Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The New Release Club's General discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, May 6, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    The New Release Club

Ever watch a new series but had no one to discuss it with? Well then welcome to the New Release Club, a place where you can discuss anything and everything related to the new anime that are being released this season. This can and will include discussions about:

*What has happened so far in the series
    *What could happen in the series
    *What has changed from the original source [if one]

Official activities:
    Kill la Kill
    Log Horizon

The club's purpose
    To watch and discuss at least two different anime that are currently airing in Japan with fellow enthusiasts after each new episode's release. Of course since there are too many series to watch all of them [and it would be unfair if I just choose] a vote will be held to determine what series we will be watching. But most importantly remember to have fun while discussing the anime.

Why two series per season?
    It is far less likely that you will dislike both anime's than if it were just one. This provides the opportunity to satisfy more than one type of viewer's likes without causing any disruptions to club activity. That equals just two episodes per week which lets face it isn't that hard to manage.

How this club will work
    At the beginning of each new season a suggestion thread will open where the first 6 [amount may vary due to the number of active members] posted will then go into a poll. Members will then vote for only two series that they'd wish to watch out of the suggestions, which will then become the clubs next activities.

"Rules"

To nominate an anime, it must be the first season. This is to ensure that regardless of what is chosen you won't have to catch up by watching another season. The only exception is if the first season was a part of this clubs activity previously.

Since you are a member, it requires you to watch at least one of the two series that are being discussed. Otherwise what would be the point in being a member?

To join simply leave me either a VM or PM but you must be willing to watch the series chosen regardless, otherwise you will be removed from the members list.

There is no debating the results of the vote, if however the resulting victors are too similar [eg both are pointless ecchi galore with no storyline, etc] there may be a revote.

If there is a late start to club activity, to nominate a series to add to the vote it cannot be more than 5 episodes through. This is a club to discuss episodes weekly so the less back watching the better.

For what ever reason if you are unable to watch the required episodes please let me know.

With this second migration I hope that this club can once again prosper, and so to start things off I will recreate the current activity threads here.
    But first I ask everyone that still wishes to be a member to just join since there is already a member list function on this site.

2. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Hataraku Maou-sama! discussion thread has also been recreated here.

http://dubtopian-review.eu/topic/hataraku-maou-sama/

P.S. Arata Kangatari and Mushibugyou getting good!

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Good to have this club back. :)

4. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Been pretty behind but im trying to catch up

Today (1)
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ep. 2 Edit 38 minutes ago

Last Week (18)
    Shingeki no Kyojin ep. 3 Edit 3 hours ago
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. ep. 4 Edit 4 hours ago
    Sasami-san@Ganbaranai ep. 8 Edit 5 hours ago
    Karneval (TV) ep. 1 Edit 7 hours ago
    Karneval ep. 1 Edit 7 hours ago
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ep. 1 Edit Yesterday, 1:49 AM
    Photokano ep. 1 Edit Yesterday, 12:00 AM
    Mushibugyou ep. 1 Edit 05-10-13, 11:02 PM
    Date A Live ep. 6 Edit 05-10-13, 8:30 PM
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation ep. 2 Edit 05-10-13, 6:34 PM
    Sasami-san@Ganbaranai ep. 7 Edit 05-10-13, 5:39 PM
    Sasami-san@Ganbaranai ep. 6 Edit 05-10-13, 4:07 PM
    RDG: Red Data Girl ep. 4 Edit 05-08-13, 6:59 PM
    Princess Lover! ep. 1 Edit 05-08-13, 4:46 PM
    Initial D Fifth Stage ep. 12 Edit 05-07-13, 6:22 PM
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. ep. 3 Edit 05-07-13, 6:16 PM
    Shingeki no Kyojin ep. 2 Edit 05-07-13, 5:51 PM
    Cyclops Shoujo Saipuu ep. 8 Edit 05-07-13, 5:34 PM

5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Aku no Hana is fun :D

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't enjoy it with the weird animation. And that's a lot to say considering I dind't have a problem with kingdom's animation.

7. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I think that weird animation makes the show better tbh :D With cute girls it would be even weirder with such story lol

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Bato, I wouldn't call it fun but it is interesting to watch, I have no idea where it is going but I know it has the potential to be dark. I hope Aku no Hana goes really psychological and twisted for its final eps, but wait the manga is still ongoing while this only has 13 confirmed eps.

Kingdom didn't have weird animation as it used a type of CG that was a bit different than that of Appleseed's quality, Aku no Hana meanwhile uses a more experimental style that hasn't been seen too often before. I would compare it to some of the scenes in Kuuchuu Buranko, but I am not yet sure what I think of its animation other than the fact that it does add to the level of realism somewhat.
    I kind of want to see more like this actually, anyone know any others?

9. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I have read abit from the manga so i know whats gonna come. I can tell you it will be pretty psychological and twisted. In a way. In a weird way :p I think this anime might get a 2nd season, if it brings money ofcourse. The manga is pretty far and at the pace they are going they wont make it even to where i finished with reading.

10. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural Knight: Can we make the anime discussion threads for the nominees that didn't win here in this club as side activities? (or whatever it was called) I ask because the DAL discussion thread was one of them and it was made else where with no hint, sign or mention of it being a side activity or whatever it was called and imo they should be made here (Plus there's only 3 threads here atm) so we know they are side activities. (Again, or whatever it was called)

11. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Natsuru-san almost all airing shows already have their threads in this forum, even the ones that we have for this club...

Here's DAL - http://dubtopian-review.eu/topic/date-a-live-discussion/

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Natsuru-san I wouldn't as it appears that Ovyda is right and a large majority of the currently airing ones do in fact already have discussion threads. Date a live isn't listed as a side activity because I wasn't aware that a thread for it existed [nor most of them actually] on the old forums only maybe 4 new releases would have threads made including club activities so it wasn't a problem. Maybe there is no room for this club anymore, but it is too early to call it quits yet as I see updates in this sections threads easier than others [evidentially since only just saw that Mushibugyou and Arata Kangatari has a thread today].

Regardless I would still encourage club members to post in this club to keep active discussions ongoing.

In other news did anyone see the announcement of Kill La Kill? An original anime from the new studio Trigger that basically only has Inferno Cop to its name so far, however it was created by Imaishi Hiroyuki who left Gainax and had worked on Gurren Lagann and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

bio
    A story about battle actions between highschool girls. In a school where strength and power is everything, a new transfer student triggers an upheaval. Satsuki is a 18 year old girl who is the student council president. She dominates the campus with her overwhelming power. In her position, she examines the ability of each student and is able to grant those she deems worthy the "extreme uniform (gyoku seifuku)" that can bring superhuman power to the wearer. Ryuuko is a 17 year old girl who has just transferred into this school. She has half a pair of giant scissors made of tachi-sword and is searching for the remaining half. She is going to find out she is in a much bigger adventure than she has expected.

