Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Sega of America Formally Acquires Atlus USA

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Vladnyx, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Sega of America announced on Thursday via a press release that it has finalized its acquisition of Atlus USA. Sega will now publish all of Atlus USA's games in North America.

Although Sega has the publishing rights to Atlus, Sega stated that the the two companies will continue to work independently.
    [​IMG]
    Naoto Hiraoka, CEO of Atlus USA, said regarding the acquisition:

After nearly a year working under the Sega Games division, both Sega of America and Atlus U.S.A. have thrived and released a combined total of 23 game products. Between Atlus' ability to localize and release Japanese video game products efficiently and the strength of Sega of America's reputation as a leading publisher in the industry, the situation could not be more symbiotic for both companies.

Atlus' former parent company Index Corporation came under suspicion for improper accounting in June 2013. The former heads of Index were later arrested in 2014 for allegedly improper accounting via fictitious transactions.

Index Corporation filed for civil rehabilitation bankruptcy in summer 2013. As part of the bankruptcy proceedings, Index selected Sega as its sponsor from a group of about 20 bidders to transfer its business operations and maintain its value. Sega Sammy Holdings and Index Corporation confirmed Sega Sammy's takeover in September 2013. After the acquisition, Sega split Index into two different subsidiaries: Index and Atlus.

Sega will publish Atlus' Persona 5 PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 game, which is planned for a release this summer after several delays.​

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I have been dissapointed with sega, since it has not localized the newest Phantasy Star games and Valkyrie Chronicles. I hope their failure to localize some games does not spread to Atlus.

3. BlackHeartedRose The Bookworm

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I like Atlus video games. I don't really feel like Sega needed to take over them if they are still going to work independently. It is crazy that the former heads of the company were arrested. My favorite Atlus game is Trauma Team. It's so much fun to play!

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Never cared for Atlus and think Sega has fallen from grace. Persona was good but that's only two games. Now Sega gets their hands on them? How does Sega pull that off? Still waiting for a good Sonic game guys

Guess Sega needed someone to get their games localized but I honestly never really liked Atlus attempts at them. They always seemed so flat and lifeless. None of the games I played from them have ever grabbed my attention for long. What's worse was the fact that I always looked forward to playing those games by way of word of mouth.

Well not like Sega could disappoint me any further anyway so why not?

5. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    **Sega Announces the release of a new console called Sega Dreamcast 2.0 its better then the original but not really!

@Doomguy **throws himself out a window due to guilt for being wrong again....

Rest in peace my friend!