Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Vocaloid] So...guess where I went recently.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DemonEyesJoe, Oct 27, 2014.

1. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    From october 17-19 I visited the wonderful city of new york (after a 9hr drive) and oh, what so happened to be there during that same time so ironicly??? (jk)

I WENT TO MUTHAFLIPPIN MIKUEXPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Hatsune Miku Live in concert, and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! (I even cried a little bit)

I uploaded only a few pictures here, I have them on my facebook as well, but Ill post them on my photobucket too I guess. I met soooo many wonderful people there, i best explained it in a facebook post I made, so I'll just copy that over here.

"Returning the cold normality that is my computer and apartment, my adventure has come to an end. With tears in my eyes I reflect on my adventure over the past 3 days, mostly on Saturday. Starting at the Wallplay art show, meeting and discussing the vast world of VOCALOID. Learning more and more about the endless world that encompasses it. I got stricken with wonderful luck, and thanks to the kindness exhibited by the VOCALOID community I managed to get my hands on a limited edition item that I had already given up hope on getting. Even though people were willing to paying double to obtain one, I ended up getting one for regular price.

To my travel through the wonderful city of New York. As an introvert who wishes to learn more about the extroversion world, being in close proximity with so many people and activities as I walked through the streets was wonderful.

I stopped at a local sushi restaurant and took a random empty seat next to two people who were surprisingly also going to the concert! So I had a wonderful time there. I went to the legendary Nintendo world and then off to the concert where I met even more wonderful and funny people.

We all listened to music and made jokes for about an hour as we waited for the MASSIVE line. Once inside and through some confusion, I got my way into the merchandise area where I met Rene Concepcion. So many amazing people all here for the same thing.

And then finally, the concert, I would give it a 9/10 only because I had hoped for more Modules, and some more recent songs, but there is never anything wrong with the classics! And then...."Tell Your World" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzF6uAZ8o3cbegan) to play. A song that the guy in front of me had hinted he had been waiting 2hours to see, but didnt reveal what the song was. When the song began to play and Miku changed outfits mid-song, I couldn't tell if I was sweating or crying. Even upon leaving the concert I went to a Subway for some water and (albeit, expectedly) found even MORE VOCALOID fans.

I know most people will never understand what this music means to me, and I guess that probably doesnt matter. But it's becasue of VOCALOID and Miku that I have a voice when I have none, makes the bad times felt understood, and the good times feel even better. So thank you Crypton Future Media,Sega, Hatsune Miku, everyone associated with HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2014 in New York. And thank you for the fans, the artists, the creators, the staff, and everyone, for giving me probably one of the happiest times in my entire life. It would never have been possible without the creative mind of the entire world."

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Very nice. I would have like to have gone to either, but I live too far away. Not to mention I don't have the funds to go to such events.

3. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Bro, it pleases me to see one so passionate about Vocaloid getting to have the experience of a lifetime with it.

4. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    here is all the photobucket pictures
    http://s307.photobucket.com/user/zetswaystrike/library/MIkuexpo

if you want to see the videos I took, you would have to go to my facebook page here, I am pretty sure I made it all public
    https://www.facebook.com/all.and.zero

It was a 9hr drive for me, everyone told me i wouldn't make it there. I did have some help, but I was never going to let this opportunity pass. I did get insurance on my ticket on the off chance I DIDNT make it. Like I told someone else in the comments, distance shouldn't be an obstical for anything you want to do! Money on the other hand, cant be helped.

One guy made a timelapse video of the drive from SC to NY, and someone else said they rode a train from Florida to NY

[​IMG]

#4 DemonEyesJoe, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    ill just drop by to give you the official seal

[​IMG]