Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Teaser Trailer For Netflix's Lemony Snicket Series

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Jul 6, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Teaser Trailer For Netflix's Lemony Snicket Series
    Something unfortunate is coming...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]06 July 2015 | Written by Owen Williams | Source: Netflix

There's a pleasing level of total mystery surrounding Netflix's impending series based on Lemony Snicket's 13-book Series Of Unfortunate Events. We still don't know who's working on it either behind or in front of the camera, but it seems that one Eleanora Poe is responsible for the marketing campaign, and she's just released a teaser trailer. Warning: contains extreme spider violence.

Ms. Poe, readers of the gloomy tomes may remember, is the sister of Arthur Poe, the banker charged with managing the Quagmire fortune and the Baudelaire orphans' estate. So it's fitting that she should be stepping in to oversee their affairs in this regard.

The mournful ditty playing over the promo is a version of the Dresden Dolls' Missed Me, but note that the record on the gramophone is by Stephin Merritt's Snicket-influenced The Gothic Archies. There are plenty of visual gags and references like that included to ensnare the Snicket faithful, including a shadowy glimpse of the dastardly Count Olaf himself.

“On the search for fantastic material that appeals to both parents and kids, the first stop for generations of readers is A Series Of Unfortunate Events,” Netflix’s Cindy Holland said last year. “The world created by Lemony Snicket is unique, darkly funny, and relatable. We can’t wait to bring it to life for Netflix members.”

Snicket – the nom de plum character for author Daniel Handler – isn’t so sure. “I can’t believe it,” he said, from an undisclosed location. “After years of providing top-quality entertainment on demand, Netflix is risking its reputation and its success by associating itself with my dismaying and upsetting books.”

The series - which still doesn't even have a name - will cast its leaden pall on the streaming platform sometime in 2016.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    That trailer was a bit sour for me.

3. kaylentine Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Lucky Smells! Lachrymose Leeches! Snake skins! Nuptial law! The Marvelous Marriage! The Daily Punctililo! Mushrooms! Conceirge hat! Crows! VFD symbol!!! Even more stuff I've missed! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    UPDATE: Netflix reps have confirmed that this 30-second promo isn't the official teaser for the series. It was made unofficially and without their knowledge.

5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Aw, that's no fun.