Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Tilda Swinton Confirms Role In Doctor Strange

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Jul 15, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Tilda Swinton Confirms Role In Doctor Strange
    She's officially The Ancient One
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]15 July 2015 | Written by Owen Williams | Source: Screen Crush

[​IMG]

Back at the end of May the rumour mill started grinding the story that Tilda Swinton was in talks to star in Marvel's mystical Doctor Strange. Now Swinton herself has updated her status. "We're so far in talks we're not talking anymore," she told Screen Crush. "It's done!"

Scott Derrickson is directing the film, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch as sorceror supreme Steven Strange. Swinton will play The Ancient One: the healer in the Himalayas (in the comics) who teaches the down-on-his-luck Strange to tap into his psychic and magical powers. He uses the knowledge to take on other bad'uns like evil fellow disciple Baron Mordo.

"The idea of playing The Ancient One is really just too tickling," Swinton laughs. "I can’t say no to that! I just really liked the premise of this and the idea of playing this character. I’m a Marvel fan and I think this particular world that Doctor Strange goes into is really, really, really exciting. I’m really interested as both an actor and a fan to see what’s done in this particular world. It’s all about creativity. It’s not about everything exploding at the end. It’s about something very different."

The actress also confirms that - par for the course in the MCU - she's signed up for an unspecified number of further Marvel films, but doesn't yet know when she'll be showing up again. "It's like holding onto the tail of a galloping horse at this point."

The cameras on Doctor Strange are set to start rolling this November in the UK, and the film will be out here on October 28, 2016 before heading to the US on November 4. Swinton will next be on our screens in Judd Apatow’s Trainwreck, which is out on August 14. She’s also part of the cast for the Coens’ Hail, Caesar!, due on February 26 next year.