Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Persona Hype Train

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Shogun13, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    This thread is about Persona stuff. Discuss stuff about this amazing series here.
    Another trailer has come out and I'm super excited. I'm still very curious about how emancipation serves as a concept compared to death and identity, but so far it looks neat.
    http://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

#1 Shogun13, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Seems interesting enough. Digging the animation preview thus far.

[​IMG]

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Not on the hype train yet. I got the ticket for it though.

Did they finally change the way the dungeons look?

Not surprised we get another school setting. If it ain't broke...

A black cat mascot. I approve.

Wait where was Igor's assistant? Are we dealing with chibi twins?

Is it me or did that masked guy remind anyone of Darker Then Black?

I'm a noob at all things Persona but really like the series. This is on my watch list.

4. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what you mean by how they look. We see three shots of a dungeon, one where hes running along the floor, one where hes running along a chandelier and one where he's sneaking. It looks generally the same but a bit different. Granted we assume those are in engine due to it not being in anime form.
    I guess they could have an office or other workplace one day for social links. However that takes away from the escapism that I feel during those sections. Its always felt like the school section is the cooldown for the dungeons and a japanese workplace would sorta hurt that.
    Black cats <3
    It's the longcoat and mask. I guess its better than kaito kid or tuxedo mask...
    Watch list? Dawg get this on your playlist.

5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I just hope the dungeons have more stuff to do. 4 had more interesting dungeons then that repetitive tower from 3 but it still came down to "open door, find stairs".

I think there were some spots you had to do something different. (There was that floor where you couldn't kill anything and the monsters were guarding a bunch of chests)

I'm not asking for some Legend of Zelda design here, I realize at it's heart the battle system and story is the main appeal.

Speaking of which, we need a Black Frost sighting. When they showcase the battle system more, I expect to see Black Frost in its brilliant early midtier OP form.

Then I'll get hyped ;)

6. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I was on this hype train once.. Then I bought Persona 3 FES and found out there is no plot to the game at all...

7. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Hearing more stuff about this game, I'm liking what I hear so far. It seems the dungeous may have been looked at for some kind of improvement after all.
    http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/2657.html

Must...contain...excitement...

Wait I don't have a Playstation 3\4 :eek:

8. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    I still need to finish 3 and 4 first....(1/2 i do have but no where near as interested in)
    That visual style really pops though, and I kinda like that.

9. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting towards the end of Persona 4: Golden right now and I've loved every single one of the 70 hours I put into it so far. I know, that's probably pretty slow to you veteran players but cut me some slack, this is my first Persona game ever. I saw the the animation first and loved it, so when I got a PSTV just recently I knew I had to have this game.

I also have a PS4 now, so bring on Persona 5! My body is ready. As in, ready to stay up until 4:00 in the morning for "five more minutes" like I've been doing with P4G. :D

10. richardthedark1 Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    i have been waiting on this since i finished persona 4! i watched a youtuber play the first 30mins and man! it is so freakin cool! my ticket is punched and tomorrow the download will start!

11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    It comes out on the 4th of April doesn't it? I few more days, hang in there!

Two years ago I wasn't hyped. I now have the ticket to the hype train. All aboard!

12. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    No continuing discussion on how each of the confidants represent different forms of rebellion and how each of the people you fight represents a deadly sin? I am disappoint.

13. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Alright let's get this started! Obvious game spoilers below. I'm really bad with names so cut me some slack, I'm too lazy to spellcheck.
    Now that I think of it, I haven't really noticed different forms of the confident rebellions. At least not in detail as it all seemed the same to me, each of them had some kind of problem person they had to get over. Off the top of my head...

Ryuji- the team coach (the one that came after the lewd guy)
    Makoto- her friend's boyfriend
    Sojiro- that uncle guy for Futaba (however don't spoil me, I'm on level 7 for that.)
    Ohya- that reporter guy that was blocking her investigation
    Yoshida (I think that was the politicians name)- The other politician guy that framed him for some campaign thing.
    That shogi girl, forgot her name. - Her mother.
    Ann- that model who was competitive
    The fortune telling lady - that cult leader guy

I think you got the gist of it. I didn't really delve deeper into the meanings for them, essentially I kept waiting for the inevitable request to go into mementos to steal their hearts.
    What I did notice was the seven deadly sins of the palaces. There's overlap for many of them, the sins tend to overlap. This isn't set in stone, just what I view them as.

Kamoshida- Lust. He actually borders closer to pride imo. His belief that he's better then everyone pushes him close to the latter. However his perverted nature gives him lust.

Madarame- Envy. His jealously of other artists made him steal their works.

Kaneshiro- This one is tough, he's definitely greedy. However he lives in excess so that fits gluttony too.

Futaba/Wakaba- Sloth and wrath. Futaba is easy with the sloth label. Wakaba is the only one that fits the traits for wrath, how she blames Futaba for her death and all (in Futaba's cognition of her mother anyway)

Okumura- Greed. However he shares traits with Kaneshiro. Okumura however doesn't seem to 'live in excess'. That's my understanding of gluttony, it's not just eating a lot. Okumura was actually trying to use that wealth to further propel himself in contrast with Kaneshiro who just sat on it. Like I said before, there's a lot of overlap.

Shido- Pride, his belief that he can do no wrong and that he's the only one who can save Japan.

Some people consider vanity a deadly sin, it's a...lesser version of pride. I'm not so sure on that one. Pride is considered the deadliest sin of all since it basically branches into all the other ones. It wouldn't be too hard to see how each of the antagonist are vain in some way.

I actually didn't get the deadly sins reference until the final boss inflicted lust on Haru all the time. Sadly she still acted normal.

Oh and Mona is representative of the most deadliest sin of all.

Admit it, you didn't know until now.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Oops, I forgot someone.
    Sae the prosecutor- Hmm...that makes 8 people. So I may have to add vanity somewhere. Let's see, Sae is ambitious and wants to climb the ladder quickly. That could suggest envy somewhere but I feel like that's a stretch.

If I give her envy then that means Maderame gets vanity. I don't know, maybe I just don't like vanity as a deadly sin since it feels like it can be applied to everyone. Pride just takes it one step further since that one means you elevate yourself over god. Vanity is more like "Something about this is wrong, but screw it anyway."
    Maderame knew he was stealing people's work, Kaneshiro knew he was scamming people and taking advantage, Okumura knew he was putting people through crap.

Futaba/Wakaba I don't' know.

Sometimes I wish they put the first palace person where the last one is. It would require a story overhaul though. Imagine a Shiho confident that puts a block on it's path until late in the game because of
    the suicide attempt
    . That would hands down be the best confident link in the game for the utter devastation you would feel.

You can even have it so Kamoshida is trying to run for office. That essentially puts him in the same position Shido was in. For the latter, story could just demote him to the lust sin and have it so he was caught paying hookers with campaign funds or something.

This will obviously screw up several confidants.

15. ExistanceinBeta I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Who's beat the game yet. I have i loved it i personely think they realy stepped up their game with this one.