Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Streaming sites vids not working right, please help!

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Natsuru-san, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    First I can't share the links to said sites. Not in the open anyway so if you are confident you can get to the bottom of this and ONLY if you NEED the links then I'll send you the links by PM.

Note: I won't share the links at all even by PM if a mod says I can't. I figure given what Admin said in the DAL thread this is acceptable esp since it's to get to the bottom of what's going on.

Now first let me rule out what it isn't. It's not because my Adobe Flash Player needs to be updated. It's not because of Ad block or because of something I DL'd and installed and I've not changed any settings, my speakers are working just fine and lastly, I will not DL anime. I am trying to watch them on streaming sites which has never been a prob for me till about a month or two ago and with that out of the way here is the sitch in all it's entirety.

Ok so I was watching Strike Witches S2 on one site when the sound became all computerized and a green bar for the same ep later appeared after I tried again later on. For another site same ep instead gave different probs. It skipped small and large portions of the ep and for this ep it presented a new prob, the left speaker had no sound to it. Only the right which I know for a fact both my speakers are working fine as I said earlier. Now it's not just this anime. Similar or the same probs are happening to other anime vids too. Heaven's Lost Property (The whole series practically), SW2 as I said earlier, Lagrange the Flower of Rin-ne and the newest one Inuyasha the Final Act. (Official dub) Btw, all these are the dubbed version and I'll not settle for the subbed version but luckily other than most of SW2 and Inuyasha TFA I was able to find working vids on other sites however, just barely, and I mean down to if this vid doesn't work I'm screwed just barely.

The probs that happen with the vids vary and also vary depending on which site I view them on but so far have been happening on all sites or nearly all sites. Here is what all I've been experiencing.
    Sound/voices computerized.
    Green bar at the bottom of vid
    The bar that has the various buttons on it such as Full screen, play, pause etc. doesn't disappear on a certain site which from what someone showed me shouldn't be happening.
    Vid skips small and large parts of the ep.
    Sound/voices sound funny and fade in and out at times.

2. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Just an update here. I watched ep 2 of Accel Word dubbed and every site has the same player, the one that says Neon Ally at the bottom right. Anyway I honestly believe this is Neon Ally's fault or whoever's fault for messing up the vid because at exactly these two different times in ep 2 it skips dialog and I watched carefully and there seems to be a few milla secs pause of those times and due to it skipping dialog it didn't make sense. Same with later on with what happened in the ep because the dialog was skipped. I had to resort to the sub for those scenes just so I could know what was roughly said. The exact times where this happens are @9:48 & @ 12:22. Now I post this just incase it happens to be another prob which as you know, I've been experiencing a lot lately. I also recall 1 instance where this happened in ep 1 but quickly forgot about it and didn't pay much attention to it so I don't know exactly where it does this in ep 1. But enough rambling. I hope this doesn't continue and also, I hope someone can help me figure out what's going on with these probs I'm experiencing.

Lastly have any of ya'll been experiencing the same probs I've been experiencing with vids not streaming right?

3. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  4. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Yeah **** quoting all that.

Have you tried this with different browsers?

5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
  6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'd be more inclined to answer if it was posted on the other forum.

7. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

IDK where you got this meme but its funny.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
  9. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I bet he made it :D

EDIT: ninja'd

10. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Keiichi & all: I thought I put that in there. Guess I forgot. Yeah I tried Internet Explorer as well as Chrome. Both do the same things only IE I can no longer watch anything except Youtube vids on it because it still shows the task bars and even messes up some. Not sure why that happens but Chrome never gave me probs before, now all of a sudden the same probs I explained earlier (Minus the one I just said) are happening in Chrome too. It's either the vids themselves which is ridiculous for so many and on different sites or something else is causing the prob. :/

@Kämpfer meme: I have more than one problem not relating to streaming sites as we all do so meme not true. :p Also figure he made it too.

11. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried resetting the browsers to default settings???

12. BennyDragonheart Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried Firefox? If not, worth a shot right?

13. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Keiichi: I'm about to head to bed as I'm unusually tired right now but I don't see what good resetting the browsers to default will do when I've not changed any settings?

EDIT: Where'd that Rias scene in your sig come from? o_O I never saw THAT in the anime. Is the 2nd OVA ep out already? o_O

@Benny: If all else fails then yeah, if I have no other choice then I'll do it, but I REALLY don't want a 3rd browser. So no, I've not tried Firefox or any other browser except IE & Chrome and Chrome shouldn't be doing this anyways. :/