Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Ended The Ghost of Christmas Past

Discussion in 'Contests, Events & Activities' started by Sporadic, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Please read the post in its entirety. I know it is long but this is important.

The ghost of Christmas past was located in the merch shop area of the forum index. Congrats to everyone who found the location. Badges will be handed out after the event is all over. And the perk will come once @Crazy Potato finally creates something.

The ghost of Christmas past is a familiar face. One whose name we all remember and whose face we can never forget. She is the soul of this community, the backbone, the one thing that will always remind us that JustDubs is JustDubs. Her existence doesn't precede this community but she does personify what it means to be a community; what it means to be family. No matter who comes and goes, she will always be here.

The ghost of Christmas past is, Kami. And she has a vision to share with us.

[​IMG]

~Kami appears as a bright, semi translucent, illumination and slowly begins to phase into a more solid form. Shortly after she fully materializes Kami begins to speak to the entire community~

"I am not the real Kami, but a mere embodiment of her. I am here in order to demonstrate the necessity of all of you changing your ways. This community is falling apart and spiraling into inactivity. We have lost many important people over the years and each year continue to lose more and more. Members will always come and go but one thing that must remain is this community. Important people are leaving, your site owner is busy beyond belief and hardly able to control everything, your news and entertainment staff are non-existent and day by day it appears to get a little slower on the forum. Some of you still have the urge to continue on and some do not. Some of you have given up, you chose not to come around and you chose to no longer participate. Pillars fall everyday and they are not replaced.

I am here to share with you the past times of holiday joy. All of the times from Christmas past which began our history as a site and which solidified our bonds as a family. I show you this in hopes of remembering the good times that used to be.

These are the shadows of things that have been. They are what they are, do not blame me.

[​IMG]

This was a time when the site was new and fresh and alive. We had everything to live for. And let's face it, most of that community isn't even here today. We continue on, living their dream, making it a reality. Let's remember a time when this community was budding and had nothing but things to give.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was a time when we were moving ahead pretty quickly. We had a dedicated fan base a loyal staff that some of us still recall. We were so happy to have one another and to celebrate the holidays.

[​IMG]

The community was at its peak. Nothing could top JustDubs now. But ironically, this would be the last year for awhile that we celebrate the holidays under the name JustDubs. And the last holiday you will see me for 2 years to come.

JustDubs closed shortly after December. We were in such a panic with the site closing that nobody thought to celebrate the holidays. We were too busy worrying about being separated, than we were about enjoying our time with each other.

[​IMG]

My sister Arisu started filling in for me after JustDubs closed. It was a new place and a new era. My place as the mascot of your community was over. The admins of Dubtopian-Review felt I wasn't needed any longer and I slowly drifted into the shadows. This was the beginning of harsh times for our community.

[​IMG]

And finally, just like that, the community was under new ownership and I was back from the dead, strong as ever. You could even say I rose like a phoenix from my own ashes. Your new site owner Sporadic made sure I returned. This was the beginning of all the hard work we would have to do in order to restore our community to its original form. This was our time to rebuild.

[​IMG]

After a year of hard work from our staff it was time to celebrate the holidays once again. We were a family, we worked so hard in order to make this community succeed. After all the trials and tribulations we managed to pull ahead and end up on top. We may not be the best, but people are starting to remember the JustDubs name.

Let's not break this trend. Let's all make sure we try our best to be a part of this community no matter what. Sometimes we all get busy and have to take a break in order to regain our composure. But please only let that be a break. do not continue the cycle of old members leaving and never looking back. Do not forget the great times we have all had, the hard work we have had to go through in order to call this community ours. We are a family and family sticks together. Please, remember this. "

~Kami finished speaking and just as suddenly as she appeared, she vanished~

• Like Like x 20
  2. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Oh.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Now I feel depressed in a way.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Lil' bit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    brah those usernames brah. from 2009 brah. i interacted with them brah. they ... my senpais. i miss them brah (except fletch for the lols).

no kidding i almost cried when i saw those names. they were the top members when i joined the forums. discussions where everywhere. there was even a time that i couldnt keep up with the posts.

