Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Shaman King uncut?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Metazoxan, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I never watched this show and I figured might as well. Anyway I normally go with dumbs when they are avaliable... but this was done by 4kids! I hate when people write off dubs as bad but 4kids deserves it. Their voices are rarely good and they make so many stupid changes it's embarrassing.

So yeah really don't want to watch that. But I heard there was an uncut dub released at some point but found little info on this. I heard some say the uncut was never fully released but I couldn't find any confirmation. So could someone fill me in on this? If there isn't a non butchered dub out there I'll just watch it subbed because I just can't take 4kids bullshit.

2. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I only see two volumes on amazon and this is a 63 episode anime. So I guess it's true the uncut was never fully released? because nothing after volume 2 seems to be available
    http://www.amazon.com/Shaman-King-V...F8&qid=1406589866&sr=1-7&keywords=Shaman+King

4. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, it ran into the same licensing issue that arose with YuGiOh between 4kids and funi on licensing. The annoy part is that the licensing was up in 2009.

5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    in that case I'll just go with subs. Even if the uncut dub is good I'd rather not have to switch to shitty 4kids dubs or subs partway through the series. If I'm going to have to switch anyway I might as well go with subs from the start. Thanks for letting me know.