Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Three Way First Round Matches (suggestion)

Discussion in 'Elimination Games' started by Batosai, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Since we currently have 26 nominees in the April game, it's still possible to reach 32 noms but i'm not going to ask for 4th nominees, sorry. In the case we do not reach 32, the game would be played with only 16 characters which would be kinda a bummer for the 10 noms that were nominated but will not play. My idea was to do the first round with 3 characters facing eachother. You vote for one character like usual, and either 1 or 2 characters can move on. In the case of 1 character moving on there will be 8 remaining after the first round, if it's 2 moving on there will be 16 characters left. This has never been done before in our elimination games and i have no idea how it will turn out and if it'll be fun. I hope i can get some feedback on this and if you think it's a fun idea, should we let 1 or 2 characters move on?

2. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Forgot to say, might be obvious, in total there will be 24 characters participating so there will still be 2(as of now) characters thrown away that were nominated(#25 and #26).

3. SkeLo Trophy Hunter Content Manager

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a plan, only one way to find out

4. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    could work but looks complicated. im still up for the usual daily paring of fights. we just fight and get the finalist at the last day possible.

5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    How would that work exactly?

6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    upload_2018-3-30_15-4-41.png

what i had in mind is just simple bracket with skipped days on those in red. if we manage to only get 28 we only get 1 round skipped and if 26 we get 2 skipped rounds. whoever is the lucky pair at the bottom bracket gets a pass straight to quarter finals when they win the first round.

ill just go along to what gets implemented. we (at least i am) will get fun of doing this

7. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    This might be the best way to do it since we can use all characters. I'm not a big fan of one character having the advantage of skipping a round but i don't like ''disqualifying'' characters either. Let's go with this.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    We currently have 27 characters though. That would be a complete mess, one character would advace to the quarter finals by doing nothing. 28 is a better fit.

9. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    you and me both. it feels of to just let a character go straight to quarter finals. i just think of it as divine intervention to whoever gets to have that position just to calm my nerves. xD