Interview with the creators
    Q: Kill La Kill is finally announced. What was your initial concept like?
    N: It started when Imaishi drew a Women's Team (onna gumi) at a bar.
    Q: "Women's Team"?
    N: We were first considering a gender bent version of the manga "Men's Team" (Otoko Gumi). I submitted an idea where there'd be girls wearing uniforms that have powers, fighting each other.
    I: So I drew a pic of Women's Team then and there, and I began to think it'd be rather fun while drawing a character with handcuffs (lol).
    N: In all these school clubs, the members would have uniforms with different powers. And we thought we'd do a battle manga-thing where the main character beats those rivals one by one. The theme for TTGL was to depict "a man's growth and maturation", but this time we went for the concept of a battle manga-thing, the likes of those from WSJ's Golden Age.
    Q: So it took a while from production to the announcement.
    I: When we were doing Panty and Stocking, we'd planned for a work that can be made immediately, but it ended up being dragged out in light of the TTGL feature film. We thought we can get to this (KLK) soon as well, but … making an original work does take time. Significant time needs to be invested in conceiving and developing each character' personalities/sentiments.
    N: In the meantime, Imaishi even made a whole company
    I: Hahaha, and also directing the special effects for BRS's CG…
    N: And I was doing Forze, too.
    Q: Forze was centered around an academy like KLK, correct?
    N: That's right. Actually KLK came first. When we were talking about having a high-school girl's battle show, they told us that they wanted Forze's MC to be a high schooler too, and we were like "Oh no, they've overlapped." KLK's motif is on a high school in the Meiji era; and Forze is an American high school. I made this distinction within myself, and I couldn't disclose it to anybody for a long time, until now (lel).
    Q: So while it took time, did the script-writing progress well?
    N: Not at all. After we'd decided on a 2-cour series, I submitted the script for Episodes 1-4 … and Imaishi said "THIS ISN'T THE KIND OF WORK I WANT TO DO!" and ripped it apart.
    Q: This sounds familiar. Did that happen during TTGL, too?
    N: During the show (leo). Six years ago, Imaishi ripped up the finished script for Episode 1 while screaming "The drill in my heart won't spin with shit like this!"
    I: Did I really say that? It's like my words are getting blown out of proportion (lel)
    N: This time, it ended up with "I can't wear sailor uniforms with this kind of story!" while ripping up 4 episodes' worth of script.
    I: EHH~? Does that mean I have to wear a sailor uniform if I OK'd the script?
    Q: Hahaha. So there was a big turnaround in direction.
    N: TTGL had one draft denied, but this time it was 4. The acceptance rate fell! (lel)
    I: I'm sorry. Haven't got used to it, have you (lel
    N: But no question, the script is very interesting.
    Q: So with this major directional change, what were the effects on the story?
    N: Initially we were making a battle-manga type show, but it changed to character drama. The battle-show planned for a complete story ended up becoming a work where regular characters' development/drama will be thoroughly explored. The work coincidentally became much more interesting from there.
    I: The heroine (Ryuuko Matoi)'s personality changed, too.
    N: Ryuuko was initially a completed character. But after the changes in script, she became the type of character where one would get involved in incidents by circumstance, and we made it so the viewer and the heroine would discover what's happening in this world at the same time. Ryuuko therefore became a character with much more vitality.
    I: We thought we'd go all out with the best elements from shonen manga. We decided to make this work one where the audience can feel strongly about the main character with a diversity of emotions.
    Q: Did the whole series' structure change as well?
    N: It's still changing here and there.
    I: And that makes it vastly different from TTGL. TTGL didn't change very much from the first planned structure. But KLK is going beyond that.
    N: With KLK, the whole staff (with me included) submit ideas, like "Hey, this would be cool", and the series' layout keeps changing. It's really a live production. If anything, it's quite similar to the experience I had when I was producing weekly manga. With weekly manga, you keep developing/making things in the direction the characters are moving, so it's really fun. KLK gave me that vibe.
    Q: How did you undertake the script writing?
    I: Just a few people. Actually, Nakashima wrote most of the 2-cour script. The Nakashima concentration in this script is very high!
    N: Actually, we wanted to have the "battles with special powers" thing for the whole story so we considered having a lot of writers to provide some quality variety. But then, the character drama started getting intense, so … "then I'll write the next script, .. and the one after that, and after that too". Before we knew it, I'd done most of the writing. It was like TWENTY-FOUR.
    I: It was a pleasant surprise to have had Nakajima write almost all of the episodes' script.
    N: Forze had just finished, so I was able to really concentrate on the writing. Right now, I can finish a whole script in a week; it's like a weekly KLK manga. You can fully enjoy the Imaishi-Nakajima combo.
    Q: What sort of action do you want to do this time?
    I: Hand-to-hand combat (or basically fighters literally throwing themselves at each other). We only had three episodes of that in TTGL. I've always wanted to do an all-out battle between characters with Nakajima at the helm (writing).
    N: Yes, it's like the Yoko vs. Adiane fight (from the TTGL film) for the whole thing.
    Q: Sushio-san was in charge of character design, correct? How did you find his work?
    N: I'm really excited from seeing all those facial expressions. I want to see them moving already!
    I: Sushio's characters give off even more appeal when they're moving. He's not a very rational character himself; he blows up when he's excited. I'm counting on that.
    N: We've got some really cool characters lined up.
    Q: What sort of characters are Matoi Ryuuko and Kiryuuin Satsuki?
    I: Ryuuko and Satsuki are developed through their clashing. Initially, Ryuuko was a bit gloomy/introverted character, but we gave her a brighter personality because Satsuki is cool and hard as ice.
    N: Both of them are main characters. Their universe has uniforms that match an individual's talents/skills and give them respective powers, and Satsuki is trying to rule the Academy with that uniform's power. Ryuuko resists this movement. It'll be a sculptured drama centered around both of them.
    Q: So in this sculptured drama, who is/are your favorite character?
    N: There will be Four Emperors again. They'll last long!
    I: You went there (lel).
    N: They won't be one-shafted emperors this time … probably.
    I: There are no throw-away characters. They're packed tight in the story, and deleting some of them is inconceivable.
    N: Some characters will develop immensely by themselves. It's wonderful to have characters like that being born.
    Q: Any films, books, or novels that were brought up during the script-writing?
    N: I got a lot of feedback about different kinds of works from everybody this time.
    I: Nakajima presented some mainstream classics from the 70's, and we present works from the 80's influenced by them. And then we get ideas influenced by both of those.
    Q: I see that you two make a great team. What do you like about working with each other?
    I: Ever since TTGL, Nakajima balances out my irresponsible and childish impulses with adult rationale and reason, while keeping things fun. Not only that, that "fun" approach fits me very well. So the work is made really easy. I'd like to work with Nakajima loads more in the future, if he doesn't mind.
    N: With Imaishi, I can go full throttle with my style. And the folks at Trigger can make that into a excellent work. It's really too much fun. I almost want to do both Gekidan*Shinkansen and Trigger at the same time.
    I: That's wonderful to hear!
    N: Personally, KLK is just too much fun. "If I were me, I wouldn't be able to get over watching this!"
    I: Nice line there! "If I were me!" (ROFL)
    N: Imaishi's team appreciates these jokes. Normally, people would be just confused.
    I: I want to match that "If I were me I can't get over it!" phrase with an illustration and make it talk!
    Q: Production has started too. What are you both looking forward to the most, at this point?
    N: The afurekos (off-recording). The cast is superb this time too. This is going to be pretty damn interesting. Really looking forward to having those people voice the characters and give them life.
    I: Production finally started, and artists besides the main staff are working on the Ryuuko and Satsuki characters. I'd like to see how they'll show even more facial expressions.
    N: This is a work where you get the fun from a manga-movie kind of thing. In terms of Trigger, it's a work that'd express both the spirit of Inferno Cop and the imagination behind Little Witch Academia.
    I: The spirit of Inferno Cop? Umm … it'd be better not to create misunderstandings (lel). Well, let's go with the FULL MIGHT OF TRIGGER.
    N: We believe it'll be an excellent work!

