Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Fixed Time Offset

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Kiri, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    As @Whitefang19 mentioned to me, the time for some post/thread was off. I have fixed this, however due to the incorrect time being set in the future, this is causing one kinda-not-so-small issue. If you go to a tread that's latest post is "in the future" you will get an error message. For the time being, the only option I've been presented from XenForo staff is to wait out the 6 hours (give or take) the offset is.

Please note, new thread and post that are "older" that the current time are unaffected. Sorry I don't have a better solution at this time, but I'll keep looking.

Edit: I may have to give something special to those few "time travelers".

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, one fix I can think of is database manipulation by altering the timestamps, assuming they're not being stored in the UNIX timestamp format of course. Otherwise, you could try using "Epoch Unix Time Stamp Converter" (here) to get a not-in-the-future timestamp. I just found out about the converter a few minutes ago, so it should make it a lot less painful. lol If nothing else, it's at least an alternative solution in case something like that happens again.

3. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Wait there are messages on this Forum from the future?

Kind of like Mirai Nikki but instead of cell phones its forum posts :p intriguing :)

I smell an Idea for a new Anime theme!! Mouahahahahahahah

4. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Last I checked, I was on set

5. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    This occurred/noticed yesterday. I posted in the server switch thread of the time stamps of some posts that I was seeing when I was logged in (I know when you are not logged in you will see a different time stamp) and my time zone was correct but the posts in the screenshots were posted a few hours earlier but instead of being before my current time they were hours ahead and screenshots showed the time stamp that I was seeing when I was logged in and my current time.

When I first saw the posts that said they were posted hours later instead of before it had me confused since I was logged in at the time I noticed it and took a screen shot. That is why I mentioned the time stamps because it had me confused and since I didn't see anyone else mention it so I thought it might have been only been happening to me.

I used one of your posts as an example of the time of some posts being off.

6. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.