of water, salt and sugar are said to be the key components in treating heat stroke, as the body loses moisture and essential body salts through perspiration.

If you’d like to taste the salty drink before the 4 July release date, the company will be holding a special Twitter campaign on the official Fanta website from 6 June, offering a free box containing two 490-millilitre bottles of the new drink to 1,000 lucky customers.

2. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I hate watermelon flavored anything, so it sounds disgusting to me!!!

3. Nejat Defender of the Morgue

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    :eek:

I guess to each their own! I personally reckon it'd taste lovely!