Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Teaches English to New High Schoolers

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Starting this April, eccentric teenager and fellow student Haruhi Suzumiya will help teach English to new high school students in Japan. The new revised edition of World Trek English Communication I, which is available for first-year students for the upcoming school year starting on April 1, features a reading section based on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The reading, titled "Haruhi, an Amazing Girl," tells the story of how the paranormal-seeking Haruhi and sarcastic Kyon meet after entering high school. Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito's original light novels and their television anime adaptation begin with the same story.

The reading is meant to take six hours of class time. For English-teaching purposes, the theme of the reading is school life. The unit that contains the reading is at the end of the textbook. Students should read it during their third semester at the end of the school year in February. Due to appearing in the end of the book, the reading is likely some of the highest-level content in this first-year English textbook. The book's other main reading is about Nobel Prize-winning Pakistani activist Malala Yousafzai.

Haruhi and friends already appeared in English vocabulary and grammar books published in Japan. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers began publishing the original light novels in English in 2009.​

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    "And with this I have now lost my interest in learning english" is what I wish I could say. Can't stand this bitch, imagine coming across her in your text book. I'm getting a cold shiver just thinking about it.
    @Negi-Springfield @Mafiacow @kaylentine what do you think of this?

3. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Je n'ai qu'une chose à dire:

Dès demain j'appliquerai pour un transfer dans une université francophone et plus jamais je ne parlerai l'anglais.