Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Loved it!

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by YoshuaIzumiSenpai, Jan 23, 2014.

1. YoshuaIzumiSenpai Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I felt that the movie fit the emotional barrier that Nagato felt throughout the series well, especially from endless 8. The movie shook up the normality of everyday life and added a surreal feel with Kyon's narration. However, the movie will mean almost nothing emotionally and will seam more plot-lacking if you haven't watched the series. Overall it's a 4 1/2 star movie!

2. Crusier Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would agree with that, I thought the series was great and I liked the movie as well. However I think by watching the series and then the movie it makes the movie fantastic, it is defiantly in my top 5 anime movies. Without one the other is not as good and I think that it goes both ways. I think my favorite line is still "John Smith".

3. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed the series, until the endless 8 arc. But, it was still fun to watch. As for the film, I seem to remember having mixed feelings to it. The series is good, but certainly doesn't explore the themes that I thought it would in depth. I would say the series is definitely more comedy than anything else. Just the fact that it's called "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" made me think it would have been deep. But, still all the comedy in this anime was enjoyable.