Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Midnight Channel - 5/26/18 - Voting (closed)

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by BennyDragonheart, May 22, 2018.

1. BennyDragonheart Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, we've received all of your nominations for what to show this Saturday, so now it is of course time to vote on the five chosen anime.

Due to technical difficulties, we cannot offer a poll using the forum's own system at present, so I quickly set up a strawpoll - vote via the Strawpoll link directly below;

https://www.strawpoll.me/15750524

[Updated with MAL links, as well as pictures within the spoiler tags, sorry for delay on that.]

"Blade of the Phantom Master"
    [​IMG]
    After wandering through the desert for days, a bitter warrior named Munsu is lost and unable to continue. His life is unexpectedly saved by Mon-ryon, a young man who dreams of becoming a secret agent for Jushin, a once-great country that was recently destroyed. Mon-ryon's goal is to save his girlfriend, Chunhyan, a born fighter who is held captive by the evil Lord Byonand. Then, from out of nowhere, blood begins trickling from his chest. He has been fatally wounded by the Sarinjas, a cannibalistic breed of desert goblin. The quick-thinking Munsu convinces these beasts to spare his life, in exchange for the peaceful handover of Mon-ryon's appetizing corpse. Although skeptical of Mon-ryon's motives, Munsu sets out to continue the mission that the young idealist described. Accompanied by an army of ghost troops, unleashed using the powers of Angyo Onshi, Munsu liberates Chunhyan. After visiting her boyfriend's final resting place, she declares herself Munsu's bodyguard and, together, they set out on a mission to punish those who stripped Jushin of its original glory.

"Spirited Away"
    [​IMG]
    Stubborn, spoiled, and naïve, 10-year-old Chihiro Ogino is less than pleased when she and her parents discover an abandoned amusement park on the way to their new house. Cautiously venturing inside, she realizes that there is more to this place than meets the eye, as strange things begin to happen once dusk falls. Ghostly apparitions and food that turns her parents into pigs are just the start—Chihiro has unwittingly crossed over into the spirit world. Now trapped, she must summon the courage to live and work amongst spirits, with the help of the enigmatic Haku and the cast of unique characters she meets along the way.

Vivid and intriguing, Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi tells the story of Chihiro's journey through an unfamiliar world as she strives to save her parents and return home.

"Pokémon 4EVER: Celebi - Voice of the Forest" + Maybe its short "Pikachu's PikaBoo"
    [​IMG]
    40 years ago, a Celebi was being attacked by a Pokemon Hunter. Luckily, a young boy named Sammy saved Celebi. Using its Time Traveling power, Celebi transported himself and Sammy 40 years into the future. There, Ash, Misty, and Brock assist Sammy to the healing lake in the forest so they can heal the wounded Celebi. Unfortunately an evil Team Rocket member, Viscious a.k.a. "The Iron Masked Marauder", tries to capture Celebi using his technology. As Ash and Co. try to get away from Viscious, they also run into Jessie, James, and Meowth, who also want to capture Celebi. Soon it becomes a race against time to get Celebi and Sammy back to the forest before Celebi is caught and is used to destroy the forest and themselves.

Pikachu's Pikaboo: Pikachu and the other pokemon play a game of hide and seek.

"Wolf Children"
    [​IMG]
    Hana, a hard-working college student, falls in love with a mysterious man who attends one of her classes though he is not an actual student. As it turns out, he is not truly human either. On a full moon night, he transforms, revealing that he is the last werewolf alive. Despite this, Hana's love remains strong, and the two ultimately decide to start a family.

Hana gives birth to two healthy children—Ame, born during rainfall, and Yuki, born during snowfall—both possessing the ability to turn into wolves, a trait inherited from their father. All too soon, however, the sudden death of her lover devastates Hana's life, leaving her to raise a peculiar family completely on her own. The stress of raising her wild-natured children in a densely populated city, all while keeping their identity a secret, culminates in a decision to move to the countryside, where she hopes Ame and Yuki can live a life free from the judgments of society. Wolf Children is the heartwarming story about the challenges of being a single mother in an unforgiving modern world.

"Patema Inverted"
    [​IMG]
    Patema lives in an underground world of tunnels, the long-abandoned ruins of a giant industrial complex. Though she is a princess, she is held back by the rules imposed by the elders of her clan. One day when she is exploring in a forbidden zone, she is startled by a strange bat-like creature and tumbles headlong into a void - and out into the wide open world above the surface, a place with reversed physics, where if she let go she would "fall up" into the sky and be lost forever. Age is a student on this surface world, a totalitarian society whose compliant population has been brainwashed against the "sinners who fell into the sky." When he spies Patema hanging upside-down from a tree, he pulls her down to safety, struggling with all his might to keep her earthbound as she grips on to him for dear life. Together their weights cancel each other out, and once they master the art of navigating competing gravitational forces, they set out to evade the leaders of Age's world and discover the secret that keeps their worlds apart.

"The livestream will take place Saturday May 26th at 3:00PM PST on http://original.livestream.com/the_midnightchannel and will immediately carry over into our monthly community call at its completion (5:00PM PST). The chat will take place in Discord and not Skype."

I look forward to watching and chatting with you guys for the first time in ages!

Good luck with your pick,
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

#1 BennyDragonheart, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ZydenDiabolic Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I've seen 3/5. I'd like to see BotPM, because I've yet to. However, you can't go wrong with Spirited Away. Not the biggest Wolf Children Fan. Haven't seen that Pokemon Movie, but they can be pretty cheesy and far too child oriented. I'm only somewhat interested based off nostalgia. Well, time to cast my vote.

3. ZydenDiabolic Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Meh... the two I didn't really want to see again are winning.
    Oh well, I'll be there either way. All seemed like good picks. Though, I'm hugely disappointed that Princess Mononoke or Summer Wars wasn't an option. ;(

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Good ol Summer Wars was the very first movie we watched here. Would be nice to watch it again soon.

5. BennyDragonheart Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Don't think I've seen that one. ^^;

6. BennyDragonheart Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    To be honest they are all good films, compared to some of the stuff we've watched in the past, but I have seen SA farrrr too many times. :D

7. ZydenDiabolic Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Haven't seen Summer Wars?! Wowz. It's a must see for any anime fan, really.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I don't think i've seen it either. I think i joined TMC at the 2nd or 3rd movie we did. It was King of Thorn.

• Like Like x 1