Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Boy and the Beast

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Laximus, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Laximus Espada | Anime Dealer

Ratings:
    +965 / 0 / -0
    The tale of a boy and a beast: both lonely, both stubborn, and both strong. For nine-year-old Ren, things could hardly be worse. His mother has passed away in a traffic accident, his father is nowhere to be found, and his extended family is cold and distant. Desperate, Ren runs away to the mean streets of Shibuya to try and survive on his own. In the beast realm of Shibuten, the fierce warrior Kumatetsu is certainly feared, but not especially liked or respected. When the Lord decides to retire and become a God, Kumatetsu would be a natural candidate to replace him; he and the noble Lord Iouzan are the two strongest in the land. But Kumatetsu is so anti-social he's never even managed to hold on to a disciple. And until he proves he can, he'll never be a serious contender. When Ren gets lost in a maze of alleyways and finds himself in the strange land of Shibuten, fate brings these two stubborn and fierce-willed souls together, and Kumatestu re-names the boy "Kyuuta". Each of them has much they can teach the other, but where these two are concerned, nothing is going to be easy. As Kyuuta adjusts to his new home he finds himself torn between two worlds - two worlds that are far less separate than either the Boy or the Beast realizes.​

2. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I will definitely watch this!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I just now got finished watching this film. Let me just say it's a marvelous story about acceptance and showed the growth of a relationship between Ren and Kumatetsu. Their endless fighting and bickering are comical yet oddly transcending as you watch the two of them grow and learn from one another. My only complaint dwells in how slow the story started out with most if not all of it being entirely foreseeable. For me it took a little over a half hour before I became engrossed in the film. The voice acting, and animation were certainly high caliber quality. There were also a few minor plot holes along the way yet nothing that I'd call groundbreaking. I'd strongly recommend this film. I give it a solid 9.4 out of 10. Reason I didn't score it as a 10 is due to it's slow progressive start which almost made me want to stop watching. And the second being some foreseeable events and minor plot holes. ​

4. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I will try to watch it tomorrow night