Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

This election is a complete joke.

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Heizengard, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    This election cycle has to be the worst one in recent history. Both of the people running are complete and total jokes, it’s seriously like a bad dream. I can’t be the only one who feels this way, right? Every turn, there is something new that happens that just pisses me off to no end. One of the worst things about this election is the blatant media bias.

It’s complete and total BS. Yes, there has always been media bias, but let me explain why and how it’s worse this time. Last election cycle, from what I can remember, the local news covered both Obama and Romney an even amount. Covered both of their good things, along with their controversies. Fast forward to 2016, and all it is now is “Today Donald Trump ate the head off of a baby in public today.” While Clinton did the same thing, except she ate two of them.

I don’t even like Donald Trump in the first place, and this media BS is making me want to defend the guy! It’s not only the news that’s doing this too. Places like r/Politics are no longer accepting WikiLeaks as a reputable source. Why? Because of their recent leaks dealing with the Clinton campaign. Their most recent leak shows that CNN, the news team that hosted the most recent debate, had given her team the debate questions ahead of time.

Places like Twitter aren’t allowing this kind of talk either. Some people have reported getting shadow banned for sharing some of WikiLeaks articles. Yes, you could say that it’s because it’s a whistleblower site, BUT, Twitter still allows ISIS and ISIS supporters on its platform. And don’t even get me started on the media’s reaction, or lack thereof, on the DNC leaks. You know those leaks that showed how the DNC sabotaged Bernie Sanders chance at being the one to run against Trump in the primary? Who it sure is great that the media didn’t cover that, but Trump throwing a hotdog on the ground and saying “You know I never really like America”? THAT is headline news worthy!

Now then, Trump is just as bad as Clinton (let’s not forget about that hotdog). He’s had his share of controversies and problems, but, and this is the kicker, the media needs to cover both. A good example of this is Trumps most recent controversy.

I heard on the news yesterday that a couple women claimed that he touched them inappropriately. Now yes, that is news worthy, especially since he is running for president, BUT, the news never, NEVER, covered how during this election four women claimed that Bill Clinton tried to rape them, or touched them inappropriately and that Hillary either threatened some of them or tried to pay them off. I think the whole Bill and Trump thing is complete BS, but still. Why would the media not cover both stories?

It could just be that the news station I watch hasn’t covered this story, and that other news stations have, but it’s still damning. I don’t know, maybe I’m just in too deep with politics as of right now and need a break, but still. I think a Sargon of Akkad (the youtuber not the person) put it best. “2016’s election cycle is the meme election.” Just the amount of untruths and intellectual dishonesty from both sides is just completely sickening. It should be Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders running, not these two clowns.

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I lost hope on this and America when I realized so much people can actually root for Clinton. The media just wants views and money.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're not wrong in mainstream media news coverage favoring Clinton and completely pissing on Trump. It's even gotten so bad that CNN is being called the Clinton News Network, not because they cover news about Clinton, because they literally refuse to cover anything damning about Clinton, even going so far as to claim that reading the emails is a crime, but that the media is the exception to the rule (and above the law) and basically implying "you have to trust us."

It's also amazing just how brainwashed George Takei and many of his Democrat kind are. They won't dare admit ANY faults about their Clinton, but boy if you aren't with them, then their rabid brainwashed fans immediately attack you for thinking different from them. They've become nothing more than Clinton puppets. I'm proud of any Democrat detractors that are changing parties for this election, whether it be for Republican or 3rd party.

Contrary to Democrat puppet belief: There are women voting for Trump, African-Americans voting for Trump, and Latinos voting for Trump.

It says a lot about a party when they sabotage their own candidates in favor of a lying, oath-breaking, rapist-enabler, and career politician as their candidate. It says a lot about a party that goes to an opponent's rally and tries to incite violence, just to score some extra votes. If I had my way, I'd probably be a Lelouch. I just don't have the confidence in this years election doing anything to fix this broken country.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryder Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    There really needs to be a third party voting system. Two candidates just aren't enough. One of them's being compared to Hitler (which is ridiculous - since let's face it, nobody could top Hitler), and the other's claimed to be married to a rapist. What the heck, America? lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    We're almost there, just hang in there. One day you'll look back at this point in history and will remember that you were a part of the most important election in U.S history since Lincoln.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kang.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    History has a tendency to repeat itself.. Although I understand your point, it is, indeed, generally hyperbolic to compare anyone to Hitler or the Nazis. Still, we mustn't forget that it can happen again, and it can happen in the United States.

Honestly, I've been avoiding HoE because it seems like all that we want to talk about is the U.S. election. And who can blame us? This is easily the most divisive and controversial American election in recent history. The United States is an immensely powerful nation, what we do here shapes the world in ways that many of us don't expect and don't like to think about.

