Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Should I Keep Watching Gatchaman Crowds?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by popaandreea, Feb 11, 2018.

1. popaandreea

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently at episode 5.I found the main female lead to be insufferably annoying with her constant obsession for stationery and overly-genki attitude.She makes Haruhi Suzumiya seem like an emotionless girl in comparison.It even sounds like the actress is trying to make her even more annoying with that loud high pitched voice.Plus,she has zero flaws as a character and it feels like they were trying to make us like her from the start. The main bad guy is pretty much the same - incredibly loud & annoying with a high pitched voice,but unlike Hajime who has absolutely no flaws,this guy has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.He's just evil for the sake of being evil with zero motivation for his actions.Also,why does he hate Rui so much? Is it explained later on into the story?

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Hmm that is a tough question to answer @popaandreea. That really depends on you. Personally I don't drop anything anymore. But I know this doesn't help your question so I'll try and delve into the anime a little more.

There is nothing that can be done about Hajime, she is as energetic as can be and doesn't see the bad in anyone. She doesn't change in the slightest, in fact I'd personally say that she gets even worse later on if you already don't like her. She's the kind of character you are either going to like or hate. You actually stated it clearly yourself, you are simply meant to like her from the start. For me I actually liked her positivity compared to some of the other quieter and dull characters so that was never a problem.
    Her attitude and the over the top bright colour palettes of the show kept me entertained.

Berg Katze or however it was spelt is simply a bad guy from space. I don't think it was explained, just he was simply a horrible creature that was too powerful. Classic bad guy who is bad because he is. Overly loud and just as energetic, I don't really know why they made him that flamboyant.
    I believe he hates Rui because he hates everyone, wasn't he a creature of destruction or something? So watching people try and help others really annoys him. People being happy in general annoys him. He wants to cause trouble and enjoys seeing suffering.

All I can say is that if you're not liking it currently due to these two then you're probably not going to like whats to come. More positivity from Hajime, more chaos from Katze. You have to get caught up in the colours/OST and the Genki feeling in general.
    I should probably mention I don't remember too much about the finer details though since its been years since I've seen this.
    And most definitely don't watch the 2nd season, I hated the continuation with the introduction of another horrible MC.

3. popaandreea

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.I think I'm most likely gonna drop this show if that's the case.
    Crowds overall feels like the type of show that's more about the style rather than the substance.I'm not much into bright colors myself (in fact,due to an eye problem I have,the bright over the top visuals look kinda jarring).Hajime seems like the type of character that the viewer has to like from the start,like you said.But for me,she seemed too optimistic and loud,even in serious situations.It feels they were trying to make her the perfect human being with no flaws whatsoever.Her rubbing notebooks against her face really threw me off.

About the bad guy,considering he has those abilities,I wonder why doesn't he just destroy the planet by himself.All he does is to take other people's appearances and cause petty crimes (like that swearing drunkard or that angry mother).Why didn't he just go ahead and kill Rui to begin with if he hates him so much?