Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Maintenance Theme Updates

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Jaysp656, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    @Staff

Intro

Howdy y'all,

As you may have noticed there has been some updates to Justdubs. We have almost every page now using the new theme the dev team has been working on for a few months. I will detail out a lot of the changes and new features in this thread on a page-by-page basis.

NEW THEME FEATURES!

Sitewide (pages with new theme only):
    • Pages are more mobile friendly and are responsive to viewport size. This means a single theme for all devices.
    • Updated colors for main content and sidebar areas. Still a blue/grey/black style but less dull than the old theme.
    • The use of Bootstrap grids makes each page feel more open and less compact than before.
    • Navbar: Now switches to a sliding sidebar for mobile devices and looks simpler and easier to use. Also has a fade-in/out animation for the hover dropdown menus.
    • Sidebar: has been reorganized slightly but besides that and the cosmetic changes it is about the same.
    • Footer: unchanged for the most part, for now.

Homepage:
    • New hover animation on recent anime images (I like calling them cards myself). Instead of the anime plot just fading in it raises upwards from the bottom of the anime card.

Anime List & Genre lists:
    • The A-Z anime list & Genre pages will have the new sitewide anime card style to be added (if not already). This is based on the recent anime cards but without the hover animation or added dates. The table format has to go because it just isn't mobile friendly enough.
    • The main Anime List page now includes the ability to filter out all series or movies and also has a search for specific anime titles. This is better to use than trying to use the search on the sidebar which may have it's own issues and needs to be optimized.
    Anime Series/Movie Pages:
    • Instead of the ajax tabs we were using we have decided to instead display a list of links for each episode in the anime on each page. We wanted to give each episode a unique url, though we also have vied for having the episodes on a separate domain JusdubsAnime.
    • Individual rating for each episode is visible on the right side of the episode links. (No, you can't mass rate episodes here)
    • New episode jumper dropdown at the top of the episode list. This is to make it easier to pick an episode and may be a tad more mobile friendly than scrolling the page as a whole.
    • Information about the anime (eg. plot, image, rating...) has been moved to be vertically positioned on the left side of the page. This gives the site a unique feel imo and way different than having all that horizontally positioned at the top as we did before. It also helps partially with keeping it all mobile friendly.
    • Each series can be rated as a whole now with a 10 star rating system.
    New* Episode Pages:
    • First off, the episode pages themselves are a new feature being added. They did not exist before when we used the tab system. We had an inefficient system before that took a lot of manual work to maintain and now have moved to something more efficient and easier for our Content Management staff to keep things going better without taking months and years to refactor changes for things like an embed source site going down, like what has happened in the past with Megaupload and Putlocker/Firedrive. Somethings will still take a lot of time but this will have made it all easier.
    • Each source is in a separate tab. This is completely different than the old tab system as each source is still actively in the html of the page at all times. For now switching source tabs will not reset the prior source if it was playing, but a future update may fix that as I personally find clicking a tab and having the video suddenly come on or continue playing in the background very annoying.
    • The far left tab is a link back to the series/movie page.
    • Next/Previous buttons now are at the bottom left and right of each embed. If you are on episode 1 the Previous button will be replaced with another link back to the series/movie page. If you are on the last episode the Next button will just disappear for now but maybe it will eventually be replaced with a link to a random anime.
    • Each episode can be rated on a 5 star scale on their respective episode page.
    • At the bottom middle under the embeds there is some quick episode buttons to get to ±5 episodes from the one currently viewed. For going to an episode outside of that range there is an episode jumper dropdown similar to the one on the series/movie pages to be used. Again, this is more mobile friendly and also allows quick jumping without having to go back a page.
    • Social media buttons are on the page now for quick sharing of pages.

Bug Sightings
    :

Some pages may have some bugs but those will be ironed out when I or others of the dev team can get to it. Feel free to mention bugs you have found in this thread (@ me in the process) or pm me directly. If you do have a bug please make sure you have read through this thread to see if it has been already reported. I may try keeping a list of known bugs and their status here eventually.

I believe that is about everything I can think of regarding the theme at this time. Feel free to post your thoughts even if you don't have a bug to mention. Always nice to have feedback :arisu:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant changes sir!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark Denn News Man

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Here here amazing job

• Like Like x 1
  4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0

I think this is the right response.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Awesome Work @Jaysp656 Looks freaking awesome!

• Like Like x 1