Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Wanted: Group Admins And Game Masters

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by BaconMan8910, Jan 30, 2017.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

TL;DR: In order to get things moving and to effectively manage club activities, including games, we need 1 - 2 new group admins, the qualifications for which are listed below.

Please DM me if you're interested.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I originally created this club with the intent of setting aside a place on the forums for discussion of tabletop games, board games, and card games, with a focus on tabletop RPGs like D&D, while also hosting the occasional online tabletop game for JAN forum members. I still believe that this is a sound idea for a JAN club, but I've hit some snags along the way.

Since this clubs inception, it has been, largely, inactive. I've made token attempts to put together activities on the odd occasion, but have never really manged to devote the time needed to it. This is partly because I thought that I would be able to manage this club on my own. I can't. I'm constantly busy and beset by a myriad of responsibilities, as most adults are. As such, in order to get this club off the ground, I need to split the workload and creative responsibility between myself and one to two other capable individuals.

My goal is to have at least one short D&D campaign per month as well as various other games and club activities as requested by members and as possible. I want this club to be a place where forum members can come together and have fun playing club-hosted games as well as meeting other tabletop players, sharing their experiences, and setting up games of their own.

I apologize for my inadequate efforts in working to make this club worthwhile. I hope you'll stick with me while I iron out the problems and make this club an enjoyable endeavor for everyone involved.

Responsibilities:

• Moderate social forum threads and posts to ensure adherence to club rules and JAN Forum TOS.

• Create or contribute to club content, including but not limited to threads, posts, games, and other activities, on a regular basis.

• Host and serve as Game Master (GM) for club-hosted tabletop games.

• Work with other club admins to schedule and host group activities.

• Engage with club members in the social forum and Discord chats regularly.

• Promote club activities.

Qualifications:

• Experience playing and/or hosting (serving as GM for) games/campaigns of one or more versions of Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) or another tabletop RPG.

• A working knowledge of the rulesets of one or more versions of D&D. Ownership of or access to rule books is preferred.

• A working headset or microphone for voice chat.

• Ability to make time to host tabletop games for club members (these may play out over the course of more than one session and will likely last at least one hour per session (the admin (GM) in charge of any given game/campaign shall determine its length and schedule accordingly)).

• Willingness to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with club members and fellow admins.

Preferred (But Not Required):

• Experience playing multiple versions of D&D as well as other tabletop RPGs.

• Experience playing various pen and paper RPGS, board games, and card games which may translate well to online play.

• In-depth knowledge of a variety of tabletop rulesets.

• Experience playing tabletop games through online clients such as Roll20.

• An aptitude for assisting and explaining in-game concepts to new players.

• Can make toast.
    Those selected will need to set up a Discord account and a Roll20 account. You can follow the links below to do so.

Discord: https://www.discordapp.com/

Roll20: https://app.roll20.net/account/create

The new club admins will work closely with myself and each other to plan and host club activities.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for applying!

Cheers.

2. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I have a mic and can make toasts!

PB&J type of toasts, obvs.

I'm looking forward to see what the club activities are.

I'm not applying btw.

3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The best ones always slip through your fingers..

4. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  5. Mark Denn News Man

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I have a better mic set up im excited

6. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Might be kinda fun to run a 5e Lost Mines of Phandelver. I've run it a few times for friends and its a good intro for 5e. I have a ultimate license for Fantasy Grounds, so players wouldn't need to own it. I use teamspeak and a music bot for bg music. I also use the Evolve client to make a VPN to run FG in since i cant set port forwarding in my case.

I've come a little farther now than my intro post back from 2015 when i had no experience. At least i have a little now.

7. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I've GM'd Pathfinder a few times. Right now I'm GMing my first real game (as in more then two people are playing) and it seems to be going okay. As for mic and what not my mic is a garbage built in mic and my laptop is old as shit. I can possibly run a game if you need me to, just know that it'll be much slower and not as in depth as most people are probably used to.