Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Tokyo Ghoul Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Natsu, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.
    Since this is the first time there's actually 2 anime instead of 1, I'll go ahead and open the discussion for the horror mystery anime Tokyo Ghoul, shouldn't take long to discuss since most of you already watched the anime so, I'll open the next thread on the 3rd day of Christmas, meaning around December 3rd but for now, enjoy discussing

@BaconMan8910
    @Batosai
    @BK-201
    @Blazer
    @Crazy Potato
    @Delta
    @Doomguy
    @Eclipse
    @IssyBee
    @Heizengard
    @Jaysp656
    @Lince
    @Metazoxan
    @Natsuru-san
    @Noobs
    @obdriver6
    @OtakuSenseiHig
    @Ovyda
    @RodRule
    @ShadowLinks
    @Sir-Maddy
    @Sporadic
    @Supernatural-Knight
    @Vishal09x
    @Insert-Name-Here

2. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    First of some general thoughts. Don't want to go into to much unless anyone else is gonna join in on the discussion, because it will become one long ass post.

First off I enjoyed this anime and once I finally watched it I couldn't stop. Watched one through ten in one sitting then the last four in another. Watched the first six uncensored, which I will probably have to watch the other six uncensored when they come out. Overall most of the character where for the most part enjoyable. Like Banjou he was fun to watch. Though there are still a lot of questions that I want answers to like, who dropped the beams on Rize(actually now that I am thinking about it didn't they say who?) Then you have all the fighting at the end of season one that I really want to see the conclusions to. The op/end where cool to, usually if I am marathoning an anime like I did I will skip the op/end and only watch them every couple of episodes but with this I watched them for almost all the eps. That's all for now. Can't wait for season two, I'm gonna have to read the damn manga now :D

3. Eclipse Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    THERE'S UNCENSORED?! Well, maybe I will revisit it. For me, it had more of a cheese appeal than anything. I enjoyed some of the characters and definitely the action scenes, or what I could see of them, but that was about it. I will say that the last two episodes were genuinely good, though. I dig psychological stuff. It was also nice to hear Kana Hanazawa outside of the normal role I saw her in, however brief. I was more intrigued by the concept than the show, in the end. Cool idea of the inner struggle that wasn't overplayed, but I didn't see enough on how he could use that as a strength until close to the end. Potential with not enough payoff in my opinion. If there's a second series I'll watch it because of the last episodes, but I didn't like it all that much as a whole.

4. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Lets see what can I say about his anime. I really thought I was going to enjoy it but that wasn't the case. I found it really hard to get into it at the beginning since the MC was completely USELESS. I get his struggle to not kill or eat human but come on, you either accept it and live or don't and die. Through out the series he kept fighting his ghoul side and it got old fast. The action scenes were pretty good but I could not stand all the censorship. The story seemed to be allover the place. At time I didn't know if the story was more focus on the MC or the ghoul's struggle to survive against the humans. It wasn't until the end that it got very interesting with the MC's back story and inner thoughts, along with his transformation. It left a lot of unanswered questions so I hope the second season answers them.

5. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Even though I did enjoy it. I can say it did have it's meh moments. I do agree that the MC was pretty useless in the beginning. @obdriver6 I agree with you on the censoring, after watching the first six uncensored then watching the last six censored I found that it the fights maybe better in the later half uncensored.

6. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I know, thats where all the epic fights took place. BTW, where did you watch the uncensored version?

7. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Yeah they where some good fights but I can't help wonder how much got pulled for censoring. I'll send you the link to where in a PM.

8. marshal tucker Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    when is the next installment coming

9. Sammy Madison Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed this anime.... Out of all the animes with undead creatures that I had seen or heard abt... Kaneki is half ghoul which made the story new... and exciting.... It was new experiences in his life... and new cravings.... I wasnt fond of the conasore...(the ghoul who wanted to taste Kaneki's blood) It was tough for me to watch the abuse Jason put him thru...

I am not really fond of horror or blood and gore.... but it was still enjoyable.... I would recommend this anime to people who are looking for a series to watch...