stay strong JD stay strong Kami.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ColEvil Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm Using A Dell Keyboard!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shunikuno Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I never remember to sign in. I lurk. Even in skype I pretty much only read.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  9. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I'm fairly new to the community and even this kinda hits me right in the feels.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Hmm I am torn. I love the history here but the roleplaying kind of kills it for me. Roleplaying isn't something that I'm too fond of, but I'm sure some of you already know this.
    I had forgotten just how long @Timekeeper has been with this community. I mean I knew you predated me but being staff in 2010, I didn't know that at all. I was a bit too new for mythic and kyoujin but I did see their names around when I went searching through old threads. This brings back a lot of memories. Feels god to know of some of these legendary members of yore.

It was a simpler time, the site was always growing larger, we didn't struggle with maintaining activity. Most importantly we hadn't been taken down yet so we didn't have to worry about rebuilding from the ground up.

@Sporadic thanks for the historic tale. Could do with some work before we reach grandmaster Shogun's level of story time though.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

But seriously, I remember being here back when the site was NarutoEngDub, aka the prehistoric ancestor of JustDubs. Not sure how long ago that was, but it was long before I was referred to as "Big Brother Diedrich" or even staff

Thank you also for reminding me of my obsession of Nagisa. Some things never change Me from the past

• Like Like x 5
  12. Zhouboyi Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Bruh... feels...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Well I wouldn't really consider this roleplaying (im not even a rper on the forum). 99% of the time I'm more or less speaking through the mascot in a way that doesn't necessarily come off as me being preachy about the sites activity. Also one thing people always wanted was some more backstory from the mascots so two birds with one stone eh?

Yeah, the waybackmachine didn't have much in the way of holiday posts for NED.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    **Raises Brow**
    TBH its more story telling and Kami speaking than Roleplaying. Tho it is easy to confuse story telling and role playing in a way when a person is speaking in first person. But this isn't role playing :p

• Like Like x 5
  15. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    This ain't roleplaying bro. You want roleplaying, come visit us down in the RP Club. This is akin to what Narrators do on movies and shows. Sporadic could have told the story himself but that'd be way weird with him referencing Kami all the time. I've been RPing for a long time and this is not RP.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    We will always need you Kami!!! Hope she can still hear me after disappearing. I wasn't around here in those early days, i joined right before JD fell apart, like a week before so the only moments i really remember are from Dubtopia onwards, but i knew Spor way before that so he had mentioned JustDubs a couple of times. I saw Spor offer Ovyda to join JD for the anime character elimination games on another forum and i just went along with that and found them pretty enjoyable. Now i host the elimination games together with Vladnyx and can't see myself leaving this community anytime soon. It's a great forum to post with alot of fun people. Even now.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Shinimagami Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It's nice to see how everything looked before I hopped along. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Yoooooooooooooo

I got some great ideas here that could make this place hoppin' in 2017:

1. Bring back the troll brigade

2. Bring back the fluffy kittens and rainbows club

3. Bring back fletch to monitor #s 1 and 2

4. Bring back Liebert, cause why not

Only then will JD truly be complete. We'll have new members lining up to join!

Maybe if I wasn't such a fag, members would stick around more. I must be scaring 'em away.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Lince in the current elimination game I actually asked the question of "should I be more like Fletch?". Maybe I should, sounds like we'll get a lot of new members, esp if the Fluffy Kittens and Rainbows club came back [I'm sure @Cpt_K3nny would gladly lead it].
    Could be interesting seeing the rebirth of the Troll Brigade, their podcasts were something else...... but that would definitely be antagonising other sites.

I think everyone that has been here long enough knows of NarutoEngDub, only those that are true legends experienced it first hand and are still with us today. I definitely remember you being obsessed with Nagisa though, when I joined you were using her name as your username.

I guess I also dislike story telling going from what the role-players here are saying.

• Like Like x 2
  20. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

lol that was moving, I remember joining many a year again on the jd net site for the amv comp, been around since, as much as it was somewhat sad, im not sad that were still here and were still a strong unique community that is still going and we are continuing to grow. Theirs no such thing as a "full stop" in jd's history but a comma :p

• Like Like x 2