Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Time: Infinite Stratos

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Timekeeper, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Okay, I'll be honest with you people here: when I first looked at this anime, I actually had very high hopes because a lot of people on the JustDubs forums, now and in the past, have been talking about this and how it's something so great that nothing in existence can compare. For me, I didn't really get that experience. Rather, I sort of got the opposite. So, I suppose I'll start the review now. Here we go: Infinite Stratos.

=============================================================

Story:

As I said beforehand, I came into Infinite Stratos completely blind without even the slightest of knowledge of what in God's name I was even about to watch. The story seems to be some sort of cross, in my opinion, between a late Gundam series and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS. However, I think the story of Infinite Stratos is probably its biggest flaw. Mainly because it seems to jump from one tangent to another, asking a whole bunch of questions, and then never answering the questions it asked. But I suppose there are some redeeming qualities to Infinite Stratos right? Uh...yes and no.

Characters:

The characters of the show are a bit diverse, each having their own unique personalities. You have the tsundere, the I-think-I'm-classy foreigner, the brat, and the no-nonsensical type. However, the show does include the "harem" and "comedy" genres in its grouping, so naturally all the lead females have one single goal in common: they want to find some way to get into the male lead's pants. Something that makes me constantly slam my laptop closed and walk away from the series for 40 days and nights.

Audio:

In terms of music, there really isn't much to say about it. There isn't really an extremely noteworthy track that I will remember for years or anything that will make me say "oh yeah. I remember that! That's from Infinite Stratos!" In terms of voice acting, however, most of the actors of the dub seem to perform their roles rather well. The only two qualms I have about the dub is that I think Houki's voice actress could have been better cast than Monica Rial (just for future reference, I do not dislike Monica, but I didn't think she fit well with the character) and that Shannon Emerick's faux French accent as Charlotte could have been done much better. However, on the plus side, I did greatly appreciate Tiffany Grant's (faux?) German accent of Laura.

Art:

Like the music of this show, the art and animation aren't really much to speak of. There isn't much attention to detail in terms of background or character detail, but I did appreciate the equal meshing of 2D and 3D animation during the fighting sequences with the IS models.

Verdict:

To be honest, my expectations of this show were kind of crushed like a fat guy sitting on a bag of potato chips. I wouldn't really recommend this to people who are fans of the mecha genre, but I might give a small recommendation to those who would like a cheap laugh from the fanservice scenes in this anime. There is a second season and some OVAs that may answer my unanswered questions from the first season, but to be honest, I'm not really gonna bother unless I'm beyond bored, drunk, or if someone begs me to watch it.

=============================================================

If you'd like me to review a show, go ahead and comment down below and I'll see what I can do so long as it's not an extremely bulky series (Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, One Piece, etc.) ^_^

2. Darkxflamexd Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    i hope a season 3 come out

3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    While I would like there to be a 3rd season, the story will really need to pick it up. It seemed like the 2nd season was mostly filler episodes, which would be no problem, if it were a 50+ episode series. I think the entirety of the 2nd seasons's plot could be compressed into 1.5 to 2 episodes.

4. Darkxflamexd Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I see what u mean

5. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    As I said in the OP, I don't think I'll even bother to continue this series. It seemed like a bigger disappointment than my research papers. And that's saying a lot

6. Darkxflamexd Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    There are some things was left out and i need to know if the boy get the girls or be alone

7. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Ehh, I can think of worse ways to kill time. At least it's entertaining to a degree. In a few of the episodes, there's a feeling of sameness, like I've seen the same subject in another episode. Maybe a season three might justify me watching it again.

8. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't mind a 3rd season IF they answered some of the questions in S1 (and whatever was left unanswered in S2). But the way I've seen it so far, it seems they're more keen on asking questions and then never ever answering them

9. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    True. The writers need to clear up some issues.