Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Vin Diesel Offers A Fast & Furious Update

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Sep 30, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Vin Diesel Offers A Fast & Furious Update
    ''I promised the studio I would deliver one last trilogy...''
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]28 September 2015 | Written by James White | Source: Facebook

[​IMG]

Given his commitment to being Chief Facebook Marketer for any of his films – and particularly theFast & Furious franchise he sees as his baby, it was only natural that Vin Diesel would respond to a recent piece in The Hollywood Reporter about behind-the-scenes troubles in getting the eighth instalment of the series on the road.

Taking to Facebook, Diesel says that while the new film – announced by the star himself at CinemaCon this year – doesn’t yet have a confirmed director, he is working on that. “My producing partner Neal (Moritz) would love for me to just sign off on a director, but this is too special a franchise, so these matters have to be very carefully handled. To be clear, NO ONE has been offered to helm Fast 8 yet... let alone seen a script.” And he reiterates what he was saying while out promoting Fast & Furious 7, talking up a final trilogy (as kicked off by that film) to finish the run. “Universal has been so good to me and so trusting of the vision... they have been like family... I promised the studio I would deliver one last Trilogy to end the saga. I will announce the directors on my next post...” Hhm… Directors? Sounds like he and the studio might be planning a back-to-back situation to knock out two more entries. Nothing has been confirmed, of course: it could simply be a slip of the keyboard. And there’s no denying that the Fast films are such big undertakings that corralling everyone together for that long could be tough. Still, as the man himself says, there will be more news soon.

Fast & Furious 8, meanwhile, is still scheduled to drive into our cinemas on April 14, 2017.