Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Ancient Magus' Bride Anime Previewed in 1st Promo Video, Visual

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Mark Denn, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Mark Denn News Man

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    posted on 2016-03-09 22:55 EST
    1st part of 3-part prequel anime starts 2-week theatrical run on August 13
    The official website for the anime of Kore Yamazaki's manga The Ancient Magus' Bride (Mahō Tsukai no Yome), began streaming the first "grand promotional video" on Thursday.

Chise: Beneath the heavy veil.
    Chise: Beyond the dull walls of cement... deep, deep within the anicent, misty forest.
    Chise: I just want a place to go home to.
    Man: Shall I give you to someone who wants you?
    Elias: I've made my decision. I'll take you as my apprentice.
    Chise: There lies another world. That world is far closer to ours than you might imagine.
    Chise: I don't know anything about him.
    Chise: Elias.
    Elias: Chise.
    Text: This is a story told so that you may know the beauty of the world.
    Chise: Should I say something weird when I propose?
    The website also posted a visual:

[​IMG]
    Yamazaki drew art to celebrate the news:

[​IMG]

Caption: They just don't have voices, but they move, too…!?
    Elias: Hmm
    Chise: They move
    Book: Joy & Fear
    Book: The Ancient Magus' Bride Anime DVD
    Yamazaki: Is it all right for these carefree characters to be moving like this?"
    Sound: flipflipflip
    [​IMG]Seven Seas publishes the manga in North America, and it describes the story:

Chise Hatori has lived a life full of neglect and abuse, devoid of anything resembling love. Far from the warmth of family, she has had her share of troubles and pitfalls. Just when all hope seems lost, a fateful encounter awaits her. When a man with the head of a beast, wielding strange powers, obtains her through a slave auction, Chise's life will never be the same again.
    The man is a "magus," a sorcerer of great power, who decides to free Chise from the bonds of captivity. The magus then makes a bold statement: Chise will become his apprentice - and his bride!

The Mahō Tsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito (The Ancient Magus' Bride - The Man Who Waits for Stars) anime will tell an original story from before Chise meets the Magus.

The cast for the anime and the drama CD bundled with the fifth manga volume includes:

Atsumi Tanezaki as Chise Hattori
    [​IMG]
    Ryota Takeuchi as Elias Ainsworth
    [​IMG]

Kouki Uchiyama as Ruth
    [​IMG]

Aya Endo as Silky (Silver)
    [​IMG]

Simon Callum (Toshiyuki Morikawa in the drama CD)
    [​IMG]

Angelica Burley (cast not announced)
    [​IMG]

Yamazaki wrote the original story for the anime. Norihiro Naganuma (Hozuki's Coolheadednessassistant director, Yowamushi Pedal movie director) is directing the anime at Wit Studio (Attack on Titan, Seraph of the End), and Aya Takaha (Psycho-Pass episode 12 script) is penning the scripts.Hirotaka Katō (Empire of Corpses animation director, Hozuki's Coolheadedness) is designing the characters for animation, while Bamboo (Hozuki's Coolheadedness, Empire of Corpses) is handling the background art.

The three volumes of the anime will be bundled with the sixth, seventh, and eighth volumes of the manga on September 10, 2016; March 10, 2017; and September 9, 2017, respectively. The first part will also have a limited two-week run in eight theaters throughout Japan, starting on August 13. The fifth limited-edition manga volume includes an invitation card, and a web magazine will launch in September with a new manga by Yamazaki.

The MAG Premium Vignette series will launch with figures of Elias and Chise:

[​IMG]
    Yamazaki launched the manga in Mag Garden's Monthly Comic Blade magazine in 2013, but the magazine ceased publication on September 1, 2014. The Ancient Magus' Bride moved to the publisher's Monthly Comic Garden magazine and is also published on the Comic Blade onlinewebsite. Mag Garden published the manga's fifth volume on Thursday, and Seven Seas will publish the fourth volume in April.