I am really looking forward to this, I mean an original anime from the people that brought us Panty and Stocking and Gurren Lagann as well as the stupidly brilliant Inferno Cop [I really don't know why I liked this so much]. I am expecting quite an interesting show from this and that released artwork looks great.
    Who else is excited for this?

13. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Well if they are going to make another crap like Inferno Cop then I don't expect much... but you never know.

14. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ Super:
    I haven't heard of that before, it seems really interesting. I haven't seen inferno cop, or Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, but if it's made by the same guys from TTGL, than it's bound to be good. It sounds really good to.

On a side note:
    Their uniforms have faces! Are they the female version of TTGL's mechas?

Anyway:
    I'm very excited for this anime. It seems really good, and pact with action.

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Ovyda, I think Inferno Cop was an experimental start up anime just to get the name Trigger out there amongst the anime fan base. to have it remembered was the main goal I believe so whether you remember it for the right or wrong reasons is irrelevant to its goal.

@Lunar, I'm with you, by the same creators surely it has to be a great series. Especially if we see some more insane graphics and action packed fights. That interview sounds so promising that I can't wait to see it, and this news was only released somewhat recently so I have no idea when it will even air yet.
    I didn't notice the faces on the uniform, I think it is part of the design to give them an edgier appearance since normal sailor suit uniforms just wouldn't be good enough for giving a power boost to the females.

But it is more than just action, they added more drama after 4 episodes worth of scripts were torn up.

@Batosai, just to get your attention since I wasn't sure if you've heard this news either and I know you are a fan of action/battle shows like this.

16. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Might, finish Shinsekai Yori.

Absolutely not because of these images I found... maybe.

17. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @supernatural-knight: I am looking forward to that new anime now too. (Mainly do to their shirts having those faces on them, the swords and Gurren Lagann) Though I may wait for the dub since GR (TTGR) I watched dubbed.

Anyway yes I'm sure most or all the nominees have threads made already but what I was saying was for next season and any future seasons. So what do you say, yes or no to the side activities being made here? As for this group not needed anymore, I COMPLETELY disagree with you there. I like this club and if you're going to stop being the leader at least pass it down to someone who can and is willing to run the club and show them the ropes. I myself would rather see the club keep going then see it shut down but like I said, it's still needed. If I may but what brought that on all of a sudden? If it's because of a lack of people/threads well, that's because of the baka activity feed not actually being an actual new posts since last visit button. So in other wards all throughout the forum people aren't posting in areas that they used too, including the DAL discussion thread. If we can get the new posts since last visit button working and back again then this should help. There's also the fact that the threads themselves weren't created here when imo they should be esp seeing as there's only 3 threads here atm and so on. So hey don't throw in the towel just yet and like I said, if you do then please find someone who can and is willing to run this club and show them the ropes since it'd be a shame to see it shut down.

18. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Correct me if Im wrong @natsuru-san but I dont think Super ever said anything about closing.

19. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Supernatural Knight wrote:
    @Natsuru-san I wouldn’t as it appears that Ovyda is right and a large majority of the currently airing ones do in fact already have discussion threads. Date a live isn’t listed as a side activity because I wasn’t aware that a thread for it existed [nor most of them actually] on the old forums only maybe 4 new releases would have threads made including club activities so it wasn’t a problem. Maybe there is no room for this club anymore, but it is too early to call it quits yet as I see updates in this sections threads easier than others [evidentially since only just saw that Mushibugyou and Arata Kangatari has a thread today].

Regardless I would still encourage club members to post in this club to keep active discussions ongoing.

@keiichi-morisato: Read the yellow text and yes I realize he said maybe & yet but still, had to say what I said.

20. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    He didnt say anything, i did. And i didnt mean it like that, i meant it if the threads are going to be made by someone else anyway, then this club has no meaning. With that i mean, let's not make threads for newly released animes anymore, but instead discuss them in the general discussion thread like we're suppose to. And like i said before, i think Knight should create the discussion threads in the proper genre section so that evryone can see them and there won't be any confussion about 2 threads anymore.

Those are just my thoughts on this matter. Again, i didn't mean that this club should be deleted.