Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

That was a tough week

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doomguy, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I survived Hurricane Irma. Knocked out power for a few days. Internet was down for almost the whole week. It's a bit weird now though with the internet, I had a couple drops for no reason.

Lost half my fencing and naturally the landscape was a disaster. No flooding though which was curious. There was some water that came up through the wood floor but a couple of towels was all that was needed. Since the eye of the storm missed me the wind wasn't catastrophic.

My trees are actually all okay but that's because I have all palms. Those rarely fall. Neighbors didn't fare too well though, big trees toppled over and some street lights didn't make it. Neighbors in front of me had it worst, the guy does a lot of landscape and arguably had the best looking lawn on the block.

At least until his fence toppled over and crushed his hedges. Some people just now are returning home. Power is still out for some people, it seems to be completely random if you are that unlucky.
    A lot of businesses are still closed but at least the gas stations are getting gas now. Got a pizza yesterday, no veggies though :(

Police presence was pretty heavy. They had the streets locked down as soon as people felt it was safe to leave their homes so I didn't chance to see the state of the roads the day after. Judging now by the swept aside trees it must have been ugly.

That was then though. Slowly but surely the city is returning to life.

2. Wilhelm-von-HU Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    glad that you are okay hope your family is safe.

3. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Glad you got through it ok. I remember Hurricane Sandy and how bad it was. I also have family back home in Houston and around the area when Harvey hit. Hurricanes are no joke.