There's so much misinformation and mudslinging going on that I simply don't have the patience or the time to help anyone else sort through it, it's enough of a task to stay on top on credible information for myself, considering that one or both camps bring up another controversy every single day.

On one hand, you have a candidate whose ideals lean closer to fascism than those of any other major presidential candidate in recent history and, on the other, you have a candidate that is the embodiment of the political establishment.

The two independent candidates that are lucky enough for anyone to know their names are both wholly incompetent and attempt to ride the coattails of Bernie Sanders popularity as an anti-establishment candidate with a plan. Except, neither of them have a plan. Not when you press them on it, anyway.

I recognize that political revolutions don't happen over the course of a single election. I realize that the utter madness that is the 2016 presidential election has been a long time coming and is the direct result of electioneering, political disenfranchisement, and an insurmountable number of lies fed to the American public by two parties desperately clinging to power in an unsustainable system which they, themselves, built.

Trump is an egotistical madman whose platform is grounded in xenopobia and anti-intellectualism. He's a candidate who has been endorsed by leaders of the KKK, the American Nazi Party, the French Nazi Party, and Vladimir Putin. He is famous as saying "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." And, seemingly, he's right. He constantly flip flops on issues. He's a man that only tells the truth 4% of the time and whose statements are completely false or outright lies 53% of the time.

I'm tired of Clinton. And, no, I don't necessarily mean Hillary Clinton, herself. I mean candidates who support the current political system and who are more interested in their careers than they are in supporting the American people. That's nothing new, however. Nearly every President that we've ever had, with only a handful of exceptions, have been "Clintons." Hell, many of our founders were "Clintons", even though American patriotism would have you think that they were all demigods who were and are beyond reproach.

Yet, the worst I think we have to fear from a Clinton Presidency is more of the same. And, while I'm not happy about that, I can live with it. Like I said, political revolutions don't happen over the course of a single election. I believe we can survive more of the same and use the time between now and the next election to push for meaningful change.

By comparison, Clinton is a candidate who tells the truth 24% of the time and whose statements are completely false or outright lies 12% of the time. And, while that's not ideal, it's a hell of a lot better than her opponent.

There's a lot of controversy surrounding both candidates, and we absolutely should be concerned about that. But, in all of the mudslinging, I think many of us have forgotten to consider their actual policy proposals and the ramifications of said policies. In some ways, I think that's intentional. It's a lot easier to tear down one's opponent than it is to stand solely upon one's ideals.

Ultimately, there is no ideal answer to this election. To me, Clinton is the obvious choice, and I'm not happy about that. And maybe that's because Sanders got my hopes up or maybe because I'm sick of living in a country where I'd have an easier time getting Katy Perry to go on a date with me than actually getting Congress to pull their collective heads out of their collective arses and work for the betterment of the nation rather than the betterment of their own pockets. Still, Trump is a wretched, vile human being whose proposals appeal to the basest and most primal of our human instincts. His proposals would be detrimental to the American people and would only serve to breed greater animosity and ignorance.

I'm not happy about voting for Clinton, because I truly doubt that any meaningful change will come of her administration, at least not on the scale that it needs to be. But, in this election more than any other, I feel compelled to vote for the lesser of evils, even though they all are, undoubtedly, evil. I hope that we can reform the American political system in the coming years. I genuinely hope that we get to a point where anyone and everyone has a fair chance at becoming President. I hope to one day vote for the candidate whose views best align with my own rather than voting against a candidate whom I absolutely abhor.

Like I said, there is so much misinformation surrounding both of these candidates. So much so, that I simply have no desire to try to change anyone's mind as to whom they plan to vote for. A more arduous task, I've never heard of. So, I'll simply say this: do your best to sift through the bullshit and be sure to identify credible sources in order to make an informed decision. You owe it to yourself.

I'll link a few videos at the bottom of this post that go a bit more in depth on a few key issues. Feel free to fact check them against credible sources. A good way to identify credible sources is the CRAAP test.

"Anyone who goes into a voting booth on November the 8th and comes out saying 'I feel really great about what I did in there' is either lying or did something unspeakable in that booth." - John Oliver

#7 BaconMan8910, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I am not going to vote. That is all there is to it. Ya'll voters can go and be a part of this chaos to burn the nation down.
    Screw this, I'm out.

9. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I decided not to vote for either Oompa Loompa or Flip-Flop and went with third party. Say what you will, Johnson may not have a chance at winning, but at least he has a chance NEXT election due to the high unfavorability ratings for both Clinton and Trump. Either way, for the next 4 years, our country is gonna be the laughingstock of the world (well, at least more than it is now).

As for the main two candidates, this entire election is a choice of the lesser of two evils. You've got Clinton who's got a lot of burn from her time as secretary of state and the email scandal and Trump for his sexual harassment scandal and tax evasion/fraud scandal. It's like saying "do I wanna stick this fork into the top electrical outlet or the bottom electrical outlet?"

