Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Maintenance Server Downtime 12-14-16

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    In case you didn't read on FB or hear from someone else, the server experienced some down time this morning. From about 5-9AM PST all of our sites were inaccessible. I woke up this morning to about a dozen messages on Skype informing me that nobody could reach any of our sites.

After contacting our server host's customer support they informed me that they were in the process of sending me an email informing me of the situation (yeah about 3 hours too late). Apparently our server, along with a lot of others, were being moved to a new SSD node.

So if you noticed the site was down earlier, that was why. Sorry for not getting a forum post up sooner. Making a FB post and letting some staff know what was going on was about all my phone would let me do.

2. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Luckily, it was during the morning, when traffic is somewhat low.

I think this could've been worse, and am happy that it wasn't.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Very true.

4. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I seriously had a panic attack I did not know what was going on I was close into taking a depression...... it was the end of the world I actually had to work!!!! instead of putting some time in the forum it was unbearable!!!! how could you do this to me @Sporadic HOW!!!! :p

5. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
  6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    reading the reaction of the new batch of members just, i cant help it, but put a smile on my face. its just like the old days. now dont get mad that im happy of such a bad event. i too was a bit alarmed when i cant access the site. i had 3 scenarios of the down time.
    1. dmca got a hold of us again
    2. its just me and its fine for the rest of the world. i did use the http://isitdownorjust.me/ site to check and guess what it said, it said yes its just me.
    3. my network admin blocked my access to this site (me in office when i visited the site)
    now back to my smiling, it was because you reminded me of how i acted as well. I EFFIN PANICKED! but after the years of staying in this site, for all the things that happened, i just kind of ...
    [​IMG]
    then i read @Sporadic's skype message and i gave a sigh of relief.

7. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like my host. They didn't even bother sending out a message that there was hardware failure. They posted it in the members area, which I rarely ever log into and so I didn't find out what was really going on until 3 days after the site came back up. You know what they said when I asked them why there wasn't an email notification for the affected sites? "We're not obligated to tell you through email. You're supposed to find that out in the members area." Yeah, fuck you too, host. Needless to say, I'm in the process of looking for a new host that offers unlimited MySQL databases at about the same pricing as my current host. Unfortunately, no ones offering unlimited databases anymore when there used to be plenty of options out there that didn't cost like $50 a month. I'd host my own site, but doing so would guarantee my ISP drops my service since they ban all FTP, Web, and File servers, even business accounts can't host their own servers and provide that service to their customers outside their network.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Ouch. Yeah, the days of affordable hosting are over. We're paying nearly $100 a month for our hosting on AltusHost and this is just a standard package with a RAM upgrade and a server in SE.

9. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Jesus, 100 dollars?

That's ridiculous -- particularly so, when you consider their business practices.

10. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Yup its a lot of money witch is why when @Sporadic request donations we as a community must all step up and donate even if its only 5$ it still helps! :)

11. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, I am still in school, and don't get any money.