Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Video Game Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The7thSeal, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    For Minecraft:

12v8m5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget you can pick up spilled water with the bucket...on grass!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    No mop needed!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    One thing that annoys me is games that have new game plus and still force you to do the tutorials on new game plus. I beat the game already and know how to play so there is no need to have to replay the tutorials.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Games with only one save slot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Damn Pokemon, me and my brother had fights over who got to play which game

• Like Like x 1
  7. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I actually prefer that pokemon has only one memory slot, that way legendaries remain kinda rare (unless you cheat), so they keep their unique status.

But having siblings myself, I can see how it can be an issue:
    Either way, my sister would erase all memory slots for fun, so there's really no point in having more than one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I got Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, (10+ years ago) which included the Legend of the Four-sword for multiplayer. There was a special temple in the main game that I could only enter after I had beaten the 4-sword. Problem is, none of my friends even had a GBA, let alone the same game. I did get it used, and it was just my luck that it had an already beaten profile, both single player and multiplayer. I proceeded to try beating that temple, but, as it turns out, my little sister got a hold of it and deleted it. I was never able to truly beat that game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sleipmon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I detest micro-transactions and pay to win however on the disc DLC is something that turns me off from a company.
    I hate female characters being over sexualised, feminism for the sake of feminism (like in Xenoblade male Tank tells female sniper to hold back and stay behind him and treated to rant which he agrees with... over what you wind up doing anyway). Previously strong female characters being turned into spineless doormats (Looking at Samaus Aran)
    I loath quick time events/torture, overly long or frequent cut scenes.

10. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Open world traversal. Its trending but its no longer fascinating or fun. Its gotten so bad its messing up games that should have made an easy logical leap to open world like mirrors edge.

11. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Here's one related to tutorials (which people seem to love in this thread); When the tutorial is explained by a character in the game, controls and all. As someone that likes to get immersed in a game, having a character say stuff like "use the circle button to silde!" really throws me off.
    And here's another; When text tutorials only appear for like 3 seconds then disappear, before you've even tried out the thing it's trying to teach you.

12. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Being told how to play a game by other players. God I just love that so much. Happened to me twice today when I was playing Smite. First by someone who "never played before" (I was the highest scoring player that round BTW) and then by someone who knew what they were doing, and shockingly wasn't a dick about it. I have an aggressive build meant for aggressive playing so I run into the fray a lot. Oh well, at least I haven't gotten any death threats (which I hear are a staple of MOBA's).

13. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    On console games, lack of inverted control option

I play with inverted controls all the time. Now thankfully it seems developers figured out the need to give you this option now but every once in a while...
    On topic of controls, on PC lack of remapping the buttons.

14. Wilhelm-von-HU Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    crappy horror games. I like horror games that give you a feel of dread for going forward. Most new horror games mainly is just jump scares. But the new resident evil game looks promising. Now this next one is more of online games. I hate it when I get on a team that wont work together or talk to each other. Such as in World of Warships. Its ranked season and ranked games are more competitive then random battles. So I get into a game and I ask whats the plan either no one answers or one person said A or B. then no one talks the rest of the match I say lets stick together because we can do more damage that way. that doesn't happen then we are all slowly picked off one by one.

15. Ryder Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I have a peeve against almost all frustrating gameplay. lol I'm a casual gamer. Anything that requires fast reflexes instead of practiced skills would piss me off.

But the thing I really have a gripe against would be, surprisingly, a lack of subtitles. I can't understand American accent very well, so I tend to miss out on what the characters are saying often.

16. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I speak English and need subtitles anyway!
    Sometimes it's hard to understand what people are saying, especially if it's an action game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    "Games as a service" - aka games released super early so they can sell you DLC earlier and for longer - fuck Street Fighter V

Online Only games

Digital only games

Online gaming being focused on to the point that people who only game offline like myself constantly miss out on everything.

DLC

On-Disc DLC

DLC being announced and sometimes even shown before the game even releases

When the game's ending is DLC (that means the game is incomplete and you shouldn't have been allowed to release it)

Incomplete games being released (at least half of games these days)

Games not having English dubs, especially when all prior games in the series had one (BlazBlue Central Fiction)

When developers get away with blatantly lying (for example 2K lying about not being able to get Kurt Angle for WWE 2K17 only so they could use him as a pre-order DLC for 2K18)

Games not being released in the US because their "too sexy" for today's pathetic pc/sjw crowd (DOAX3) Or being censored for the same reason.

Characters sex appeal/bodies being censored. Even worse when it's their whole character (Marvel vs Capcom Infinite - we've only seen 6 characters and Morrigan already has had her breast size reduced multiple cups, and she's a succubus. Morrigan might as well be Lillith in this game)

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite looking like a mobile game

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite removing assists and going 2 vs 2

Modern Tekken's sluggishness

When your forced to walk slowly while someone gives you information

Dark Souls 3 being influenced by Bloodborne more than Dark Souls, and being a love letter to the fans type of game

Series known for co-op and offline two player suddenly not having it (TMNT)

Lack of co-op and offline two player in gaming these days

Lack of story in story based games (Metal Gear Solid V)

certain Metal Gear Solid games lying about who you play as pre-release

Blood splatter on the screen when you get shot

Genre switches (Resident Evil 7 being first person)

Open World games

First person games

Every game needing to be downloaded

Every game needing to be patched

Every game taking up 30+GB

Japanese games trying to appeal to western audiences (fuck Final Fantasy XV)

In case you can't tell I hate modern gaming.

#37 KnowMeFrom, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  18. Bloody Gamer I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hmm gamer pet peeve well lets see some glitches are amusing like gliding or walking in mid air but my biggest pet peeve is control glitches if you move forward and it glitches and sends you like fifty feet back yes that is wrong another pet peeve that cant be helped but gets annoying as fuck I love cod zombies but when you unload a full clip or two and fucker still don't go down even on an instant kill yet they go down right after you go down grrrr or when you get a reward for a game but it don't pop up where it should or when you play online with others and just as soon as the round or mission (depending on the game) starts they bail out on you ( for cod if it the host it redirects the whole thing to have to wait for someone else and rest start) and the wait for matching players can take for ever, but the biggest pet peeve of all is when you go on online and you got really into the mission and bam you lose connection to the internet that's worst then lagging from low signal (or in some cases power goes off in the middle of it, which is just as bed if not worst cause having to reset device to even get the game to reload) and one more minor peeve is when your in the middle of a game and get kicked off cause of updates (it not too bad if updates is not every hour or so or feeling like back to back update).

19. Phazon I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Elitism in gaming, nothing worse than having a "elitist" spouting crap about how "consoles are ruining gaming" or "nintendo are failing the console wars" ect.. (by the way, if you're strictly a PC person, why do you care if PS4 & Xbox are at "war" with each other?)

People who complain about $50 PS4 games when other people have to pay twice as much.

Comparing graphics. I'm pretty sure we've passed the threshold where games have to look decent to play.

"90's kids" yeah, you know the ones. They complain about games suck nowadays and that the 90's era is perfection. They need a dose of AVGN lol.

20. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Games that ask you if you'd like to play on easy after you've died multiple times on the same section. God of War 1-3 and Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma are a-holes with this. No, I don't want to play on Easy after trying this BS room for the last 20 bloody minutes.