Quite honestly though, if I had to put money on who's gonna win on November 8th, it'd be Clinton. Either way, we're gonna have a rough 4-8 years. People thought in '08 and '12 that Obama is gonna destroy the nation because of blah blah blah, but now I think they'd give anything to have a 3rd term of Obama.

And if all doesn't go well, I guess we had a good run. United States of America RIP: 1776-2016

On a lighter note, I found a perfect party to support for the 2020 election:

The
    upload_2016-10-26_21-8-56.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ryder Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of jokes...

Anti-Cliton sentiments coming in 3... 2... 1...

When ol' Abe seems to be the best option for a president, you know your country's f***ed.

11. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    at least you got an election, our useless British PM, decided to vote to leave the EU, then bailed on his own stupid idea, then he quit and bailed on his 10 million pound boat and then this Nazi PM Theresa May is now our PM which is the final nail in the coffin for England. Welcome to England it use to be nice here

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I thought Cameron was pro-EU and he quit because he didn't want to lead a country with those sort of ideals?

Anyway, to those who are choosing not to vote because they're not a fan of any candidate/think voting 3rd party is a waste of time, you do realize that the president isn't the only thing to vote on on the ballot, right?

13. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    @Timekeeper
    At first he was Pro brexit, and wanted to leave the EU with his party members helping spread propaganda such as " we send 300 million a week to the EU lets fund our hospitals" stuff like that. Then he actually thought it through and become Anti brexit, then he resigned after England decided to actually leave the EU , then he even quit as an MP leaving it all down to this new PM who does not know what shes doing. Note sorry for going of topic a bit here.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Lots of stress and open tiredness about the election here. Completely understandable, this is pretty sad it's gotten to this point.
    I'll be honest and give a counterview to this then. So uh...don't take anything the wrong way because I get how you guys feel (parents are the same way and for the first time I don't see eye to eye with my father.)

I always worried that people in this country were in the process of starting to "tune out" the daily political discourse. That there was less interest in government and that we as a people would simply let politicians do whatever it is they wanted.
    So to see such..."lively" discussion this year is in my opinion a good thing. Not everyone is going to speak like a professor or local mayor. That isn't a strike against their message or anything however.

We're Americans, I find it a good thing we get passionate about the direction of the country. So please don't shut out the noise. Stay informed and keep an interest in this country and it's future. Remember, there is always going to be someone who stands up against something, win or lose there's going to be opposition so it's no use to try forget the bad times. The "losers" in this race aren't going away, they are here to stay. That might sound terrifying but as someone who would never accept a Clinton presidency myself just remember that dialogue, no matter how crude it can be, is preferable to what this country did after Lincoln-Davis

So semi politically correct message out of the way...
    Micheal Moore says it would be the biggest "FU" in history.

I can't believe I agree with this guy. Enemy of my enemy indeed

15. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I think what I hat e most about this election, is the media. I don't know why, but it feels like the media has had a lot of play in this.
    Maybe it's like this every election.

16. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Vote Green.

Jill Stein has amazing ideals, and is arguably better than Bernie.

Plus, if the Green Party can get to 5%, the funding would help them out TONS.

At this point, all we can hope to accomplish is 5%, given that there is a media block out on Jill. (They're even going so far as to mark some of her supporters as 'undecided', it pisses me off to no end)

--

Our country went down the drain long before this election cycle -- many are now realizing that this is indeed the case.

The main issue here is the people's unwillingness to change the status of America. We're a mess, in more regards than one.

Corruption plagues our leaders, fear mongering is the main focus of mainstream media, and ignorance is being capitalized upon by our corporate overlords. As illustrated by the aforementioned quote, many have even lost the willingness to vote and exercise their civil right due to the piss poor quality of candidates presented to us (except for Jill, of course).

--

This is a deciding factor, yes.

Particularly in this election cycle -- our media is omitting facts and falsely presenting anything to further Clinton's agenda.

I can't stand Johnson.

He's INCREDIBLY idiotic.

Jill2K16.

--

All said, I can't wait for this to be over.

2 days 'till 'X Day'.

I think we can all agree, this needs to end.

17. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    This election ever since the get go is like waiting for a dentist appointment looming on the horizon. You know it's coming and you'll do everything in your power to avoid it if possible, but you know that it's about as easy to avoid as a tree being bulldozed for the construction of a mini-mall.

And on that note, one thing I'll be glad about is people will finally stop telling me "O MEH GERD GO VOTE FOR CLINTON/TRUMP" on Facebook and then wanting to burn me at the stake for stating facts and opinions about their favorite candidate while they protect their shrine built in their likeness constructed in their bedroom.

18. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    This guy.

This guy gets me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  20. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0