Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

This election is a complete joke.

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Heizengard, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  2. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    "I gotta pee."

3. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    "Should've voted for Rika and I"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Rika2020.

Make waifus great again.

5. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Wait, what?

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Well by then would be legal age so...

Wait what am I doing :eek:

7. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I'm now confused... Haha!

8. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I have a while until it's screwed up.

9. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Is it bad that I understood all of that?

10. Ryder Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Trump gets major butthurt! LOLZ

11. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    "The Theater must always be a safe and special place."

Is that Donny advocating for a safe space?

Donald Trump an SJW confirmed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, that's not very accurate. Even the news didn't even miss what the actual cause of Trump's tweet was about.
    There was booing at the Hamilton show, now whether it was actually the cast or some whackjob audience members with a chip on their self-important shoulders wasn't clear. Trump's response however was towards the booing and directed it towards the cast with his tweet as being the responsible party. Come on, if people are going to hate the guy, they can at least be accurate about it.

13. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Whether the audience has a chip on their shoulder or not, I don't see the relevant distinction. Pence isn't entitled to not be offended. Trump voters claim they support free speech and hate safe spaces. Now's their chance to show their principles if they truly value them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pence wasn't even offended. However, people against the Trump win do have chips on their shoulders and they're typically self-entitled brats that didn't even bother registering to vote. The rest of them are pissy because their candidate didn't win. It's by no means a reason for them to boo someone just for showing up to enjoy a show. That's like you going to watch Hamilton and some person starts booing at you just because you're there. All you did was show up to enjoy a show. You didn't offend anyone, you didn't make snide remarks.

I'm not saying you cant criticize the policies, but come on. If you're going to a theater to watch a show just to enjoy the arts, no body needs to make a political show of it. When you're out campaigning or participating in political speeches, then that's the best place for political disagreements.

15. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
  16. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    This is true. Then again I'm also not endorsed by white supremacists and in favor of anti-immigrant policies. Perhaps if I was and held any kind of power or influence I would expect to receive this kind of response. That I may not have said anything directly to elicit a negative response from someone doesn't mean that I haven't caused indirect harm at some point through my own actions.

Imagine for example if Hillary won the election and sat in the audience that day. Then an audience member, who happened to be someone who lost their home to unfair foreclosure during the economic collapse of 2008, decided to boo Hillary for taking large campaign contributions from and giving cozy speeches for Wall Street. Now sure, Hillary didn't personally take this person's house, but she is backed by the people responsible for it, and certainly doesn't have any intention of doing anything to correct it. Should they still save their anger for another time? Perhaps so, but the anger is understandable regardless.

Now consider an immigrant sitting in the audience, one of which had a close relative that got deported.
    So to be clear: You are in favor of theaters being safe spaces, and if the audience was booing Hillary instead, you would be calling them self-entitled brats that should save their grievances for the campaign trail?

On a side note: Props to Pence regardless for handling this situation far more amicably than his running mate.

#56 minisiets, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  17. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am in favor of theaters being simply theaters and for shows to be simply shows. Regardless of what people have done directly or indirectly, people need to make their grievances privately, in a letter, in a blog (or vlog for those who do video discussions/logs), or at an appropriate event (such as a forum or convention for which to discuss politics, politicians and/or candidates, organized protests who were permitted to occupy a public space to address grievances) or if the grievance is politically motivated, at political campaigns. Some people would like to just relax and enjoy a show without some jackass ruining it with a political sideshow where it doesn't belong. And yes, anyone disrupting the environment that's not appropriate for it just for stupid political disagreements are self-entitled brats, this would include those who would support Trump and lost to Hillary and start booing at her just for her stepping in and wanting to watch a show.

This election has revealed a whole lot more snowflakes that think they are more important than everyone else and will do anything, including criminal activity, to get their own way and the irony in this is that most (I'd estimate about 90%) of that is coming from the Clinton camp, illegals and/or unregistered voters who didn't bother registering in the first place. Most Bernie supporters who have made themselves known have acted more mature than anyone else affiliated with the Democratic party. Very few Trump supporters are out committing crimes, which were more likely criminals before Trump's campaign even started. You don't hear about independents/alt-party (non-Democrat and non-Republican) affiliated people throwing temper tantrums like brats, going so far as to disrupt an otherwise peaceful environment.

18. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    The extreme conjecture and inaccuracy of this post is painful.

I want to show you examples and evidence of Trump supporters committing hate crimes in the wake of his electoral victory, but I just can't be asked.

I genuinely want to argue against you and provide facts and empirical evidence to prove my point, but after this election, it just doesn't feel like it matters. 2016 has made me feel, more than any other year, that facts really don't matter. FreedomEagle.Jesus.Facebook.com has proven to be just as reliable a source as peer reviewed journals, experiments, and statistical data in many people's minds. Studies have suggested that most Americans don't even know how to identify a credible source. How do you argue against people and ideas that exist in their own fabricated reality? (I'm not suggesting this, necessarily, applies to you. I'm just speaking generally). It just feels hopeless.

19. Wilhelm-von-HU Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    If there is one thing we all learned about this election you in fact can meme someone into office.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wilhelm-von-HU Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    yeah Pence did handle it well. Unlike Trump.

Well that my shitty two cents in the end these people aren't gods they aren't better then us. I think people forget that time to time.