Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Secret World of Arrietty

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/7711/Karigurashi_no_Arrietty

Arrietty, a tiny but tenacious 14-year-old, lives with her parents in the recesses of a suburban garden home, unbeknownst to the homeowner and her housekeeper. Like all little people, Arrietty remains hidden from view, except during occasional covert ventures beyond the floorboards to "borrow" scrap supplies like sugar cubes from her human hosts. But when 12-year-old Shou, a human boy who comes to stay in the home, discovers his mysterious housemate one evening, a secret friendship blossoms. If discovered, their relationship could drive Arrietty's family from the home and straight into danger.

2. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    This film is literally The Borrowers the Anime. It's watchable and laughable. But, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they like an easy-watching anime. Plus, I didn't like the voice acting very much either.

3. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    I though it was cute, ended up watching it a few times (got dragged into watching it by my kids lol). Tho some adults might not like it, it is a great film for the younger generation.

4. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    I don't know about the Japanese voice acting but there are 2 different English dubs, Disney's (US) dub and a UK dub. The UK dub is much better and has a bigger cast with more well known actors such as Mark Strong and Saoirse Ronan. Also, the UK dub keeps the character's names from the Japanese version.

5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I think I'm too old to enjoy it, LoL.

Can't remember which version I watched. Pretty sure they kept the Japanese names. Really didn't enjoy it.