Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Suisei no Gargantia

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, May 15, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Ledo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Ledo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Ledo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Ledo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him.

I'm enjoying it so far. It's nothing special but its okay. Chamber is pretty cool. And Ledo is learning the native language pretty fast. Considering his personality and the way he was brought up he seems to be having a hard time understanding the life style and customs of the people on Gargantia.

2. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    One of my favorites this season. Very different from typical mecha anime and has an interesting story development, even tho it's a bit slow, but it's good to have such anime among those comedies and action ones.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I agree its is slow. But I still like it too. I particularly fond of the setting and what condition the planet is in.

4. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yeah.
    The slowness actually made it more fun.

What will happen now also seems interesting. Wander what's gonna happen. It also seems like some romance will be developing, and might I say, last episode, that dance.

5. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    It's a good show, I really like slice of life-esque story telling and I like the futuristic/apocalyptic environment. I'm enjoying this one.

6. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @DTRAdmin , @Sporadic , @Karma

Just sharing my feelings right after episode...

Ep 7

Wow... wow.... wow....

7. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The commander didnt seem like the type... wait, nevermind.
    Also, i agree on the idealism, but is their way of thinking. They know nothing of the creatures he had to fight. Bellows was cool, now he seems like a dick. A very greedy dick.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Why co-exist when you can blow stuff up?

9. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Sporadic wrote:
    Why co-exist when you can blow stuff up?

Yeah as soon as they started mentioning how they didn't want to kill the pirates I did let out a huge "sigh" that's so lame but I was still interested in the story.

10. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Another well played episode. A few times almost felt like some tears are about to....

I am glad Ledo didn't change his mind, that's really something I like that he's not following a girl's "ass" and Amy wasn't annoying (didn't try to persuade). Judging from the preview, the next episode will have all the action that we didn't get this episode. Looking forward :)

Btw, that ending was kinda like both girls are seeing off their beloved ones :D

11. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps ledo will get some ;)

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-31/gargantia-salvager-bellows-gets-her-own-spinoff-manga