Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Viz Media Licenses Boruto TV Anime, Plans Simulcast

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Viz Media announced on Thursday that it has acquired the digital, broadcast, home video, and merchandising rights for the Boruto: Naruto Next Generations television anime series. Viz plans to simulcast the series on Hulu beginning on April 5, with new episodes every Wednesday. Crunchyroll announced that it will also stream the anime this spring, though it did not reveal a premiere date.
    [​IMG]
    The series will premiere in Japan on TV Tokyo on April 5, and will feature an original story. The series features returning cast members from Naruto Shippūden and Boruto -Naruto the Movie-. Naruto Shippūden episode director Noriyuki Abe is serving as chief director, and Hiroyuki Yamashita is returning from Boruto -Naruto the Movie- to direct at Studio Pierrot. Ukyō Kodachi, author of the Boruto manga, is supervising the story. Makoto Uezu (Scum's Wish, My Bride is a Mermaid) is in charge of series composition. Tetsuya Nishio and Hirofumi Suzuki are returning to design the characters. Hideyuki Ueno (Ace of Diamond, NANA) is the art director, and Yasushi Nagura (The Future Diary, Wagnaria!!2) is the sound director.

KANA-BOON is performing the anime's opening theme song "Baton Road," and The Peggies is performing the anime's ending theme song "Dreamy Johnny."

Ukyō Kodachi and Mikie Ikemoto launched the Boruto manga in Weekly Shonen Jump on May 9, based on and as a sequel to Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto manga. Boruto's titular main character is the protagonist of the Boruto -Naruto the Movie- anime film.

Crunchyroll stream information added & Viz Media streamed English-subtitled trailers.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Of course they will simulcast it. That is all the rage these days because who wants to wait? This is a obvious choice considering how popular Naruto is, surely Boruto will get a huge amount of views just for being part of the franchise. And if it is anything like the movie it should be entertaining to watch.
    What I'm hoping for is some of those ninja gadgets to return and for Sarada to not be as important as all the trailers make you think which will be hard because she is teammates with Bolt [bloody Uchiha's]. I'm also hoping for Mitsuki to get plenty of screen time, he was pretty interesting in the movie.

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Well @Supernatural-Knight from my understanding the first portion of the series is going to be story building to allow us the viewers to gauge and understand the characters better. I feel this is a wise approach as it also adds character development which for some of these characters is desperately needed vs the limited amount we got out of the movie. ​

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Vladnyx considering the time restraints of a movie, I think they did well with the characters. However that will of course be better in a fleshed out series. So I am 100% okay with them world building for the new generation. I just don't want too much focus on any Uchihas, I always hated that family line. Knowing what they said about Bolt and what he did in the movie, this is going to be difficult to leave out.
    I just want good enjoyable antics. Bolt and Shikamaru's kid, that friendship I feel like I'd enjoy watching a lot. I've always enjoyed most of the supporting cast of Naruto so I hope this keeps up. I also wonder if Lee will ever end up with anyone?