Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Steven Spielberg says no one will replace Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Dec 3, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Steven Spielberg says no one will replace Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones
    [​IMG]

Talking recently about Star Wars and his career in general, Harrison Ford has said he’d be happy to work on another Indiana Jones film. And according to Steven Spielberg, no one else could or should replace Ford as the iconic adventurer.

Speaking with Screen International, Spielberg made his feelings clear. “I don’t think anyone could replace Harrison as Indy, I don’t think that’s ever going to happen,” he said, denying recent rumours that someone such as Chris Pratt could take over the fedora and whip. “It’s certainly not my intention to ever have another actor step into his shoes in the way there have been many actors that have played Spider-Man or Batman. There is only going to be one actor playing Indiana Jones and that’s Harrison Ford.” Which doesn’t rule out someone else playing a Jones family member again after a film we’re reliably informed was called Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, but which mysteriously escapes our memory for now.

Of course, while there has been plenty of chatter about a new Indy outing, and with Kathleen Kennedy and the Lucasfilm team eager to make more movies from their big properties for Disney, nothing will get made unless Spielberg wants to. It does appear that he’s still eager, however. Why? “Because there are more adventures out there than films,” he says. “So as long as there’s more adventures out there, I’ve got a bullwhip, a fedora, a leather jacket and a man on a horse who knows how to get the job done.”

Spielberg’s latest, Bridge Of Spies is in UK cinemas now.

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah, yes. Sean Connery as Jones' father, also named Dr. Jones (Henry Jones, Sr.), in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. lol Nor can we forget the young boy scout Indiana Jones (River Phoenix) from the same film. It would be interesting to see another Indiana Jones, but Harrison Ford can't keep playing the part forever. He'll have to pass on the adventures to someone eventually.

3. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    @Vashnik

Why not try to replce him with Shia Laboaf? Oh wait that was already tried :( :p lol

4. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    I don't think the idea is that Ford will do anymore movies as the main hero but that no-one else would play that character. Any future Indi movies would probably have a student or family member be the main hero.

5. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it was really an attempt to replace the character. That was Indy's son, Mutt Williams, making Sean Connery's character (Dr. Henry Jones Sr) the grandfather. Also, Mutt Williams wasn't pursuing archaeology, so it wasn't really set up for it.

If the movie is titled "Indiana Jones" then the main character would have to be labeled Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford can't keep playing "Indiana Jones" forever, so he'll eventually have to pass on the torch (or fedora in this case) and the character's alias of Indiana. Henry Jones is the actual name of Harrison Ford's character, so naturally that name wouldn't be passed onto someone else. The best way to pass the title on would be to have a character's name end with Jones, and it's a fairly common last name (almost like "Smith") so they'd be able to work something out where the title of Indiana get's passed down to the successor and they wouldn't need to make "Jones" an alias.