Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Toaru Majutsu no Index/A Certain Magical Index

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by ThatRandomGinger, Jan 23, 2014.

1. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    This is for people who want to, have read or are going to read Toaru Majutsu no Index/A Certain Magical Index

2. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Should probably write s story synopsis for those who haven't heard of the novel. I'll list the one given by the place where i read the novels online and i'll do my onw

Site Synopsis: Toaru Majutsu no Index is set in Academy City; a technologically advanced academic city located in western Tokyo which studies scientifically enhanced superhuman students known as espers who develop powers. However, within this world of scientifically developed superpowers exists an underground world of magic and occult connected to the religious institutions of the world. Kamijou Touma, an unlucky boy who happens to be one of the many students within Academy City, possesses a mysterious power in his right hand known as the 'Imagine Breaker'; an ability which allows him to negate all forms of supernatural powers, whether they are magical or psychic. One day, he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing named Index. She is a nun from Necessarius, a secret magic branch of the Anglican Church, and her mind has been implanted with the Index Librorum Prohibitorum: 103,000 original grimoires that the Church has removed from circulation. Their encounter leads him to meet others from the secretive worlds of science and magic. Kamijou Touma's unusual power places him at the center of conflicts related to both science-based espers in Academy City and magicians. As Kamijou Touma tries to help and protect his friends, he learns that the people he knows are not as they appear and begins to attract the attention of magicians and espers alike as they try to unravel the secrets of Academy City and Index.

My Synopsis: Academy City, The epicenter of all things science and leader of world in technological break throughs, has started researching enhanced superhumans called espers who develop powers but going through Academy City's programs. Our main protagonist Touma Kamijou is a rather unfortunate student in Academy City, he always must deal with some form of "misfortune". One of the greatest of these is the fact that he is a level 0, or shows no esper powers at all. Despite this fact Touma does have a strange ability to negate all other superpowers but only with his right hand. And so our story follows the life of Touma from a certain point, this point being the day he meets Index, a nun claiming to be chased my magicians. Touma, dismissing the fact that magic exist doesn't believe Index. He soon finds out Index was telling the truth and is quickly thrown into a world where science and magic collide

3. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Just finished Volume 9 of the New Testament part of the series and i have to say WOW, Didn't see that coming AT ALL. I was wondering what tricks the author was going to pull out of his hat to extend the series, seeing as the main antagonist was about to be beat. I got to say well played good sir, you have post-poned my question of whats next until the next volume

Also just though i would share the cover of the new volume for fun

[​IMG]

4. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I thought this may interest some of you:

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/04/21/yen-press-licenses-a-certain-magical-index-light-novel-series/?utm_medium=FacebookBlog&utm_campaign=IndustryNews&utm_source=IndexSOCIALMEDIA&utm_nooverride=1

5. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Okay so as Negi posted Index or at-lest the first part of the Index novels has been Licensed for a true english release ( nothing wrong with fan translations). BT will be removing each volume one by one in the order they are released but are keeping the second part up until that gets licensed as well. Also Volume 10 of new testament came out and was really good and ends what is now known as the Magic God Othinus arc.