Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Spice and Wolf] Good series!

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by plantkingman, May 2, 2013.

1. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Its a very good series. Can be a bit slow at times but still very good.

2. Buildlancer Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I liked made me wanna live in that time except for the church being in control.

3. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    This anime is a definite for a relax and not to out there sorts.
    It tells the story of a travelling merchant who goes by the name Lawrence, and a legendary wise wolf of good fortune who goes by the name Holo. The two characters meet, and Holo requests Lawrence to take her back to her home as he travels from town to town making profit. Reluctantly Lawrence takes Holo to her home. She proves to become more interesting in her talents as they travel, however some of these talents lead to a bit of trouble and could jeopardize Holo's relationship with Lawrence, who had had already questioning whether to bring her along in the first place.

I really enjoyed the relationship between this odd couple. It had plenty of mystery and interaction, which kept me going through all the episodes. The plot is strong with an adventurous nature. The opening really goes well with the calm and sometime dramatic elements of this anime (The opening theme song to this anime is a personal favorite). There is a lot of dialogue which is presented in a strangely romantic way. The aura of young romance between Holo and Lawrence was truly touching, and I enjoyed it more than most other relationship between characters of other anime.

[​IMG]

4. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Haha I would agree with you, but there's one thing I would like about that time, THERE WOULD BE NO WAY TO WATCH ANIME:eek::kami:

5. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Could someone explain this series to me please. I have seen the first few episodes... before I found others... but is it worth watching/ downloading?

6. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Short answer = Yes, what are you waiting for?!

Dave summarises it very well, I'd just add there is quiet a bit of focus of the ins and outs of business/trading but it's interesting and goes with the main plot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    So there's no information missing that I should know?

8. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Not really, unless you want spoilers!

9. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yeah first two episodes weren't the most enlightening, but later on the story picks up. There are some plot twists ahead just so you know.

Haha. Yeah I really spend some time trying hard not to do any spoilers and give a good summary:D

Thank you:arisu:

10. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I really liked this one. Anime series tend to end early, though, and may not even reach the end of the whole story. A season 3 would work well for this series, but I doubt there are any plans for that. After you watch it, and you wish to know more about the stories, read the light novels that have been translated to English, though I am not sure if they have all been given an official translation.

11. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    The 2 anime seasons cover 1, 2, 3 and 5 of the light novels. There are 17 novels (15 have been translated) in total with the story now complete and no plans for a 3rd season so far.

F.Y.I. if you wanna know what happens at the end of the story then PM me.

12. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I didn't like season two as much cause I only found the first half good. After the first half of season 2 and the go to the other place I just felt a bit let down with the story, but the last episode wasn't a bad recovery so I'd still say it was pretty good overall just not as good as the first season. If they make a 3rd season they really need to start dropping Holo's
    Depression
    I haven't read the light novels, not sure if I should as well:confused: