Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Trolls Ruining Internet

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Core, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Something mentioned in TIME.
    http://time.com/4457110/internet-trolls/

Personally, I hate having to deal with seeing these bastards in action, "trolls" in general. I made a DeviantArt account, and ended up realizing just how many of these idiots there are. Intentionally causing flame wars because they think it is funny, being annoying, etc.
    Any thoughts on these... "things"?
    It just personally came as a shock to me, after getting used to this troll-free site.

2. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Troll free huh?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Some people are fed up with being told what they can and cannot say, so they take to the internet so they can say them where there are no consequences. I'd say this is a pretty normal reaction to a steady change in the way society thinks. There will always be people who dislike the way society changes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Remind me to set you on "ignore", troll.
    [​IMG]

[JOKE]

4. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can't live with them. But you can certainly mock them. Some just turn out to be blabber mouths and full of hot air and when they get publicly humiliated on the internet, some crawl back under the bridge they came from. Then you see trolls trolling trolls, which gets to be pretty funny when the trolled trolls are complaining about trolls trolling them. lol

Seriously though, I've no sympathy for trolls. They deserve every bit of physical and emotional punishment karma/divine retribution/nature/whatever dishes out to them. I just wish there was a more permanent, legal way of severely punishing trolls for their mental instability on the internet, like whatever device they use won't connect to the internet because their DNA has been flagged so many times across so many sites.

5. Wilhelm-von-HU Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    just don't feed the trolls that's all. but what do I know I'm just some pleb from New York.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Yeah some people are real bastards huh?
    Like a coin though there is always the flip side. Some people are also awesome

Everyone else is in between so they can be either/or depending on how they feel that day

7. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i have come to get used them always calling me a weeb from youtube comments so im pretty fine with trolls. though they are rather annoying and never seem to go away when they really need to. however, i wouldnt like the internet without them. if they were gone links and pictures from 4chan posts wouldnt be as funny as they usually are. not to mention trolls have been here since the internet began truly worldwide so losing them would feel as though losing a part of the already loved net.

btw: you mentioned deviantart trolls it reminded me of someone calling me rude from correcting them on their drawing. not really on topic but it reminds me of it

8. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    This. Simple as that. Something that a lot of people on the net tend to forget. If you don't feed the trolls, they'll just starve and die.

But as for me, I've done a bit of light trolling in the past, just not enough to ignite a flamewar. I welcome trolling towards me because of how numb I've come to it.

An example of this is I always have people on the YouTube/Facebook comments called me a faggot/weeaboo/nerd/etc. and my usual response is something along the lines of "if you want to insult/offend me, you're gonna have to try a lot harder than that". And sadly, most of the people who try to "troll" me mostly just reiterate their insults with about as much creativity as drawing on a blank piece of paper with a white crayon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Colorful.

10. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I prefer goblins myself. *gets shot*

I just ignore trolls. Typing on the Internet is the only way for them to feel powerful. Don't add fuel to their lighter.

11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Trolls need food too!

Bait is available from both American political campaigns for cheap! This season is great for troll fishermen. The classic "basement dweller" six pack has returned to prominence!
    Don't forget your two for one "Nazi" and "Deplorable" kit.

Not your thing?
    Try our new "Injustice" and "Privileged" starter kit now available in all schools! Impress your friends!

*Disclaimer*

Doomguy does not condone flaming or harassing of innocent bystanders.
    Doomguy is not liable for damages done to social life or time wasted
    Doomguy is not affiliated with any troll group or troll fishermen

Please use bait responsibly
    :p

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And as I read all of that, I heard that infomercial voice over...

13. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    My Opinion on the matter of internet trolls is its not like you can stop hem so might as well ignore them.....
    just like in real life if there is someone I really dont like or who is a jerk I can't change who they are so leave them be and they will make a fool out of themselves on there own....

Trolls are trolls.
    Jerks are Jerks
    Arseholes are Arseholes

You are not going to change who they are just because you told them too, just as like I would not expect you to change who you are because I don't agree with certain aspect of your life. looking at you @Core kidding :p love ya Platonicly bud!

Its not like you are going to change who they are and that's what is wrong with today's society we try to change everyone to our own way of thinking instead of accepting people for being different and having a difference in opinion....

That's
    My 2 cents anyways

And PS if anyone is wondering I fall under the Jerk & arsehole category :)

14. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
  15. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Look at the shades! There's a Troll face being reflected.

16. Ryder Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Maybe I'm a cynic... okay, I'm a cynic, and a pessimist. But here's the thing, as long as there's no law or regulation against someone being an asshole, trolls will always exist. Hackers are easier to deal with because it's against the law, and they can be charged in a court of law, but trolls will always fester like the infectious disease they are.

It's an unfortunate nature of humanity, in my opinion. There's a very fine line between being honest and being deluded that your opinion is factual. A lot of people tread down the latter path, and I can't honestly blame them since I've personally committed the mistake plenty of times. People are going to be opinionated and flame people for their egoistical ideas, thus starting a flame war based on their own selfish agendas. But that's pretty much people in summary, and there's no stopping this aspect of people. Mob mentality wins, and it's always gonna win. Unless you alter our DNA or our mentality, people are always gonna argue about some crap, and ignite some flame war.

Now, I get that there are the actual "trolls" out there that aren't just opinionated, and are trolling just "for the lulz". Those are the kind of trolls I have no pity for because it's pretty pathetic, what they're doing. I think they are indeed bringing down the Internet, forcing official parties to enforce stricter rules upon the freedom of speech on the Internet, causing idiotic censorship regulations like that "YouTube Heroes". And if it's not bad enough, there are trolls, and there are troll hackers who have the power to spread fear "for the lulz".

That being said, I think they're as unstoppable as the first example I mentioned. Have you seen how many prank videos there are on YouTube? Trolls are like those childish pranksters with nothing better to do, and those kinds of people have been prevalent since the dawn of humanity. I guess the best thing we could do is to merely encourage people to get a life, do something more productive with our lives, yada yada yada, all those new-age feel-good motivational stuff.

But in honesty, personally, I have mixed feelings about these trolls. On one hand, I find them incredibly annoying, as they derail what could have been a civic discussion. On the other hand, they are the assholes inside all of us. They're part of us. People. And that's both scary and kinda flattering.

And no, I'm not naive enough to believe that anyone on this Earth can be a saint.

17. Wilhelm-von-HU Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Im all for shitpostting but posting someones dox is fucked up. I dont see a huge problem with trolling then again I stop caring a long time ago. What I do have a problem is people "trolling" someone because they think they are better then the person they are "trolling" but it turns out they are just as fucked as the person they are trolling. if you need examples let me know.

18. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Saying that "trolls are ruining the internet" is a stupid argument. There is a difference between trolling someone and doxxing/harassing someone. Someone saying "lol that thing u liek sux and u sux" is fine, but when it turns into a constant barrage from the same person, and it get's more and more personal, it has turned from trolling to bullying. And when doxxing is thrown into the mix, it turns into a crime. The act of trolling is not a crime, or even bad really. It's when people take it too far when it because a problem and is no longer trolling.