Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Maintenance Site Changes

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by JustAdmin, May 31, 2014.

1. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    The new site is here (for the most part). It's still largely incomplete for the next week. Here's a list of changes you can expect on the new Dubtopia network.

• Dubtopian Review is no more. The domain now redirects to dubtopia.eu. The redirect will remain in place until February when the domain expires. We also registered dubtopia.net
    • The removal of Dubtopian Review was a change I made so we can focus on the streaming end of the site again. Reviews will still be a large part of the community but we will no longer be focusing on them as the focal point of our community.
    • The only place on DT you will need an account is on the forum. The accounts on Dubtopia will not be migrated to the new server. The need for an account on DT became pointless once we went public. As such other account related things such as your watch lists will no longer be available.
    • Chatango is replacing Arrowchat. The embedded chat is on the home page and the popout link will be located in the navibar on the homepage.
    • The site is still being worked on and themed. As such, some links will not be functional right away. The pages which hold our content like the anime list and review pages have to be worked into the Drupal CMS. Within the next couple of days we will be working on getting those up and the links ordered.
    • There is still other features we're working out as well so please be patient while we get everything to 100% over the next week.
    -Spor

• Like Like x 1
  2. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Placeholder for to-do list.

3. Dann1224 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    glad to see the site growing :), i really love this site keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Khristophoros ♛Ecchi Enthusiast♛

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Loving the new layout and theme; lot less generic than before.

Also I would be glad to help with any problems that may arise in development.;)

5. The Banjo Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Loving the look. Reminds me a lot of the old site.

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to say I love the upgrades to the mention system. It makes mentioning people SO much easier especially when you forget how to mention someone's name that has a space.

7. Takeshi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is anyone else having problems streaming on this site ?

8. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    That would be because its not set up yet give it a few more days.

9. Brave-Fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your hardwork to change DT.
    By the way, when I watched "MM !" on temporary link, Mp4upload and sockshare showed " not found ".
    Does it mean "file deleted " ? or other problem while migrating to new site ?
    They appear "MM !" , "Blue Exocist Movie " " Ikkitousen Great Guardians " and"Revolutionary Girl Utena (TV) " as I confirmed.
    I think that there might be same cases of other animes.

#9 Brave-Fan, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Possibly broken links, I haven't really given time towards checking broken links since they're low priority atm. Once we get everything fixed we will resume adding and fixing anime.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rees Rose Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love the new update! If there is anything that I can do to help out just let me know :)

12. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    It is nice to only have to type part of if and have the rest filled in by the forum.

13. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Really love the new update, brings back memories of JustDubs :) Can't wait to see the whole site working at 100%

14. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
    Looks very good so far. I especially like the mobile friendly forum. Hopefully the main page will get mobile friendlier as well ❤

15. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    It's something we'll work on eventually.

16. PrimulaToshiro Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about this, but I was wondering how to reset my password. I haven't logged on to Duptopia in a long while, so when I finally did, I was totally lost. I checked my inbox and junk mail on my email for a DT password reset but I could never find it. I wanted to email you, but I do not know your email and the link that said "contact me" led me to Outlook, which I am not familiar with. I made a new account, but I think I only made a new account for the forum. I just really Duptopia! It's my favorite anime site with so many fun-friendly features. Please help a fellow Duptopian!

17. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
    1. Only DTR (Dubtopian Review) accounts were migrated. Did you have a DT or DTR account? If you only had a DT account it's lost forever.

2. If you had a DTR acc: Click on Login or Sign up button in the upper right corner. Click on "Forget your password?" and do what's written there

18. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The account you used on Dubtopian Review's forum is the same account on this forum, you'll just have to password reset with your same email address you registered the account with. If you had an account on the old Dubtopia server, the one for watching anime, those accounts were purposefully not imported to the new server when we upgraded the site. The reason we originally had them was because the site used to be invite only thus requiring an account to login and view the sites content. We went public months ago and with the switch to our new server it was a preferred option to not import the accounts, mostly so we have less server load with less accounts calling user functions.

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Disqus now our sites primary comment system. This is applied on all the series, movies, ova, caption this, amv of the week etc pages. This was done so we can use a less exploitable comment system than what Drupal offers.

Guests posting is allowed. Simply enter your name and email address after you type your comment. No account will be registered, entering your email is merely a security aspect.

20. Vishal09x Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thats great, also i have been noticing a lot of ads lately, their is one right there ^^^^^^^^^^^ as i'm writing this. I don't mind it at all, i was just saying. :) But its great to hear the site is doing good.